• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gathers Jdm Navi-Stereos

gunat

This is a bit of a longshot, but has anyone retained the JDM navi/panel stereo in their JDM car? Particularly anyone who has a Gathers (Alpine?) satnav system?

Mine came with all the japanese documentations, codes, etc, but for the life of me (and google translate) I can't find the settings to change the damned clock on the thing!

This particular system is a crime to let go of- it has handfree BT, but most impressive is the reverse camera has 3 useful angles to chose from...which will be lost if another stereo is installed.

Part of me is wondering if these jdm nav systems get their time from the local satnav settings that are hardcoded into the system??

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Part of me is wondering if these jdm nav systems get their time from the local satnav settings that are hardcoded into the system??

Most do yes....

LOL..in Japan even most of the household clocks automatically adjust the time off of a broadcast :)

Most do yes....

LOL..in Japan even most of the household clocks automatically adjust the time off of a broadcast :)

That explains it- thanks!!

Spent my sunday afternoon looking a complete tool, sweating away in the car trying to figure where in the menus the setting was hidden.

Wonder if there's a way to hide the damned clock, in which case.

That explains it- thanks!!

Spent my sunday afternoon looking a complete tool, sweating away in the car trying to figure where in the menus the setting was hidden.

Wonder if there's a way to hide the damned clock, in which case.

I said MOST do ! Not all ! Who knows..maybe your one doesn't :)

This is a long shot, but I got this off another Alpine model

Setting the Time to automatically Adjust

When you set to ON, the time is automatically adjusted by RDS data.

Press and hold SETUP for at least 2 seconds to activate the

SETUP mode.

Turn the Rotary encoder to select the Tuner mode, and

then press

ENTER.

Bluetooth

 General  Display  Tuner  USB  Bluetooth

Turn the Rotary encoder to select Auto Clock, and then

press

ENTER.

Turn the Rotary encoder to select ON or OFF.

Press and hold SETUP for at least 2 seconds to return to

normal mode.

Notes

• Pressing

during the procedure will return to the previous mode.

• If no operation is performed for 60 seconds in the SETUP mode, the

setting mode is cancelled.

I said MOST do ! Not all ! Who knows..maybe your one doesn't

No easy way to find out, it seems. Changing the time on a clock shouldn't be this hard though :D

Please ignore if this sounds stupid. Will disconnectiing the battery at 12 mid night and reconnect help. Clock might then reset itself to 0.00 hrs.

Not stupid because you're not the first to suggest the same. I tried the factory reset on the stereo, which i thought would have the same effect (although it wasn't midnight)...no luck.

This is a long shot, but I got this off another Alpine model

Setting the Time to automatically Adjust

When you set to ON, the time is automatically adjusted by RDS data.

Press and hold SETUP for at least 2 seconds to activate the

SETUP mode.

Turn the Rotary encoder to select the Tuner mode, and

then press

ENTER.

Bluetooth

 General  Display  Tuner  USB  Bluetooth

Turn the Rotary encoder to select Auto Clock, and then

press

ENTER.

Turn the Rotary encoder to select ON or OFF.

Press and hold SETUP for at least 2 seconds to return to

normal mode.

Notes

• Pressing

during the procedure will return to the previous mode.

• If no operation is performed for 60 seconds in the SETUP mode, the

setting mode is cancelled.

Thanks for going to the trouble of typing this all out- unfortunately mine is a complete touch screen model...so the menu options aren't exactly the same. But will try and see if there's something similar...

Most do yes....

Not only household clocks but wristwatches too. Such as the Casio Waveceptor. In fact, the Japanese have introduced Seiko Astron series which auto correct time based on GPS signals anywhere in the world!

Pardon the OT by the amateur horologist :)

Not only household clocks but wristwatches too. Such as the Casio Waveceptor. In fact, the Japanese have introduced Seiko Astron series which auto correct time based on GPS signals anywhere in the world!

Pardon the OT by the amateur horologist :)

The question now is, what do you wear :)

Gunat, if you post some pictures, maybe iRage can read the Kenji and point you in the right direction.

The question now is, what do you wear :)

Gunat, if you post some pictures, maybe iRage can read the Kenji and point you in the right direction.

Clearly i've been off the forum too long. We have a resident translator? :D I've been using the Google translate App, which as impressive as it is, is quite laborious...Thanks for suggestion!

Do you have a link to a pdf version of the system's manual ? i could go though the index/table of contents and see if there is anything related to changing the time.

I sure do- let's see if this works:

Gathers

Thanks for your help!