• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tiida Vs Swift

KingSasanka

Question

Presently I am having Nissan AD wagon (First series English numbers) manufactured in 1999 but registered in Sri Lanka in 2001.

I was thinking of an upgrade (with part exchange) to a hybrid (Honda GP1 or Toyota Aqua) but with the new hybrid tax introduced that I had to scuttle that idea owing to financing issues.

I have looked around and shortlisted Nissan Tiida and Suzuki Swift (around 2008-2010) models are as my likely upgrades.

The experts / veterans idea is sought to know whether my choices are good or are there better options available in the current market place.

I do not want to over stretch my ability to pay and maximum I can guess is not to exceeding 3 million (including the present value of my car).

Thanks in advance.

20 answers to this question

even though these two particular models have not been compared before guess separate threads like this one can be used to get an idea about them,

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/9872-fuel-consumption-of-a-suzuki-swift-2008/

Rely on other sources than this forum as well for general info like space etc. for instance this article tells you that the bootspace for the swift is a bit lacking and i just dug that out by browsing for 5 minutes

To add my 2 cents - I have driven my cousins Tiida several times it's a non-exciting ride but has ample space. It's not uncomfortable at all and It's not ridiculously overpriced.

even though these two particular models have not been compared before guess separate threads like this one can be used to get an idea about them,

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/9872-fuel-consumption-of-a-suzuki-swift-2008/

Rely on other sources than this forum as well for general info like space etc. for instance this article tells you that the bootspace for the swift is a bit lacking and i just dug that out by browsing for 5 minutes

To add my 2 cents - I have driven my cousins Tiida several times it's a non-exciting ride but has ample space. It's not uncomfortable at all and It's not ridiculously overpriced.

Thanks.

I do not do much running except on the E1 and back (visit our farm).

Bit is extra space would be something welcome on my return trip (with little bit of this and little bit of that from the farm).

Driving 1300, I felt, it would be better to have a bit of more power too on E1, most days (boring ride).

Thanks again and awaits others to express their views / opinions too.

Good day to all.

Edited by KingSasanka

for me TIIDA has one ugly a$$...

why don't you look for other options existing out-there. For ex. Lancer CS3.

If you tell the budget, (or search in the forum) there would be more suggestions.

Including the value of my present car ( I was offered 1.5 Million by a broker recently), I am willing to stretch up to 3 million the most.

Thank guys for your inputs.

If you go for a car,

Toyota Allion 240, Nissan Sylphy, Corolla 141, Mazda 3

Since you need to carry stuffs, how about a pick-up ?

Toyota Hilux, Nissan Navara

Navara was in my mind, but high Servicing costs / bigger tyre sizes etc are holding me back.

If I get a Auto Gear Navara (not made in Thailand) for around 3 million, I would be interested.

Thanks again and I will look at the other models that you have suggested above.

if u can extend,

y don't u go for a 2008-9 toyota belta?

its good car with good fuel economy, JDM, cvt, good look, good build quality.

and it's newer than 12-13 years old allion 240

I would prefer well maintained allion 240 than a newer Belta..

• Like 1

if u can extend,

y don't u go for a 2008-9 toyota belta?

its good car with good fuel economy, JDM, cvt, good look, good build quality.

and it's newer than 12-13 years old allion 240

Seriously?

Did you even read the guy's requirments before misleading him?

He clearly says he feels 1300cc is underpowered and he carries stuff from his farm.... does belta solve even one of those problems?

Go play in elakiri without misleading ppl here....

• Like 1

OP, may i suggest the following, considering the fact that you ride mostly on E01, need decent power, decent fuel economy, space and good ride comfort...

1. Peugeot 407 diesel station wagon - nothing can beat a euro on a highway. Got massive space, very powerful and should do at least 15-16 per lire of diesel on E01. Maintenance is not as expensive as you think. Just buzz forum member harshansenadhir. Might cost a little more than 3mill but u can always negotiate with these cars.

2. Mazda axela hatchback/wagon - shouldnt cost u more than 25. If u want to go for a mainstream japanese, its the mazdas that meet all ur requirements. I saw one for sale recently on another classified site.

3. 2007/8 diesel hyundai tucson/kia sportage. I know a few tht changed hands between 2.5-2.8 mill so dont get fooled by the high asking prices. If u have to choose between swift and tiida, its tiida without a doubt. Ther are few tiida hatchbacks which look better than the sedan and serves your purpose well. They are also cheaper than the sedans.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

OP, may i suggest the following, considering the fact that you ride mostly on E01, need decent power, decent fuel economy, space and good ride comfort...

1. Peugeot 407 diesel station wagon - nothing can beat a euro on a highway. Got massive space, very powerful and should do at least 15-16 per lire of diesel on E01. Maintenance is not as expensive as you think. Just buzz forum member harshansenadhir. Might cost a little more than 3mill but u can always negotiate with these cars.

2. Mazda axela hatchback/wagon - shouldnt cost u more than 25. If u want to go for a mainstream japanese, its the mazdas that meet all ur requirements. I saw one for sale recently on another classified site.

3. 2007/8 diesel hyundai tucson/kia sportage. I know a few tht changed hands between 2.5-2.8 mill so dont get fooled by the high asking prices. If u have to choose between swift and tiida, its tiida without a doubt. Ther are few tiida hatchbacks which look better than the sedan and serves your purpose well. They are also cheaper than the sedans.

Thanks. :D

Hope he already bought a car and people don't be such kind of stereotypes. Tiida is not a better looking car but it is affordable, reliable, it has ample leg space and boot and it has luxury features too. Compare to toyota 240 and 121, tiida has the best interior because it has soft touch panels, tri coated seats and wooden panels (not original Teak). 121, 141, axio, 240 and 260 interior feels plasticky and cheap and soft touch thing is missing in majority of toyota cars and even seats are stitched with very cheap quality materiel which is equal to the material that used for viva elite. Unlike N16 and sylphy, Tiida interior never gets cracked even axio dash gets cracked with in a short period of time. Majority of Sri Lankans don't know the advantages of having a global platform car. Tiida is a global sedan which is available more than 180 countries under different names (versa) therefore tiida has all safety certificates with higher rating (jncap,euroncap,latinncap and usncap). Tiida safety package includes ABS+EBD+BA, dual airbags, active headrest, side protection beams and pedestrian protection front body design etc. So there's no any doubt about tiida's safety and no one can named it as an indian made car and some of the safety features which tiida has not available in overrated toyota car. Some people may think tiida is equal to 121, they are totally wrong because 121 has basic efi system and even some 121s equipped with basic power steering. And also many people may consider tiida is a fuel thirst car and my father owns Nissan tiida and he is heavy footed driver and he usually gets 10.5kmpl ( colombo- panadura with 3 passengers). Outstation it does 15kmpl and it is the most preferred car for long trips because of its comfort. 260s never provides sufficient back and lumbar support in long trips. Morever its ground clearance is descent enough for SL roads (tyre siz R15 185/65) unlike 260. Most of the allion & premio owners upgrade their stock tyres to r15 195/65 because 260s ground clearance is not suitable for SL roads and also NZE 260, axio and beltas having serious issues with CVT transmission (https://rayazmuthalif.wordpress.com/2010/09/25/toyota-allion-nze260-detail-review/) but nissan tiida and sylphy models have rocksolid gearbox and reliable engine. Tiida is not like N16 it is not a underpowerd car (allion 1500cc 260 also underpowerd considering weight to power ratio) and also it has an impressive acceleration too. A/C evaporator coil is the bigest issue in nissan tiida and sylphy models. So if you are a family man who wants a safe, affordable, reliable sedan for 2.4 - 3.0mil Nissan tiida is the perfect solution for you.

Edited by dhachamila
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand why people say "If you can stretch" when a OP states the max budget!

OP- Like crosswind suggested the 407/ mazda matches the requirements with ample space and storage.

few on hands experience between Tiida & the 240 -

the allion does about 12-13 in Colombo in traffic and on a heavy foot. I still don't know how it returns that after all these years :)

tiida has the space and a nice elevated driving position and it has space too

• Like 2