• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car To Buy Around 30 Laks

rskoora

Hi Folks

I am looking for a car these days and my budget is 30 laks.. I am interesting on below cars.

Allion 240 2002-2003

AXIO 2007 is it possible?

CIVIC ES5 2005

What would be the best buy for my budget ? I know so many experts are here please give me your thoughts!!

Thanks

Roshan.

I'm not an expert but shall I suggest 2008 Civic FD1 or FD4 since you have listed a civic? It can be slightly higher (like 1 lak more). IMHO I think it's best to go for a newer model (not Indian though).

Thanks night for the reply!! let me consider it!!

I think out of all your options allion 240 would be the best choice. don't think buying the 2007 axio as it has a huge issue with the dash board. I saw an axio where the dash board had got melted due to high temperature. (when i say melted, not as a whole, but the part which is very close to the windscreen. they say they have rectified this issue in the 2008 version of it, but i doubt u be able to find a one without any dashboard damages!?) civic es5 is a good option but the cost of maintenance is a bit on the high range-good car though!

Edited by Dr.Dre
  • Like 1

I think out of all your options allion 240 would be the best choice. don't think buying the 2007 axio as it has a huge issue with the dash board. I saw an axio where the dash board had got melted due to high temperature. (when i say melted, not as a whole, but the part which is very close to the windscreen. they say they have rectified this issue in the 2008 version of it, but i doubt u be able to find a one without any dashboard damages!?) civic es5 is a good option but the cost of maintenance is a bit on the high range-good car though!

great thanks!!

The Axio is slightly above 3 million and you can get a much newer Lancer Ex around the same price.

There is also the Trio of Belta/Yaris/Vios a bit under the 3 million mark

And also the Nissan Tida.

It would be useful to know what your priorities are from your vehicle.

I saw an axio where the dash board had got melted due to high temperature. (when i say melted, not as a whole, but the part which is very close to the windscreen. they say they have rectified this issue in the 2008 version of it, but i doubt u be able to find a one without any dashboard damages!?)

This is true, I also checked out few Axio 2006 and 2007 ones before I bought my car, all of them had this issue with the dash. Some were cracked real bad they were ugly to look at. 2008 Axio does not have this issue.

Like Don suggested do try to find a Lancer EX, although it will be slightly over your budget it’s a better car than the axio and allion. I don’t recommend spending 3m on a 10 year old allion.

• Like 1

Great thanks guys!

@bycap No intention to get a nissan car this time !!

@Don Lancer Ex is a lovely car! I am bit worrying about its reselling value here in Sri Lanka

You need to read up on the forum. Very few popular Japanese cars have re sale issues in SL. You only have issues when you price your car above market.

If you check the classifieds you will also note that the Civic FD series cars are within budget. If going for a hybrid get a battery status report done at the agent.

Edited by The Don

Axio (2007)would be at least 3.2 M. So that exceeds your budget. If you are gonna buy one better to go for x limited or G grade. Much more options than X and second hand market wont be that different. True that models before '08 has this dashboard issue. It is a good car with good interior exterior and suspension. Does 17 kmpl on long runs and 12-13 kmpl in city. Im not satisfied with its handling comparing with Lancer EX or Mazda Axela. Other than that Im really enjoying my ride.

• Like 1

I'd say go for a FD1. Prices are almost the same but more features. A bit hard to find though. I'm still looking for one as well...lol

aha nice to hear that! However FD1's fuel consumption bit lower than FD4 is n't? ppl saying does only 7kmpl in city.

Edited by rskoora

What I hear from some FD owners is FC is the same. Because of the weight, FD4 engine has to work harder to move, burning more fuel. FD1 got other features like sunroof, paddle shift, cruise control etc. Then again it might not be used often. If FC is a concern best would be a Toyota or 2009 FD3 IMHO.

• Like 1

Honda should give you a sportier feel during ride

Axio looks too plain and boring

Allion though looks better than an Axio, is getting a little old. Isn't it?

All the best

Thanks mate! yes Allions are bit older now.. looking for a civic now very hard to find one though!!

• Like 1