• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Tida Or Toyota Belta

lahiru_carlover

Question

my budget is around 2.6 million. Finally came down to above two cars. Please advice me what should i go for..

1) Nissan TIDA 2008
2) Toyota Belta 1300cc -2007

My main concern is easy maintenance,comfort, durability and fuel consumption.

Monthly my traveling distance is average1000km.

Experts please let us know your opinion and any other good options around my budget.(i want to buy a bit new car.at least 2006< )

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Well toyota belta is 1.3 L so you know it's underpowered with AC and hilly roads whereas tiida is 1.5 L you won't have to face that.

In the case of fuel consumption belta would do better but also remember due to feeling underpowered drivers tend to heavy acceleration, so might effect the fuel economy. Tiida has descent fuel figures but not good as belta.

Belta has better suspension being a JDM butTiida is comfortable as well.

Looks- quite personal, for me belta looks better than tiida (no offense on Tiida owners)

Tiida has better leg room and head room than belta, but belta has better ground clearance.

Resale value ( if you intend to) belta being a toyota has a better shot

Interior Tiida looks better to me.

By the way you opened another thread with more car suggstions. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT? Hope The Don would connect this to the previous thread.

Edited by sathyajithj99

Well toyota belta is 1.3 L so you know it's underpowered with AC and hilly roads whereas tiida is 1.5 L you won't have to face that.

In the case of fuel consumption belta would do better but also remember due to feeling underpowered drivers tend to heavy acceleration, so might effect the fuel economy. Tiida has descent fuel figures but not good as belta.

Belta has better suspension being a JDM butTiida is comfortable as well.

Looks- quite personal, for me belta looks better than tiida (no offense on Tiida owners)

Tiida has better leg room and head room than belta, but belta has better ground clearance.

Resale value ( if you intend to) belta being a toyota has a better shot

Interior Tiida looks better to me.

By the way you opened another thread with more car suggstions. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT? Hope The Don would connect this to the previous thread.

Tiida Latio is JDM

I have owned a TIIda Latio in the past. Had to spend quite a lot on the suspension parts. The lower arms, steering york, shocks, cross member etc...

The engine itself is mostly trouble free and does good on fuel as well. The interior is one of the best I have owned. Good soundproof, nice and cosy and roomy interior.

I can't comment on the Belta since I haven't owned or driven one but my heart say's go for the Belta.

I have owned a TIIda Latio in the past. Had to spend quite a lot on the suspension parts. The lower arms, steering york, shocks, cross member etc...

The engine itself is mostly trouble free and does good on fuel as well. The interior is one of the best I have owned. Good soundproof, nice and cosy and roomy interior.

I can't comment on the Belta since I haven't owned or driven one but my heart say's go for the Belta.

So you owned a Tiida, liked its interior, liked the trouble free engine and power-train, fuel economy etc yet STILL recommend the Belta which you've never owned or driven>? That's a bit of a strange stance to take is it not?

Edited by Kavvz

Nissan is well know for it's suspension problems in Sri Lanka. As Kavvz pointed out it's may be due to the condition of the roads..But my personal experience is that Toyotas gives less headaches when comparing with Nissan regarding suspensions. Apart from this, the only plus factor on Toyota is the better fuel consumption than Nissan...I like the interior of Tiida and It's handing. But it's exterior looks like an Indian car for me..Just my personal view.

Edited by AbeysinghE

Nissan is well know for it's suspension problems in Sri Lanka. As Kavvz pointed out it's may be due to the condition of the roads..But my personal experience is that Toyotas gives less headaches when comparing with Nissan regarding suspensions. Apart from this, the only plus factor on Toyota is the better fuel consumption than Nissan...I like the interior of Tiida and It's handing. But it's exterior looks like an Indian car for me..Just my personal view.

Yes it does to my eye too. And I don't particularly like the interior either. It does have good headroom and feels spacious (for it's size) but everything feels quite 'cheap'