• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3/axela 2Nd Generation (Bl) 2009

Goro

Does anyone know the actual fuel consumption (city/outstation) of a Mazda Axela 1.5 2009+ (2nd Gen BL model) ? I found some details about it's fuel economy from this site ,

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=283437

and its quite impressive to see 18.4 km/l (in10∙15 mode) /15.6 km/l (in JC08 mode). Do these numbers deviate from Sri Lankan environment's fuel consumption ?

I've searched through the forum but couldn't find details about this specific model.

And are there any common issues with this car? If someone has experience with this car , please share your thoughts. It's highly appreciated.

Edited by Goro

Let me just say this. Manufacturer quoted figures rarely manifest itself in real life.

A 1.5L auto car will do about 10 at best on a city run and about 12-15 on motorway conditions.

The car is too new to talk about common issues and none have been discussed. Its a good looking car, built on the Ford platform so I expect it to be reasonably reliable (thanks to Jap parts) and nice to drive (thanks to Ford input).

Let me just say this. Manufacturer quoted figures rarely manifest itself in real life.

A 1.5L auto car will do about 10 at best on a city run and about 12-15 on motorway conditions.

The car is too new to talk about common issues and none have been discussed. Its a good looking car, built on the Ford platform so I expect it to be reasonably reliable (thanks to Jap parts) and nice to drive (thanks to Ford input).

great to know it's built on ford platform. thnx for the reply! :)

Does anyone know the actual fuel consumption (city/outstation) of a Mazda Axela 1.5 2009+ (2nd Gen BL model) ? I found some details about it's fuel economy from this site ,

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=283437

and its quite impressive to see 18.4 km/l (in10∙15 mode) /15.6 km/l (in JC08 mode). Do these numbers deviate from Sri Lankan environment's fuel consumption ?

I've searched through the forum but couldn't find details about this specific model.

And are there any common issues with this car? If someone has experience with this car , please share your thoughts. It's highly appreciated.

Friend owns one. Daily runner within Colombo during rush hour . Does 9 KMPL.

I haven't driven it but have travelled in it. Quite comfy.

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

Hi I own a one. Does around 8.5kmpl in Colombo. Superb handling and comfort. Fuel consumption is not a big issues, I recommend this car.

• Like 1

Friend owns one. Daily runner within Colombo during rush hour . Does 9 KMPL.

I haven't driven it but have travelled in it. Quite comfy.

Hi I own a one. Does around 8.5kmpl in Colombo. Superb handling and comfort. Fuel consumption is not a big issues, I recommend this car.

How much does it do when it hits outstation?

How much does it do when it hits outstation?

Still I did not had the opportunity to go out station on it. I bought it about 5 months back.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know how it's fuel consumption in long distance? And I can't decide between this and Civic Hybrid 2009/2010 . As long as Mazda does 14km/l in long distance I'm ok with it's fuel economy. Any ideas?

If you are so picky about the 14kmpl figure, assume that it doesnt do that much. 12 is likely. 14 is unlikely.

If you are so picky about the 14kmpl figure, assume that it doesnt do that much. 12 is likely. 14 is unlikely.

thanks for the assumption. However it would be great if I can get a real number from an actual user of this car. Hope someone will post this.

thanks for the assumption. However it would be great if I can get a real number from an actual user of this car. Hope someone will post this.

I guess that number can vary by huge margins. Just head over to the fuel efficiency thread here. The numbers vary significantly for the same model to the point of ridiculousness. I hope someone would put their actual figures based on data driven observations. But I highly doubt it. Anyway, good luck!

I guess that number can vary by huge margins. Just head over to the fuel efficiency thread here. The numbers vary significantly for the same model to the point of ridiculousness. I hope someone would put their actual figures based on data driven observations. But I highly doubt it. Anyway, good luck!

Seriously that's ridiculous. Some people roughly calculate, which differs a lot from actual fuel economy. :huh:

Edited by Goro

• 3 weeks later...