• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Side Skirt Protection From Stone Chips

killercruise

Hello,

I am posting this behalf of my friend. Bugger has a modified honda civic and the side skirts of the car is a bit low (body kit has made them low), the problem is since its low, the side skirts tend to take a beating from stones. There are lots of stone chips on the side skirts.

Stone chips meaning little stones which gets thrown by the car tyres itself while driving.

The questions are, is there a way to protect the side skirts from stone chips?

If yes, where is it avaialble in SL?

Thanks ;)

Edited by killercruise

The protective film 'aka clear bra' is very popular here, specially on high priced cars to protect against rock chips on the highway. The quality of the film and the skills of the person applying it is the most important. But on a place like the side skirts it really wouldn't matter.

I've never used them paint protection film thingies btw, just thought it might help

The protective film 'aka clear bra' is very popular here, specially on high priced cars to protect against rock chips on the highway. The quality of the film and the skills of the person applying it is the most important. But on a place like the side skirts it really wouldn't matter.

Thanks for the info. Do these famous shops such as adv*nce c*r audio,pe*co,etc provide these things?

I believe there is no way around your freind's situ. My car also has as e of fcty skirts that have come off now after years of abuse. I thought of removing it altogether but can't cause the Italians have made the skirt an integral part of the floor pan design. The rivets holding it have come off and now in the proce of getting them redone and repainted.

If your friend's car has skirts that were installed locally, I suppose the original layout will not suffer if you pull them off.

This is the price of rice I suppose... :)