• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Mazda 3/axela For Permit.

luckey007

Dear friends,

Decided to buy a Mazda3 or Axela for my permit.Then contacted Carmart and this is their reply.Please go through it.

Greetings from Car Mart !!!

Further to our telephone conversation today, herewith I am sending you the details of the Mazda3. I also have attached photos of the Mazda3 for you kind reference.

We are pleased to propose you the all-new 2014 Mazda3 sedan. The all-new Mazda3 raises expectations from first sight. Fully embodying KODO design, it is instantly recognisable as a Mazda thanks to its muscular and dynamic styling. The all-new Mazda3 delivers a no compromise combination of exhilarating handling and performance whilst achieving outstanding fuel economy and CO2 emissions.Vehicle details

Class: 4 door sedan

Make: Mazda

Model: Mazda3

Version: Core

Country of origin: Japan

Engine: 1.6L 4-cylinder petrol

Transmission: Automatic with Tiptronic

Upholstery: Black or Black/sand fabric

Seating: 5 including driver

Standard features on Core

· Halogen headlamps

· Automatic headlamps

· Fog lamps

· UV cut windows

· Body colour front grille

· Retractable power mirrors

· Front & rear power windows

· Rain sensing windshield wipers

· Radio antenna integrated into rear windshield

· Overhead console with sunglass holder

· Digital tachometer

· 4 speaker stereo with segmented monochrome LCD display

· Bluetooth hands free

· CFC free air conditioning

· Urethane steering wheel with audio and Bluetooth controls

· Remote central locking with two remotes

· Height adjustable driver’s seat

· Fabric upholstery

· Driver and passenger sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors

· Electro chromic rear view mirror

· 16” alloy wheels with 205/60 R16 tyres

· Anti-theft alarm

· Super locking system

· Automatic door locks

Additional features on Core+

· 6 speaker premium stereo with large-screen full colour TFT display

· Leather steering wheel with audio and Bluetooth controls

· Leather gear knob and hand brake

· Reverse camera

· Cruise contro

lColours

· Snowflake white pearl

· Aluminium

· Soul red (extra cost option)

· Jet black mica

· Meteor grey mica

· Blue reflex mica

· Deep crystal blue mica

· Titanium flash mica

· Arctic white
Value Additions

We also provide the following value additions free of charge:

· Free 4 year / 100,000km extended warranty

· Free registration

· Free revenue license

· Free full tank of fuel on delivery

· Free rubber carpets
Pricing
Pricing includes all duties and taxes.
Mazda 3 All Inclusive 1.6L - Rs 3,750,000/=
Payment Terms

Rs. 200,000 payable to confirm the order,

Rs. 3,000,000 to open the LC and purchase the permit after one month from the date of confirmation..

Balance upon arrival of the vehicle to Sri Lanka.
Delivery

Within 3-4 months from confirmation.
Warranty

4 years / 100,000km extended warranty against manufacturing defects.
After Sales

We provide the first three services labour free with each new Mazda vehicle.

After sales servicing and repairs can be handled by either our Colombo 2 primary workshop, or Ratmalana branch, which also caters to accident repairs.

For your convenience, we operate a 24 hour breakdown service with our own flatbed car carrier.

We hope that this offer meets your requirements, and we look forward to your valued order. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Thank You,

According to the marketing executive they offer Core+ for above price and the price is valid only for this month.! That means I have to confirm within 3 days!

And I have contacted 4 dealers who import vehicles from Japan... But none of them did not seem to have even a clue about axela. They are experts of axios and premios but when I mention axela ,aaaa is the first reply I got from 3 of them. Went cover to cover in HitAd , but only one importer even mentioned Axela and when I call them they only know about Hybrid version!!!!

My questions are:

1)Is this quoted price is reasonable?

2)Will I be able to go for more options if I go for JDM?

3) If I import vehicle without through the agent-[obviously JDM] how much will I be able to save?Is it worth?

4)Advice regarding buy from the agents or buy a JDM through a usual importer.Which one will be wiser?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Reply from colonial

Features/specifications are almost same with carmart..

As requested I have attached the Mazda 3 specifications for your kind
perusal and the approximate prices are given below. The prices are subject
to change according to the fluctuation of the Yen and the changes in duty.

Mazda 3 2014 Model – 1.6 L

Special Price for Ex Stock Rs. 5,500,000.00 (All
inclusive) --- Rs. 5,050,000.00 (Ex Stock)

• The colour red would cost you Rs. 100,000 more as it is a
designer colour

The following will be included in the above price:

· Mazda 3 1.6L- 10% on your CIF (Approx) Rs. 220,000.00

· 2nd Transfer fee Rs. 46,000

· Revenue License Rs. 4500

Terms & Condition

Warranty

: 03 Years - 100,000 km whichever comes first

Service

: Tree free services with labour, lubricants and materials

Colours Available are as follows:

· Blue Reflex

· Snowflake White Pearl

Please feel free to contact me on 0772122135 for any further clarifications.
We are anticipating a favorable reply from you. Assuring our best services
at all times.

Thanking You

Yours Sincerely,

Senior Executive

Colonial Motors (Ceylon) Ltd

Authorized Importer & Distributors for Mazda-Sri Lanka & Republic of
Maldives

The gasoline Axela comes only in 1.5 litre form in Japan.

Some things I would personally miss from that options list;

- the BOSE stereo system (not sure if the export model's CORE+ premium stereo is the same or not...I know just a thing)

- Heads-up display - Standard on the highest grade of the AXELA but the dealership was willing to special order it on the grade lower than that

- AIRBAGS...the Axela had side airbags (does the MAZDA 3 come with it)

- Apart from that there were a few options that really didn't make sense outside of Japan.

- 6 speed manual transmission option (not the most fastest thing out there but the test unit I drove was pretty damn fun !)

Plus I recall seeing some other packages that included auto levelling lights, etc (some safety package)

If you go for the JDM model you would also have the option of getting the 2.0 Hybrid variant if it really matter to you (The Hybrid system is off of Toyota). Not sure how much of fuel savings you would have. Also, the JDM has an AXELA Sport variant which is the hatchback.

Personally, if I have the option of getting a brand new car via the official agent or a third party dealer; I would ALWAYS go with the official agent. Even if the agent sucked you could always make a claim directly with the manufacturer to resolve any issue you would have. With a third party car dealer I am placing my self at their mercy and most of these guys do not have neither the ethics nor the discipline to follow up on their word.

So the 3.75 mil price is the price of the car if you have the permit (i.e. you need to buy the permit on top of that). I think the clause "Rs. 3,000,000 to open the LC and purchase the permit after one month from the date of confirmation' is somewhat ambiguous.

Can;t comment about the price and saving...but.....about 5 months ago the mid range SkyActive 1.5 litre 6MT the dealer spec'd out came at about 2.5mil yen all inclusive whilst an equally spec'd Hybrid variant came in at around 2.7 mil yen. Just checked some Japanese car sites and you can get similar ones around 2.0mil yen and 2.4 mil yen respectively at auction and other car sales with just a few hundred kms on them.

Edited by iRage

They don't Offer skyactive engine... :speechless-smiley-019:

A few things I noticed. Colonial offers the car Ex Stock while Car Mart is going to import it with a 4 month wait. The only advantage of the import is you have more choice on configrable items such as colour interior etc.

Car mart also seems to offer an extra year of warranty.

The SkyActiv is not available on the 1.6 engine, which is actually a Ford engine (I read this from another thread and info was supplied by Crosswind). I'm not sure why they don't offer the 1.5 SkyActiv but perhaps its Mazda strategy. The thing is Sri Lankan dealers would stick to one version to make it easy for them to stock parts and support the vehicle as the numbers sold through them is relatively low.

A few things I noticed. Colonial offers the car Ex Stock while Car Mart is going to import it with a 4 month wait. The only advantage of the import is you have more choice on configrable items such as colour interior etc.

Car mart also seems to offer an extra year of warranty.

The SkyActiv is not available on the 1.6 engine, which is actually a Ford engine (I read this from another thread and info was supplied by Crosswind). I'm not sure why they don't offer the 1.5 SkyActiv but perhaps its Mazda strategy. The thing is Sri Lankan dealers would stick to one version to make it easy for them to stock parts and support the vehicle as the numbers sold through them is relatively low.

Dear Don,

Still my permit is in the pipeline. So Waiting is not a matter I bother.

I called them today and according to them Mazda do not offer skyactiv to Sri Lanka[actually I do not beleive bcos Mazda6 come with skyactiv]. and the vehicle comes with 6 air bags. Only offer Auto transmission.Audio sys is not Bose.No HID,Adaptive head lights. and Climate control AC.

If I import Axela from Japan[though rare in auctions] I can go for Skyactiv1.5 with i stop, climate control and few more bells and whistlesy[mildly used] for about 2 lakhs less.

What I want to know that the risk I am getting by importing a JDM is worth accordinng to your experience?I do mainly concern about the engine and climatecontrol AC.

Please advice. I have to decide in this week.

Thanks.

Dear Don,

I called them today and according to them Mazda do not offer skyactiv to Sri Lanka[actually I do not beleive bcos Mazda6 come with skyactiv]. and the vehicle comes with 6 air bags. Only offer Auto transmission.Audio sys is not Bose.No HID,Adaptive head lights. and Climate control AC.

If I import Axela from Japan[though rare in auctions] I can go for Skyactiv1.5 with i stop, climate control and few more bells and whistlesy[mildly used] for about 2 lakhs less.

What I want to know that the risk I am getting by importing a JDM is worth accordinng to your experience?I do mainly concern about the engine and climatecontrol AC.

Thanks.

The most expert comment here is from iRage above. He says and I concurr that given the option, he would always buy the vehicle from a local main dealer. This is obviously not about money, but more about support and care but also being 100% sure about the cars origins and history.

MAZDA and the local dearships together decide what options are most suitable for a given location. They look at service liabilities and also in this case the permit price brackets so as to make the car available. This is probably why they have opted for the previous generation 1.6L engine rather than the 1.5. SkyActiv. The options are probably lost while trying to make the car fit the permit bracket.

And maybe there are only handful of mechanics that can take care of SkyActiv bells and whistles, like iStop and such. If I were you luckey007, I would certainly buy the car from carma#t or c#l#nial.

OT, I too was searching for a Lancer EX for permit but UM said they are no longer importing Lancer EXes *for permit.* They said I can trade in the permit for their ex-stock car, but there is a difference of about 3-4 lakhs. Wonder why the heck they would stop importing EX under permit :/

Edited by Jor-el

And maybe there are only handful of mechanics that can take care of SkyActiv bells and whistles, like iStop and such. If I were you luckey007, I would certainly buy the car from carma#t or c#l#nial.

OT, I too was searching for a Lancer EX for permit but UM said they are no longer importing Lancer EXes *for permit.* They said I can trade in the permit for their ex-stock car, but there is a difference of about 3-4 lakhs. Wonder why the heck they would stop importing EX under permit :/

Because they probably can't fit it in the permit price braket. Some agents were using underhand tactics to devalue vehicles for permit purposes and then resovering their costs via agent add ons. Probably some jilmart is not possible anymore.

Dear Don,

Thanks.

Although you might not see the Axela on auction you see a quite a few of them for sale in Japan for the local market.Most of them are demo units with the occasional lease returnee or the odd rental car. Usually these cars are either pre-auction cars or post auction stock-ups. You just need to find a dealer who is willing to buy one for you out of auction. Granted these cars might be a bit more expensive than at auction because they usually would come with a additional local warranty/certification and other service options that are relevant for a buyer in Japan (not intending to export it).

as for the risks:

- the importation is no more nor no less riskier than importing any other car. You just need to find yourself a good dealer with a reputation <sorry I don't know any and the ones I know don't like selling to SL>

- As for the engine....others pointed it out as well...make sure that there is some sort of support. If the Mazda 6 sold here has the SkyActiv engine then I guess there would be SOMEONE who knows about maintaining and fixing them at the agents. They might not have parts readily available so you might have to wait a bit on those. <I am speculating here...>

Power wise the 1.5 is an average car with some decent torque and HP (110 / or something); so don't necessarily expect to be the fastest kid around the block. The 6MT does make it fun to drive and the ride has a sporty feel to it. The Hybrid on the other hand has a 2.0 ltr gasoline engine which has 100PS ? <I know don't ask....> with the motor putting out about half of that ? that I remember it having tons of torque :)

As to whether you want and worth to go for a slightly used JDM spec car for its additional accessories and apparent savings on the price as opposed to the brand new local agent one..only you can answer that.

Edited by iRage

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crosswind" data-cid="273092" data-time="1424875599"><p>
<br />
Dear [deleted by moderator], he has a permit. There's no special concession on permits for hybrid vehicles.</p></blockquote>

Stop calling people by names. U [deleted]. Mind your words.

He can sell the permit and go with a hybrid.

The SL hybrid version comes with all the bells and whistles like Bose audio. Lane monitoring. Better interior with leather. Etc etc.. Does a lot better on fuel and the ride is so smooth.

Edited by The Don

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crosswind" data-cid="273092" data-time="1424875599"><p>

<br />

Dear [deleted], he has a permit. There's no special concession on permits for hybrid vehicles.</p></blockquote>

Stop calling people by names. U ass. Mind your words.

He can sell the permit and go with a hybrid.

The SL hybrid version comes with all the bells and whistles like Bose audio. Lane monitoring. Better interior with leather. Etc etc.. Does a lot better on fuel and the ride is so smooth.

[deleted by moderator], which part of "Decided to buy a Mazda3 or Axela for my permit." can't you understand????

Let me repeat in simple english. The guy wants to BUY a car for his permit. Why are you asking him to sell the permit and go for another car????

Intention of permits is to allow government servants to get a vehicle for their transportation. They are not intended to be a side business for brokers to make quick money. So if someone wants to buy a car for his own permit, let him do that...

Edited by The Don
Please refrain from name calling
  • Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crosswind" data-cid="273131" data-time="1424935156"><p>
<br />
[deleted], which part of "Decided to buy a Mazda3 or Axela for my permit." can't you understand????<br />
Let me repeat in simple english. The guy wants to BUY a car for his permit. Why are you asking him to sell the permit and go for another car????<br />
<br />
Intention of permits is to allow government servants to get a vehicle for their transportation. They are not intended to be a side business for brokers to make quick money. So if someone wants to buy a car for his own permit, let him do that...</p></blockquote>

Exactly! he has clearly said he wants to buy a Mazda 3 or Axela for his permit. If he wanted to sell the permit and buy a hybrid, he would have begun his thread like ' how much I would get for my permit ?' or ' does it worth selling a permit to buy a hybrid? '

Edited by The Don
  • Like 1

Negotiated with Carmart to Soul Red [designer color]Mazdz3 Core+ with lip spoiler for 3.7million and confirmed the order.Thanks for your kind contribution to help to make me the choice.Hope to update the thread when I get her.

Congrats ! It would be a nice car...they only offer the lip spoiler ? and not the side skirts and he rear one ?