• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2013 Toyota Prius Low Mpg

kalum123

DEAR ALL,

I BROUGHT A 3RD GEN TOYOTA PRIUS ( 3000KM TOTAL MILAGE) SEVERAL MONTH BEFORE . BUT IN CITY DRIVING IT DOES 12KM PER/LITER AND HIGHWAY DRIVING IT DOES 22KM/LITER WITH A/C ON IN ECO MODE

IS THIS NORMAL BECAUSE I FEEL 12KM/LITER IS VERY LOW PLS GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. I HAVE ATTACHED LINK FOR MY FUEL-UPS

http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/prius/2013/kalum123/319678

DEAR ALL,

I BROUGHT A 3RD GEN TOYOTA PRIUS ( 3000KM TOTAL MILAGE) SEVERAL MONTH BEFORE . BUT IN CITY DRIVING IT DOES 12KM PER/LITER AND HIGHWAY DRIVING IT DOES 22KM/LITER WITH A/C ON IN ECO MODE

IS THIS NORMAL BECAUSE I FEEL 12KM/LITER IS VERY LOW PLS GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. I HAVE ATTACHED LINK FOR MY FUEL-UPS

Holy! Easy on the caps lock Kalum123! (Please try typing with the caps lock off next time. Its much easier for everyone else to read that way...)

I'm kinda shocked at the number's listed, 12kmpl seems kinda low for a Prius in the city. Wouldn't a decent diesel would get around the same numbers?

Are the figures quoted displayed value or actual consumption values? When you run in the city does the car run on battery instead of the engine most of the time or is it other way round?

DEAR ALL,

city limit fuel economy seems low. One of my friend said his prius does around 17-18 in city.

btw, what's that site ? is it fuel economy tracking site ?

One of my friends said his gf looks like Mila Kunis's twin sister. Just ignore what your friends say.

Secondly, stop being dependant on the internet for every damn little thing in your life. Pump full tank of fuel, write down the mileage on the back of a cigarette box or something (pllleaaaaaaaaaaaase not the Internet!) run for about 100km, then top up the tank again, preferably from the same shed at the same time of the day. Then post the results.

BTW you are just running about 500km a month..... If I were you, I would just use meter taxies for my travel, considering the wear, tear, service costs, lease instalments and all that...