• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Daytime Running Lights / Car Audio - Help

Mahasona

Hi All,

So I was looking for a place to get daytime running lights fixed for my Mazda Axela. To my knowledge they should look something like this (even though different variations are available on the market). So i'm wondering does anyone know a good place to get this fixed? or to buy them at least?

hot-sale-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-For-f

Also I have seen the angel ring (Halo ring) version installed on Mazda 3 vehicles. Wonder if anyone does this in Sri Lanka? See below for image.

$_12.JPG

Now regarding the car audio / nation system I called Sun Lanka. They offered a device which will cost me 35K to install and the maps of LK for 11,000. Again does anyone know a better deal?

Thank you all, let's try to continue this thread and share knowledge so all car owners could benefit and keep there vehicles nice.

If that 35K device is a brand named forme/foryou, run as far as possible from it... I guarantee if you buy that you will bang your head against it in frustration someday. Go for reliable brands like kenwood,blapunkt,sony... There is a brand named caska, dunno nothing of its reliability

Edited by Jor-el

I agree with Jor-el, you should stick with a reputable brand like kenwood, pioneer etc. Is this sun lanka device integrated to your setup or is it a separate unit? Fellow member Ruslan suggested Garmin units, these are separate navigation units available for about $100 on ebay. You can install a free sl map locally.

If that 35K device is a brand named forme/foryou, run as far as possible from it... I guarantee if you buy that you will bang your head against it in frustration someday. Go for reliable brands like kenwood,blapunkt,sony... There is a brand named caska, dunno nothing of its reliability

Thanks for the tip mate. Unfortunately what they offer is some unbranded version. Maybe I should pay them a visit and see. The only problem is I don' know any other decent service provider to compare the prices and see. Also I wonder if I should order a good device online. Then again will it fit?

I agree with Jor-el, you should stick with a reputable brand like kenwood, pioneer etc. Is this sun lanka device integrated to your setup or is it a separate unit? Fellow member Ruslan suggested Garmin units, these are separate navigation units available for about $100 on ebay. You can install a free sl map locally.

I'm familiar with Garmin. Had a biking GPS device sometime back. The plus point is that you can track your route with it and share with friends.

However I was thinking of getting a complete set that supports navigation too. Any tips on good places around colombo to get it fixed?

Appreciate all the help guys :)

Pet#o had some complete kenwood players with built in garmin navi. You could check those out. Also Adv#nce Car Audio had some pioneer units.

Thx mate, i checked with Pet#o and they offered a kenwood with Sri Lankan navi for 68K. Maps are from sala it seems. But still comparing units.