• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Grade Differences Of Suzuki Every Mini Van

erangac

Hi,

I am looking for a Suzuki every mini van. When I looked market I found there are several models exist. Can someone tell me what are the differences between these models ?

I am referring recent modes made after 2011. I came across following models or grades upto now.

PA , PC, join, join turbo

Thanks

I maybe able to help you here

I'll go from the basic grade to the highest grade

PA grade

This is the most basic one( some people call this as wagon cuz it has the tail light near the rear door, but its not a wagon)

comes with winders, flat roof, no tints, velvet seats

0505215A30150306W00112.jpg

0505215A30150306W00113.jpg

0500466A30150319W00502.jpg

PA Grade

This is just like GA only difference is this comes as high roof and tail lights are on the bumper

0540714A30150324W00303.jpg

PC Grade

This comes with power shutters for front, tinted glasses, some of them come with fabric seats(i think its optional) and from this grade onward a metallic black color is available

0551496A30150321W00202.jpg

0551496A30150321W00207.jpg

0705698A30140419W00409.jpg

Join( also known as semi Join)

Comes with fully adjustable bucket seats with headrest for front and rear, retractable power mirrors, heater for rear, side steps for rear are covered with plastic( in the previous models its left exposing the metal)

0700067A30141017W00312.jpg

0700067A30141017W00314.jpg

0700067A30141017W00313.jpg

Join Turbo(Also known as full join)

Comes with a turbocharger, a 4 speed AT gearbox(non turbo models come with a 3 speed AT gearbox) power shutters for front and rear, painted retractable power mirrors, fabric on the door panels, RPM meter and the top speed goes up to 140km/h

0700506A30150114W00305.jpg

0700506A30150114W00303.jpg

70005506593015032000500.jpg

0505360A30141111W00214.jpg

0505360A30141111W00211.jpg

Like Shiffer mentioned there are wagon variants as well, mind you original wagons will be registered as motor car and not as a dual purpose vehicle. There are some converted ones, I personally would stay away from the converted ones. the PZ Turbo grade in the wagon is super nice!

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 3

The timing of this thread is rather apt.

I feel that it's now time to get rid of my wife's Passo which used to be our daily driver for the last four years.

Given the worsening traffic (especially parking issues) in Colombo, I was quite interested in the Suzuki Every due to it's easy driving ergonomics, ample internal space and set up.

I've once driven the previous model (2004) some years ago. But even though it was a manual, being 650cc it really sucked in pulling power and very often the a/c had to be swithced off to improve acceleration.

So just as I was just starting to research online about the new Every, this thread came up.

Thanks Magnum, for the details of the grades which I didnt know about. I'd prefer only the Join Turbo, a good unit of which I believe should be bit easy to find with the local importers.

I'd love the PZ Turbo but doubt if there are many brought down.

Could you or anyone else in the know help with the below also?

- How's the pick up and power delivery on the Join Turbo?

- How does the new Join Turbo's A/C fare in our sweltering heat? Does it cool quick and sufficiently after few hours in the hot sun?

- How is the overall build quality?

- Any known mechanical / electrical issues or niggles to watch out for?

- Since the PZ Turbo is not to be seen much on our roads how are the availability of body panels / parts for it? Or is the Join turbo better in this aspect?

The timing of this thread is rather apt.

I feel that it's now time to get rid of my wife's Passo which used to be our daily driver for the last four years.

Given the worsening traffic (especially parking issues) in Colombo, I was quite interested in the Suzuki Every due to it's easy driving ergonomics, ample internal space and set up.

I've once driven the previous model (2004) some years ago. But even though it was a manual, being 650cc it really sucked in pulling power and very often the a/c had to be swithced off to improve acceleration.

So just as I was just starting to research online about the new Every, this thread came up.

Thanks Magnum, for the details of the grades which I didnt know about. I'd prefer only the Join Turbo, a good unit of which I believe should be bit easy to find with the local importers.

I'd love the PZ Turbo but doubt if there are many brought down.

Could you or anyone else in the know help with the below also?

- How's the pick up and power delivery on the Join Turbo?

- How does the new Join Turbo's A/C fare in our sweltering heat? Does it cool quick and sufficiently after few hours in the hot sun?

- How is the overall build quality?

- Any known mechanical / electrical issues or niggles to watch out for?

- Since the PZ Turbo is not to be seen much on our roads how are the availability of body panels / parts for it? Or is the Join turbo better in this aspect?

You sound like you drove a bad specimen, i haven't heard anyone complain about A/C in these vans

Pretty much everything is very light but its not cheap. It wont start falling off.

Haven't heard of any mechanical/electrical issues

The wagon models are quite rare. mechanical parts are same as the normal models. Only difference is the appearance inside and out. The major difference is the rear. On the wagon models the tail lights are found above the bumper

0505286A30150324W00102.jpg

I have seen front end body parts in certain spare parts shops cuz some people fix the wagon's front end to the normal models. Mind you its not cheap, one person quoted 120,000 just for the bumper and headlights.

It comes as high roof and flat, i personally prefer it as high roof in pearl white color

95601501310050020500100.jpg

95401501290050487600400.jpg

bdw theres a new Suzuki Every came out in February this year

Thanks for the quick reply. I see from your flickr a/c that you have a Every in addition to the Hiace :)

Nice rides and good pics too. You seem to be a fan of vans.

I think the rear lights on the side of the rear door is more purposeful than having them on the buffer at the bottom, for the mere reason that we Sri Lankans do not leave enuf space after the vehicle in front and hence the lights on the buffer cannot be seen :)

I shall go around the car sales this weekend have a look see. Any suggestion of any car sale places around Colombo where I might find the higher grade Everys and also good specimens?

Also would you know how much the higher grades wud approximately cost?

Thanks for the quick reply. I see from your flickr a/c that you have a Every in addition to the Hiace :)

Nice rides and good pics too. You seem to be a fan of vans.

I think the rear lights on the side of the rear door is more purposeful than having them on the buffer at the bottom, for the mere reason that we Sri Lankans do not leave enuf space after the vehicle in front and hence the lights on the buffer cannot be seen :)

I shall go around the car sales this weekend have a look see. Any suggestion of any car sale places around Colombo where I might find the higher grade Everys and also good specimens?

Also would you know how much the higher grades wud approximately cost?

I HAD a Suzuki Every van, I sold it when i bought the Hiace

I do like some JDM vans,

Im from kandy, so do not know much about sales in CMB. When you are checking these wagon models make sure to look for the chassis number. Original wagon models have a chassis number like DA64W( W indicates its a wagon) where as in the normal modle it'll be DA64V( V indicates its a van)

Im not very sure about the price these days after the change in tax. bdw Wagon models will be taxed as motor car and registered as motor car. Theres one for sale in i*m*n, its a 2005 model though

Update:

And so I started from Pepiliyana and went all the way to Pamankada, stopping at every car sale where I spotted Suzuki Everys. Thanks to the info I got here, I was able to identify the models better.

Sadly there wasn't a single Every Wagon.

Most places did not have the Join Turbos but only the basic models or at times Semi-Joins. Came across a few 4WD models (manual) but wasn't interested.

At certain Car sales, the guys there were trying to convince me that the Turbos of the Every were faulty due to a 'sensor issue' and to go for the non turbo basic auto versions they had ;)
It was the first time I heard of such.

I even found couple of basic models which had the full set of bucket seats. Not sure if they were an option or were 'converted / upgraded' locally.

Most units' physical condition was not great. Lots of scratches and dents internally. Looks like these were used in Japan for semi industrial use.

Found only one Join Turbo (2013Dec Manufactured) in pretty good condition with 4k KMs on it. Full bucket seats (front and back), power mirrors with power folding, rear wiper and all. Didnt have any scratches / impact marks on its under carriage. Asking price 23.5
Though I started the engine and revved to abt 5k RPM, I actually couldn't make out the turbo whistling, which was strange.
My 2KDs turbo is very noticeable at such revs and hence I expected this also to be so. Mebe petrol turbos, especially Everys' are quieter???

Is*ra traders had a whole bunch of 2008-2010 Everys, all in pretty bad condition but with high asking prices. Hopeless buggers.....

Wanted to look around more to see if I could find a wagon.

Internet search indicates that most Wagons are in Car Sales up in Kandy. Even those advertised in CMB are not there anymore when I called. I wonder why...

Everies and other Kei vans are used by companies, shops, etc for delivery/transport of goods and for the most part taken over the role from the likes of normal sized vans (there used to be one close to my in-laws where the back was decked out to groom dogs). So yes the vans would have seen a fair share of abuse. Also, it won't be unnatural for these things to have clocked some high miles for its age relative to other Japanese imports like cars. So don't necessarily go by the mileage or put too much stock in to what is being displayed.

So are you set on a Suzuki Every ? Seen a few Mitsubishi Minicabs as well. They used to be manufactured by Suzuki but and was the same as the Carry/Every. I don't know if that is still the case. I guess you are looking at a kei van for space. Because on the other hand the car sales seem to be getting flooded with Wagon R and Wagon R Sting Rays these. Seems like they run form a bit expensive than a Every to a ridiculously expensive than an Every price range. On the plus point most of the Wagon Rs are new because the Hybrid variant came out a lot more recently than the Everies you are looking at.

Edited by iRage

Everies and other Kei vans are used by companies, shops, etc for delivery/transport of goods and for the most part taken over the role from the likes of normal sized vans (there used to be one close to my in-laws where the back was decked out to groom dogs). So yes the vans would have seen a fair share of abuse. Also, it won't be unnatural for these things to have clocked some high miles for its age relative to other Japanese imports like cars. So don't necessarily go by the mileage or put too much stock in to what is being displayed.

So are you set on a Suzuki Every ? Seen a few Mitsubishi Minicabs as well. They used to be manufactured by Suzuki but and was the same as the Carry/Every. I don't know if that is still the case. I guess you are looking at a kei van for space. Because on the other hand the car sales seem to be getting flooded with Wagon R and Wagon R Sting Rays these. Seems like they run form a bit expensive than a Every to a ridiculously expensive than an Every price range. On the plus point most of the Wagon Rs are new because the Hybrid variant came out a lot more recently than the Everies you are looking at.

Well, not sure abt the Mitsubishis. There weren't many around but did notice that there were quite a few Mazda Scrums, which were exactly the same as the Suzuki Everys except for the badges. Somewhat like the Toyota Passo / Daihatsu Boon scenario. They were abt 100k less in price and were not the Turbo version.

Given that Suzuki Every is the more popular and common Kei van in SL, I was looking for that(U knw the SL mentality ;) ).

It's appearance too has somewhat grown on me :)

Yes, saw the Wagon Rs / Stingrays but not interested on em cos this would not be the only vehicle at home and I want it to serve the city running purpose better.

Agree that the mileage on these cannot be trusted. The initial 2004 Every that I mentioned on my earlier post, was bought unregistered in 2006 and had 24k on the ODO whereas after buying the owner found one of those Rev Licence like round sticker in the vehicle, which had the correct chasis numbr and it mentioned 178k KMs!!! But mind you the engine didn't sound like it had done so much. That I guess depends on the running conditions in Jap.

Well, not sure abt the Mitsubishis. There weren't many around but did notice that there were quite a few Mazda Scrums, which were exactly the same as the Suzuki Everys except for the badges. Somewhat like the Toyota Passo / Daihatsu Boon scenario. They were abt 100k less in price and were not the Turbo version.

Given that Suzuki Every is the more popular and common Kei van in SL, I was looking for that(U knw the SL mentality ;) ).

It's appearance too has somewhat grown on me :)

Yes, saw the Wagon Rs / Stingrays but not interested on em cos this would not be the only vehicle at home and I want it to serve the city running purpose better.

Agree that the mileage on these cannot be trusted. The initial 2004 Every that I mentioned on my earlier post, was bought unregistered in 2006 and had 24k on the ODO whereas after buying the owner found one of those Rev Licence like round sticker in the vehicle, which had the correct chasis numbr and it mentioned 178k KMs!!! But mind you the engine didn't sound like it had done so much. That I guess depends on the running conditions in Jap.

Interesting out look :) The usual thought is that a hybrid car would be better to be stuck in traffic than a turbo charged van :)

What ound sticker ? a Japanese one ? You get the Shaken (japanese vehicle inspection) sticker which for a a kei van should be a yellow square sticker and that shows the date/year the shaken needs to be renewed. Then there is the clock like sticker which is the annual inspection sticker which shows the date it was last done and the date it sholud be done next. Neither of those show the mileage. Unless you are referring to the JAAI inspection sticker which shows the mileage when the car was inspected by them...

Interesting out look :) The usual thought is that a hybrid car would be better to be stuck in traffic than a turbo charged van :)

What ound sticker ? a Japanese one ? You get the Shaken (japanese vehicle inspection) sticker which for a a kei van should be a yellow square sticker and that shows the date/year the shaken needs to be renewed. Then there is the clock like sticker which is the annual inspection sticker which shows the date it was last done and the date it sholud be done next. Neither of those show the mileage. Unless you are referring to the JAAI inspection sticker which shows the mileage when the car was inspected by them...

Well...let me put it like this. Fuel efficiency is not at the top of my requirements list as of now.

For the near future, I would not want to try my hand at hybrids or electric vehicles. Would prefer to stick with ICE vehicles. Much less sophistication and headache too. Murphy's law works full time in my life. So I try to keep things a little less sophisticated :)

I didn't see the sticker myself. So I guess that it would have been the JAAI inspection sticker as u said. I do not see y the owner would lie wrt such because he only stands to loose by such a statement.

Anyone knows how these Kei vans suspensions perform and hold up in our potholes ridden roads?

The Passo gave me never ending headaches in this regard but then again Passo is known for that issue....

Update:

And so I started from Pepiliyana and went all the way to Pamankada, stopping at every car sale where I spotted Suzuki Everys. Thanks to the info I got here, I was able to identify the models better.

Sadly there wasn't a single Every Wagon.

Most places did not have the Join Turbos but only the basic models or at times Semi-Joins. Came across a few 4WD models (manual) but wasn't interested.

At certain Car sales, the guys there were trying to convince me that the Turbos of the Every were faulty due to a 'sensor issue' and to go for the non turbo basic auto versions they had ;)

It was the first time I heard of such.

I even found couple of basic models which had the full set of bucket seats. Not sure if they were an option or were 'converted / upgraded' locally.

Most units' physical condition was not great. Lots of scratches and dents internally. Looks like these were used in Japan for semi industrial use.

Found only one Join Turbo (2013Dec Manufactured) in pretty good condition with 4k KMs on it. Full bucket seats (front and back), power mirrors with power folding, rear wiper and all. Didnt have any scratches / impact marks on its under carriage. Asking price 23.5

Though I started the engine and revved to abt 5k RPM, I actually couldn't make out the turbo whistling, which was strange.

My 2KDs turbo is very noticeable at such revs and hence I expected this also to be so. Mebe petrol turbos, especially Everys' are quieter???

Is*ra traders had a whole bunch of 2008-2010 Everys, all in pretty bad condition but with high asking prices. Hopeless buggers.....

Wanted to look around more to see if I could find a wagon.

Internet search indicates that most Wagons are in Car Sales up in Kandy. Even those advertised in CMB are not there anymore when I called. I wonder why...

You wont hear the turbo whistle as much you hear from a 1KD or 2KD engine, to be honest i haven't the turbo whistle at all from these Every vans, but you notice a clear difference between turbo and non-turbo model. The difference is also cuz of the extra gear in the turbo version.

Yes, vans are mostly imported by people from Kandy, I have seen most from people from eastern and northern part of the country come to Kandy to looks vans, specially Hiace vans

Well...let me put it like this. Fuel efficiency is not at the top of my requirements list as of now.

For the near future, I would not want to try my hand at hybrids or electric vehicles. Would prefer to stick with ICE vehicles. Much less sophistication and headache too. Murphy's law works full time in my life. So I try to keep things a little less sophisticated :)

I didn't see the sticker myself. So I guess that it would have been the JAAI inspection sticker as u said. I do not see y the owner would lie wrt such because he only stands to loose by such a statement.

Anyone knows how these Kei vans suspensions perform and hold up in our potholes ridden roads?

The Passo gave me never ending headaches in this regard but then again Passo is known for that issue....

Kei vans arent very friendly with pot holes. they have a quite hard suspension. I think its to keep them stable at high speeds

• 3 years later...

hi there...

could you guys please tell me about fuel consumption of this vehicle...

& also need to know which has best fuel economy(2016 join turbo,2017 join turbo,2015 wagon pz turbo,2016 wagon)

also i'm very interested about "2017 join turbo" & 2016 join turbo" variants,coz these variants have beautiful ODO..

is it true that TURBO variants have poor fuel consumption?  

references:https://carfromjapan.com/specifications/suzuki/every

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Planning on purchasing a Suzuki Every, this will be my first vehicle purchase. Appreciate your advice on where to buy one from, and if I will be able to purchase brand new ones, rather than reconditioned, and if going for the reconditioned, pls suggest some things to keep an eye out for. 

Many thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...