• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Vezel Is Bad?

sasika

I'm sure vezel owners must be getting a hard on by seeing this but you can't judge the strength of a car just by looking at a toppled vehicle's photo.

True but most of the cars during roll overs crush their roofs won't they? atleast that's what I see on you tube roll over tests, so compared to those videos this vehicle has got a tough roof.

I wonder why the VSA, auto braking and all other so called driver assist could not keep Humpty Vezel from toppling.

It might have done it's best but when it's ur day nothing can stop it :P

True but most of the cars during roll overs crush their roofs won't they? atleast that's what I see on you tube roll over tests, so compared to those videos this vehicle has got a tough roof. It might have done it's best but when it's ur day nothing can stop it :P

No, a vehicles roof should not cave in during a single roll over. In fact the passenger compartment integrity should hold. This is not a feature specific to this vehicle but any of this era and probably since the 1990s. Its not like in the movies you know ;)

Its a different story if a heavy object falls on the roof (like a tree) or it topples multiple times.

From the picture it seems like the vehicle was travelling fast and the owner svered to avoid hitting something or somebody which destabilised the vehicle and caused it to fall on to its side. Don't think it completely rolled over.

No, a vehicles roof should not cave in during a single roll over. In fact the passenger compartment integrity should hold. This is not a feature specific to this vehicle but any of this era and probably since the 1990s. Its not like in the movies you know ;)

Its a different story if a heavy object falls on the roof (like a tree) or it topples multiple times.

From the picture it seems like the vehicle was travelling fast and the owner svered to avoid hitting something or somebody which destabilised the vehicle and caused it to fall on to its side. Don't think it completely rolled over.

Could be true , the sides of the vehicle doesn't seem to have scrapes :)

Could be true , the sides of the vehicle doesn't seem to have scrapes :)

A sign of driver idiocacy rather than a serious incident. I think its a fairly low velocity incident, caused most by stupidity and the high center of gravity of the vehicle.

For the same reason that a hell of a lot more technology couldn't keep that S Class from flying off the road a few years ago, no amount of tech makes you immune to the laws of physics, especially if you are an idiot behind the wheel.

I fact a Merc brochure for the SL class I read some time ago had in their disclaimer just that. THat the cars are designed with the latest technology to prevent all possible situations, yet cannot over come laws of physics nor dangerous and neglectful driving practices.

A sign of driver idiocacy rather than a serious incident. I think its a fairly low velocity incident, caused most by stupidity and the high center of gravity of the vehicle.

These two are classic indications of a Three Wheeler maneuver gone wrong... making me think thee two drivers for ex-Tuk drovers. Those asshats topple their vesak koodu's by doing that quick vettu sometimes. Seen it happen so many times.

Anyone seeing any good points here? Strong Roof as killercruize suggested and door was opening.. We don't know the strength of the impact though.. And rolling over isn't rare in here thanks to lawful three wheelers and Busses

Oh! So now you put the blame on busses and Tuk 's?

Aiyo Peri, who approved these new accounts?

Saw in Elak*** site

11021056_947464415287819_146876914834492

I am not a Vezel Fan. But without knowing how the accident happened, blaming Vezel is not a correct thing, in my point of view.

Best example is, in 1993, Singer Aathma Liyanage was met with an accident (in Kalutara North) very close to my residence.

His Toyota Townace van collide with a new Isuzu ELF lorry. Townace Van face was damaged (not very heavy damage) at steering column area.

I was surprised to see that ElF lorry was on the road without both front wheels . Might be the angle of collision was the reason.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 2

Wrong steering input after crash? I believe it's essential to acknowledge drivers on driver inputs in emergency situations...

Wrong steering input after crash? I believe it's essential to acknowledge drivers on driver inputs in emergency situations...

Wrong steering before the crash. Thats the only way you can topple car if you weren't shoved and there wasn't anything on the road to put you off balance. Can happen very easily. When you sit high up, you need to be more careful as those cars are not as stable as flatter cars which sit very close to the ground (low center of gravity).

Wrong steering before the crash. Thats the only way you can topple car if you weren't shoved and there wasn't anything on the road to put you off balance. Can happen very easily. When you sit high up, you need to be more careful as those cars are not as stable as flatter cars which sit very close to the ground (low center of gravity).

Yeap, Don's right on the money again.

SUV's, Crossover's and mini-crossover types all inherently have a higher centre of gravity due to their large gold colour badges higher ground clearance and softer plump suspension. Vesi's which have slender long le../ shorter wheel bases are probably even more prone to upsets due to err...'wrong steering inputs' ;)

Disclaimer: My daily driver is a sedan, but I do rent a lot, and while I tend to avoid small SUV's and crossovers I do get them on occasion. My input above is based on what is somewhat regretfully, my limited (rental) experience with small wine red colour hoda honda SUV's with the above mentioned perky high ground clearance.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="peugeot407" data-cid="274221" data-time="1426218659"><p>

Just for curiosity isn't vezels equipped with ESP?</p></blockquote>

They are.. I think the car ran over the front wheel of the Tuk tuk lifting its wheels up and a hard right steering input might have made it topple over.. High C.G might have helped too. My thought after seeing the damage to the front of the Tuk tuk..

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="peugeot407" data-cid="274221" data-time="1426218659"><p>

They are.. I think the car ran over the front wheel of the Tuk tuk lifting its wheels up and a hard right steering input might have made it topple over.. High C.G might have helped too. My thought after seeing the damage to the front of the Tuk tuk..

What kind of position is that? Haven't heard before. :sport-smiley-004: Maybe not from Ka*a Sutra. :sad-smiley-066: Any ideas Kavvz?

• Like 1

topple over is a second issue, I wonder how he ran over tuk tuk's front wheel :sad-smiley-058::sad-smiley-058::sad-smiley-058:

They were 69-ing, things got heated, one thing lead to another and well, there you go: Stuff happened...

[Actually the vesi didn't do the anything to the front wheel. It looks like the joints in the steering mechanism / steering structure collapsed due to the impact (they are supposed to collapse and absorb some of the shock in a crash, well at least that's how its designed in cars) and fell to the side].

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 2

hmmm... problems with Vezel:

Apart from being driven mostly by incompetent drivers who cant;

• dip the headlights when there is oncoming traffic
  • drive without hogging the lane
  • require the space of a truck to overtake or pass another vehicle in a narrow road

its a pretty decent vehicle tad underpowered to be run by a 1.5L engine (in my opinion).

• Like 1

• require the space of a truck to overtake or pass another vehicle in a narrow road

its a pretty decent vehicle tad underpowered to be run by a 1.5L engine (in my opinion).

Damn true. specially the headlight thing and taking space of a 18 wheel truck to overtake a maruti.

And most of these new vezels have damages mostly in rear and front bumpers. this is like wandurata deli pihiya hambuna wage...lollzzz

• Like 1

That's not fair 'isam'. The above incompetencies could be true for any driver regardless of whether they drive a vesi vesel or not ! I'm not a huge fan of the vesel myself, as I find it a bit too small and cramped, but that just my own personal presence. Besides, I've heard that sometime a tight snug fit is preferable....

Edited by Kavvz

Damn true. specially the headlight thing and taking space of a 18 wheel truck to overtake a maruti.

And most of these new vezels have damages mostly in rear and front bumpers. this is like wandurata deli pihiya hambuna wage...lollzzz

Vesi's have damage to the rear bumpers? Oh well, we all know how THAT happens! (Read the *snug fit* comment above for more insight.)

Very sporting of the vesi to allow that kind of action really, very commendable :appl:

That's not fair 'isam'. The above incompetencies could be true for any driver regardless of whether they drive a vesi vesel or not ! I'm not a huge fan of the vesel myself, as I find it a bit too small and cramped, but that just my own personal presence. Besides, I've heard that sometime a tight snug fit is preferable....

You mean the interior? (not referring to the "funny" part in almost all your posts"

You mean the interior? (not referring to the "funny" part in almost all your posts"

Nothing funny about it all, I'm dead serious. Some peeps like it *snug* and a whole industry exists around offering enhancements / tightening to fill the need. Interested? I can hook you up with a contact at L*nka Hospit*ls if you want...

As for the vesel vesi, yeah man its tiny. I'm not a fan of small crossovers at all, and the vesi is smaller than most. I just don't see the point: I like having a third row and a bit of junk in the trunk space in the trunk for the occasional building supply run or for when I need to cart around the whole freak show family at once.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

What kind of position is that? Haven't heard before. :sport-smiley-004: Maybe not from Ka*a Sutra. :sad-smiley-066: Any ideas Kavvz?

Hmmm...intriguing. One side lifted up you say? And one needs to make a *hard* steering input to the rightish side to make it all happen?And all this from the front side too? Interesting, must have been a pretty athletic vesi. But then these white vesi are pretty advanced...

• Like 1