• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Vezel Is Bad?

sasika

One of my mechanical engineer friend told that 1500cc is not sufficient for the weight of vezel.that is why the engine is underpowered.

Well when the electric motor actually assists it is barely suffcient....the pure gasoline one is pretty much the same as the vehicle weighs less (so I guess what I am trying to say is the power to weight ratio is almost the same for the hybrid and gasoline variants. However, the power to weight ratio is not that impressive).

As for the statement about a 1000cc engine being sufficient...I guess you are being sarcastic :) but then again 1 human can make a Vezel move too...so i guess even 1 human is sufficient as well :sport-smiley-004:

He may be wrong. Cos my mechanic stated that even a 1000cc engine wold suffice.

Your mechanic quite frankly is an idiot.

Usually a vehicle of Vezels side would need a 1.8L engine or above, if using petrol. It uses a 1.5L because of the assist from the electric motor, but when the hybrid battery has lost its charge, and you are completely dependent on the petrol engine, it is going to be a bit breathless.

We are talking about a car which with mod cons weighs over 1 tonne here and that is without any occupants. A 1.5 L engine products about 90-120bhp bhp in standard guise.

Your mechanic quite frankly is an idiot.

Usually a vehicle of Vezels side would need a 1.8L engine or above, if using petrol. It uses a 1.5L because of the assist from the electric motor, but when the hybrid battery has lost its charge, and you are completely dependent on the petrol engine, it is going to be a bit breathless.

We are talking about a car which with mod cons weighs over 1 tonne here and that is without any occupants. A 1.5 L engine products about 90-120bhp bhp in standard guise.

Don Don.... I was just kidding.

Your statement with 1.8L engine is very true. Even a Prius being a car has a 1.8L engine and I'm pretty sure it does better on fuel compared to the Vezzel due to power to weight ratio.

For the record...the Honda HR-V (which is the export model of the Vezel ) was released in Malaysia recently and that apparently comes with a 1800cc engine with a CVT gearbox (I think). However, they didn't mention anything about a Hybrid version of the HR-V (yet)

It uses a 1.5L because of the assist from the electric motor, but when the hybrid battery has lost its charge, and you are completely dependent on the petrol engine, it is going to be a bit breathless.

As far as the hybrid vehicle is concerned, when in pure engine mode power is also diverted to charging the battery right ?

So in that scenario the actual power available to drive the wheels is even lower than the pure gasoline vehicle ?

Edited by B2Spirit

Errr Some panditha people have missed the point here.. I wasn't referring to drivers, but the car itself. And don't judge people the way u do. at least in my case I didnt by it cz it's "jeep" or it's 5 million or any rubbish but I just love the way it looks. So dont think everyone around is dumb. Well I can tell you one thing, none of these Japanese cars can match the fun you get from a german car, but well as I felt, Vezel feels good.. specially in overtaking conditions. again nothing compared to my X1, but still better than the premio I owned and better than anything jdm I owned.And I hate bajajs ;). So I was kind of trying to see why people bash it. So talk to the point like civilised people do
Thanks

Edited by sasika
  • Like 1

@sasika. And you missed the point too ! We are all saying apart from the usual woes of a 1500cc car becoming gutless there is nothing wrong with it except

- differences in personal preferences

- the people owning them (giving it a bad rep)

Back with your acceleration stuff. Seriously dude read up about electricmotors and gasoline engines and study torque/power/'all other' curves that you can get from it.

I drive a Honda FIT Hybrid during the week ends my wife’s car.

What I have noticed is when you drive at a decent speed which sometimes necessitate overtaking so called SUVs (Prado / Montero) and Driver Cars like (BMW/ Audi/ Merc), fun JDMs (Mazda/ Lancer/ Civic) a sudden inferiority complex get in to them and they become very aggressive and try to cut you in.

Sometimes I let them go if I’m with my kids, if I’m in the mood have little fun.

When you have 125 bhp, ample torque at low speeds hurling only about 1200kg coupled with decent dynamics it is not difficult.

So don’t think every hybrid driver is a moron.

• Like 2

Errr Some panditha people have missed the point here.. I wasn't referring to drivers, but the car itself. And don't judge people the way u do. at least in my case I didnt by it cz it's "jeep" or it's 5 million or any rubbish but I just love the way it looks. So dont think everyone around is dumb. Well I can tell you one thing, none of these Japanese cars can match the fun you get from a german car, but well as I felt, Vezel feels good.. specially in overtaking conditions. again nothing compared to my X1, but still better than the premio I owned and better than anything jdm I owned.And I hate bajajs ;). So I was kind of trying to see why people bash it. So talk to the point like civilised people do

Thanks

panna gaman kaapi naya kiwwalu!!!!

I drive a Honda FIT Hybrid during the week ends my wife’s car.

What I have noticed is when you drive at a decent speed which sometimes necessitate overtaking so called SUVs (Prado / Montero) and Driver Cars like (BMW/ Audi/ Merc), fun JDMs (Mazda/ Lancer/ Civic) a sudden inferiority complex get in to them and they become very aggressive and try to cut you in.

Sometimes I let them go if I’m with my kids, if I’m in the mood have little fun.

When you have 125 bhp, ample torque at low speeds hurling only about 1200kg coupled with decent dynamics it is not difficult.

So don’t think every hybrid driver is a moron.

Not every hybrid driver is a moron. Correct.

But a lot of morons are driving Hybrids these days.

And a majority of them are Taxis, making it difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff. Most of these hybrids drivers are either straight off driving a tuktuk or has minimal road etiquette or courtesy to other drivers. Another large percentage became first time drivers of cars in general through the low cost Hybrids they bought due to tax reduction, so again, they are clueless to the way civilized people drive, Example, hogging both lanes, driving with High Beams on dazzling oncoming drivers or sometimes following cars with the H Beam on.

I blame that on our Learner School fraternity, as they are only in it to make a quick buck and don't care to impart important knowledge to the students.

Students also think the moment they can keep the car from stalling and in a straight line, they are f**king Damon Hill.

Even lorry drivers know better.

But sadly most of these Hybrid drivers are clueless morons.... :)

Its a matter of time before you start seeing Vezels as taxis plying the Katu Highway... :)

I refer to the average Hybrid owner as 'New Rich In Debt Godaya m*******r' ... :)

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 5

Not every hybrid driver is a moron. Correct.

But a lot of morons are driving Hybrids these days.

And a majority of them are Taxis, making it difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff. Most of these hybrids drivers are either straight off driving a tuktuk or has minimal road etiquette or courtesy to other drivers. Another large percentage became first time drivers of cars in general through the low cost Hybrids they bought due to tax reduction, so again, they are clueless to the way civilized people drive, Example, hogging both lanes, driving with High Beams on dazzling oncoming drivers or sometimes following cars with the H Beam on.

I blame that on our Learner School fraternity, as they are only in it to make a quick buck and don't care to impart important knowledge to the students.

Students also think the moment they can keep the car from stalling and in a straight line, they are f**king Damon Hill.

Even lorry drivers know better.

But sadly most of these Hybrid drivers are clueless morons.... :)

Its a matter of time before you start seeing Vezels as taxis plying the Katu Highway... :)

I refer to the average Hybrid owner as 'New Rich In Debt Godaya m*******r' ... :)

This is damn true. An IQ test should be imposed before issuing the license specially for tuk tuk drivers.

P.S. but then again its SL. no point... :sad-smiley-067:

I too agree when you say some of the hybrid drivers are clueless. Sometime back I took the highway route to Matara all the way from Malambe and back. The total toll fee was Rs. 1,300. For me the only saving I enjoyed was the travel time for there was no saving in fuel cost, cos I drove the car at 100kmph all the way. But the funny part was I overtook at least three Prius cars in either direction. They were doing around 60-70kmph. They might as well taken the normal route and saved some money out of the toll fee.

I too agree when you say some of the hybrid drivers are clueless. Sometime back I took the highway route to Matara all the way from Malambe and back. The total toll fee was Rs. 1,300. For me the only saving I enjoyed was the travel time for there was no saving in fuel cost, cos I drove the car at 100kmph all the way. But the funny part was I overtook at least three Prius cars in either direction. They were doing around 60-70kmph. They might as well taken the normal route and saved some money out of the toll fee.

Last Friday we were on our way to Matara, around 11am as we approached the Galle Exit, we couldn't believe what we saw, a freaking silver Prius reversing to tak e the exit... He obviously was too busy staring at his fuel gauge and missed the exit... he was near the merge lane way past the exit and was reversing... so what did we do as civic minded citizens? Called 1969 and ratted on him.. ROFL.

I hope they screwed his thel hinganna ass.

• Like 5

If a Vezel owner drives it slow to save fuel, then he'd still be a retard even if he controlled any other vehicle too. Why? Because they are simply driving a vehicle (regardless of the fact its a hybrid) wrong. Most hybrid drivers in SL don't do their research and automatically assume driving slow = saves fuel. From my experience that's not the case. You can save fuel by maintaining a constant RPM at speeds like 160kmph too.

Other than that you can baby the vehicle carefully with slow acceleration etc etc and when you do all these you'd maybe save around rs 500 a week on fuel if you are high mile runner. But is the extra babying up effort really worth it? I dont think it justifies the lost driving pleasure and added burden of fuel economy constantly on your mind to save that Rs. 500. So let that sh1t go and rev hard when in need.

Except for driving slow, other blacklash on this thread I dont think are exclusive to hybrids. For example running with high beams,having zero awareness on road rules, not giving right of way, not driving in a lane and other dickish behavior is common to all vehicles in SL, not just hybrid owners.

And 90% of the folks in SL have the show off mentality, not just Vezel owners. Sadly our society and system still encourages this behavior. Here owning a car is something that shows your status and in most places you'd be judged and respected by what you drive. It's messed up.

But ultimately, I dont think the Vezel is a bad vehicle (im purely speaking based on the reviews ive read - ive never driven one). But we do have a lot of bad drivers and a-holes on the roads, hybrid and non-hybrid both.

+1

Most of the prado, Montero, Defender owners / drivers here thinking that they're VVIP people. They don't care any road rules and behave like a**holes. Keep holding head beams in huge traffic jams asking preference to fly.

• Like 2

I'm not well versed with Toyota synergy drive system but at least in the Hondas, you'd get the same fuel efficiency if you are driving at 60, 80, 100 or 100+kmph speeds as long as you hold the RPM constant. So driving slow to save fuel on the highway is a waste of their and others time and money.

• Like 1

Last Friday we were on our way to Matara, around 11am as we approached the Galle Exit, we couldn't believe what we saw, a freaking silver Prius reversing to tak e the exit... He obviously was too busy staring at his fuel gauge and missed the exit... he was near the merge lane way past the exit and was reversing... so what did we do as civic minded citizens? Called 1969 and ratted on him.. ROFL.

I hope they screwed his thel hinganna ass.

Not to one up, but to be aware of some of these jokers on the road. I was driving from Malabe to Galle on the 6th Feb. Had my parents and wife on board and it was raining quite heavily about 10km before the Kurundugahahathakma exit. I was driving at about 80km/h due to the huge puddles as well as very low visibility.

In comes a white Weasel doing at least 120km/h with those funny V*P lights, overtakes me splashing the windscreen so I could see absolutely nothing. cuts in front and lo and behold, loses traction and brakes hard to avoid the wall on the left. (It was one of those bridges) I had my life flash before me and unfortunately couldn't get a look at the number plate. Would've ratted big time as well.

Not to say that all Vezel owners are bad but when such idiocy is seen, one cannot do but generalise. Same goes for Defenders, tuk tuks, Battas and the lot. I guess we need to beat some common sense into such people and in situations like these, when wronged, I actually don't mind people doing things like brake checking. It's not right and I know most of you won't agree. But it's one of those when in Rome situations.

• Like 1

In comes a white Weasel doing at least 120km/h with those funny V*P lights, overtakes me splashing the windscreen so I could see absolutely nothing. cuts in front and lo and behold, loses traction and brakes hard to avoid the wall on the left. (It was one of those bridges) I had my life flash before me and unfortunately couldn't get a look at the number plate. Would've ratted big time as well.

First time I read it as "I had my WIFE flash before me" ha ha ha...

• Like 8

+1

Most of the prado, Montero, Defender owners / drivers here thinking that they're VVIP people. They don't care any road rules and behave like a**holes. Keep holding head beams in huge traffic jams asking preference to fly.

This is much more problematic than hybrid or vezel owners. prado, montero, defender (specially) A-Holes think that road belongs to them and we are blessed to use their property. if they presence on the road we should be ready to allow them. uuurrrgghh

and wtf VVIP means even. if its president or prime minster, that makes sense.

• Like 2