• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Place To Do A Touch-Up Paint Job

lakshan20

Question

Hi,

It's a pearl-white color car (toyota aqua) & there are several light scratches (max would be about 3mm) scattered over about 4-5 inches in one side of the rear buffer. I checked with a place who does cut n polish. But they said that doing a cut n polish would not fix those scratches as the scratches are deep and the best solution would be doing a touch up paint job.

Is there a good place to do a touch-up paint job? If so how much will it cost?

Thanks,

13 answers to this question

Thanks for your valuable feedback guys. I'll contact him Zaradiyel. I tried to do a touch-up job coz it is a very minor scratch. When I talked to the insurance guy, he told that "It's a very minar scratch. You might be able to remove it by doing a cut n polish & passed 6000 bucks as the claim."

As some ppl told me it will cost around atleast 15k to paint the buffer & they hav told me to wait sometime for another damage in the buffer & do it. Thats why I was looking for a alternative solution for the moment.

What do u guys think abt buying a touch-up paint from a good place like this & doing the touch-up & then doing a cut & polish in that area?

I'll post a pic when I hv time.

Thanks again.

Pearls are a tricky business. If you are not experienced in painting and intend to a DIY job, you might want to think that one through. A cut and polish will only help if the scratch isn't too deep, which you already mentioned isn't the case.

If the scratch isn't sticking out like a sore thumb, I don't think it's worth painting over the original paint. Wait until a few more of these accumulate over time and do it in one go.

From experience I can tell u that Pearls are tough to do. When Ihad minorscratches all the decent painters said to live with it (in Africa). Friends with pearl cars got panels done up by really good painters and they still stood out to the keen eye.

Are u sure you need it ? You might think living with the scratches is difficult and painting is best; painted results might be harder to live with.

From experience I can tell u that Pearls are tough to do. When Ihad minorscratches all the decent painters said to live with it (in Africa). Friends with pearl cars got panels done up by really good painters and they still stood out to the keen eye.

Are u sure you need it ? You might think living with the scratches is difficult and painting is best; painted results might be harder to live with.

off topic but dude where haven't you lived in FFS? :D

This is absolutely right. If the painted bumper looks a different shade, you will end up losing sleep until you replace it with an original spare...which will be an even bigger cost...and all for nothing.

I contacted the guy zaradiyel has suggested. He told that he can do a touch-up job & he'll give a warranty of 5 years for the paint job. According to him it'll cost less than 3.5k. Seems to be a fair deal.

So whats the result ? I am also looking for a place these days :)