• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Lancer Ex - Optimal Fuel Consumption

dasunh

Is there a multi colored information display on the new EX? On the Bratt thread I can only see a single colored LCD display?
I downloaded the book from US mitsu site... In SL you only get single color (type 1) multi colored panels are (type 2)

While the monochromatic (red) multi info display is the standard option for most of the Lancer EXs we find in Sri Lanka (mainly GLX and GLS), there are models which have the colour display as standard - probably in Sri Lanka too. The Lancer EX GT (2.0L MIVEC Turbo) has this as standard after 2012 or so if I remember correctly. AND we have a couple of them in the country although I'm not sure about the YOM of them.

While the monochromatic (red) multi info display is the standard option for most of the Lancer EXs we find in Sri Lanka (mainly GLX and GLS), there are models which have the colour display as standard - probably in Sri Lanka too. The Lancer EX GT (2.0L MIVEC Turbo) has this as standard after 2012 or so if I remember correctly. AND we have a couple of them in the country although I'm not sure about the YOM of them.

And vaguely remember Galant Fortis which is the JDM Lancer comes with color display as well.. not sure though..

Edited by trinity

Yup... It might be possible to do a swap if you can get your hands on one of those meter clusters with multicolored displays. But should get an ex first :( I have vowed myself to own an ex before I die :D
Yeah me too man, me too!

I'll be damned! me too me too....

Who wouldnt want a car like this... (well this is an evo, but you know what i mean... :) )

2008-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-MR-Fron

• Like 2

Some are almost not practical but thanks for your contribution.

LOL...dude the first few bullet points were just for humor. Although I did meet a guy who didn't like taking a full load of passengers in his car because of the load it created and another who decided to run on over inflated tires.

The only serious suggestions were in the last paragraph :)

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the details.

Can't we use any technique such as Prius owners use slide and glide? Am asking because I don't know.

Dont ruin your drive experience by trying to drive a Lancer like a Prius.

Having a light food could save fuel as many have suggested. On high speeds, try to hold the RPM a constant value and that would save fuel too. That is, accelerate to the designated speed and, hold your foot steady so that the acceleration is just enough the maintain the said speed.

• Like 3

I recently bought a Lancer Ex 2008 GLS which is a A/T car. I'm using 95 Octane as fuel. I can only get 8 to 9 KM/L out of it in city limits. I heard that manual Lancer EX does more than 12, 13 KM/L in city limits. My questions are
  • Is there a ECO mode where I gain get more?
  • Best practices to be followed(in A/T)?
  • How can I improve? Any techniques or advice?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the club bro. You are correct, my manual Ex does 13 in the city and 16-17 outstation. This is without compromising the enjoying the car.

A/Ts are expected to have an economy around 10, My boss has one and boss's the driver is a very aggressive driver and it still does 9-10 in city.

So my point is, why do you want to compromise your diving pleasure to have a 0.5 improvement on the consumption?

For an example, in my case I run about 2,000 km per month, I get an average of 12.5-13 kmpl. Say if I want to increase the consumption by 0.5 kmpl from 12.5 to 13. Which means my savings on fuel used will be just 6.15 liters which is in money terms on 95 octain is LKR 800 per month. For which I have to forego a lot of fun which is not a sacrifice I am willing to make.

Same way an improvement of 10kmpl to 10.5kmpl will save 9.5 liters and LKR 1,200 per month on 2,000 km.

Conclusion - Just have fun with your car.

• Like 3

Welcome to the club bro. You are correct, my manual Ex does 13 in the city and 16-17 outstation. This is without compromising the enjoying the car.

A/Ts are expected to have an economy around 10, My boss has one and boss's the driver is a very aggressive driver and it still does 9-10 in city.

So my point is, why do you want to compromise your diving pleasure to have a 0.5 improvement on the consumption?

For an example, in my case I run about 2,000 km per month, I get an average of 12.5-13 kmpl. Say if I want to increase the consumption by 0.5 kmpl from 12.5 to 13. Which means my savings on fuel used will be just 6.15 liters which is in money terms on 95 octain is LKR 800 per month. For which I have to forego a lot of fun which is not a sacrifice I am willing to make.

Same way an improvement of 10kmpl to 10.5kmpl will save 9.5 liters and LKR 1,200 per month on 2,000 km.

Harry is your EX a Manual? it must be freakin awesome to drive..

• Like 1

LOL...dude the first few bullet points were just for humor. Although I did meet a guy who didn't like taking a full load of passengers in his car because of the load it created and another who decided to run on over inflated tires.

The only serious suggestions were in the last paragraph :)

I know I was being nice.

Thanks man. will do.

Harry is your EX a Manual? it must be freakin awesome to drive..

Yes it is a manual. Oh, I am loving it bro. It needs a tuneup soon though.

Best part of my day is to drive it 70km each day ;-)

Edited by Harry (aq)
  • Like 1

Have you done any modifications? Engine? Body? Interior? Exterior?

Only tints. nothing else yet, had a plan to add the stock spoiler but then I bought my second Punto for wife. so any plans of mods for my Ex are postponed until I get stabilised with my cash flow.

May be, Spoiler, wind shields, the new stock audio/radio set up with the screen and new tints.

• Like 1

Stumbled upon this while searching for the multi colored display :)

http://fastlanemagazinebd.com/2014/02/commodity-competitors-toyota-allion-a15-vs-mitsubishi-lancer-ex/

Some interesting facts, didnt know that the Lancer has no EPS. The bangladeshi import version has a sun roof? Is it optional here?

I love the saying at the end: "The Allion is more of a car to be driven in and the Lancer is totally a driver’s car."

Edited by Reckless
  • Like 1

Stumbled upon this while searching for the multi colored display :)

http://fastlanemagazinebd.com/2014/02/commodity-competitors-toyota-allion-a15-vs-mitsubishi-lancer-ex/

Some interesting facts, didnt know that the Lancer has no EPS. The bangladeshi import version has a sun roof? Is it optional here?

I love the saying at the end: "The Allion is more of a car to be driven in and the Lancer is totally a driver’s car."

Nice cars but both run in less than a quarter of fuel left. Looks like in Toyota warning blinks :)

Anyway the fuel consumption is highly depend on the driver and the route. Within a month's time traffic got bad to worst in Malabe - Battharamulla - Rajagiriya area bringing down my stats to 8 - 9 kmpl. (mine is not a ex though, 1.6L, GLX).

I had a Lancer and I bought a Lancer and next time I'm going too buy a Lancer. There are no second thoughts but what I'm trying to do here is get more fuel efficiency much as possible.

Ya, we all do love some cars but we cannot go far ahead with those due to certain limitations. in this case fuel economy.

if you had fallen <3 with it that much, don't think much about the drawback.

according to my experience, most cars r native to certain economies.

but after changes in mechanical conditions, driving styles, road conditions, u may get a bit higher economy but again don't expect a big one.

enjoy ur loving car......

Ya, we all do love some cars but we cannot go far ahead with those due to certain limitations. in this case fuel economy.

if you had fallen <3 with it that much, don't think much about the drawback.

according to my experience, most cars r native to certain economies.

but after changes in mechanical conditions, driving styles, road conditions, u may get a bit higher economy but again don't expect a big one.

enjoy ur loving car......

can't agree more

When anyone start to discuss a Lancer Ex it gets really interesting ( eg: BRATT thread )

And davy, I mean Unit#d Mot#rs import only 1.6 so it comes with the red display. I reasearched EX extensively and read each and every post in BRATT thread and called Unit#d Mot#rs to ask about the permit price of an ex - the bastard said " dan api EX model eka permit ekata denne nae sir"

May you rot in hell UM.

• Like 1

When anyone start to discuss a Lancer Ex it gets really interesting ( eg: BRATT thread )

And davy, I mean Unit#d Mot#rs import only 1.6 so it comes with the red display. I reasearched EX extensively and read each and every post in BRATT thread and called Unit#d Mot#rs to ask about the permit price of an ex - the bastard said " dan api EX model eka permit ekata denne nae sir"

May you rot in hell UM.

Did you ask them why?

Is it because after the government change, they can't get it under the permit limits in a spec that can be sold in SL?

May you rot in hell UM.

Ayyo, is this Yahapalane????

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="iRage" data-cid="273650" data-time="1425481573"><p>

<br />

Do I sense a "Lancer EX Dream Loosers" FB page/group and petitions ?</p></blockquote>

You will support us, won't you? :P :p

When I asked why they were babbling, "nae sir, eka dennae-nae. Outlander ekai Montero Sports ekai witharai dennae"

Dunno if gov change has anything to do with it.

:(

Outlander and montero sports are offered on higher value permits.

The problem they have is at that price point buyers expect a particular spec, and if they can't offer that in that price braket with enough of a profit margin it doesn't make comercial sense to offer it on the permit

• Confused 1