• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Vezel Is Bad?

sasika

this is interesting. actually what happen if gas run out ? does anybody experience it ?

Why on earth would you run till you are out of gas? You can kill an engine or the fuel pump with that little trick...

Are times that bad for Vezel/Hybrid drivers that they run till they are bone dry?

• Like 1

Why on earth would you run till you are out of gas? You can kill an engine or the fuel pump with that little trick...

Are times that bad for Vezel/Hybrid drivers that they run till they are bone dry?

Agreed. Even with a hoda vesi honda vezel one should never bone drive till dry, one should always have a least 25% left in the tank.

Just because its a hoda vesi honda vezel one shouldn't throw all sense and sensibility out the window. Even if it IS one that is wine red and has a nice pair of gold colour badges.

Edited by Kavvz

Looks like kavvz is very experienced in handling hoda ves...s. :D

Hoda vesi's Honda Vezel's You mean? Don't be afraid to name it. Its not like it was something that was driven by the former royal family that must not be named! Or Even the DG of the N*tion*l S*curity M*dia C*nt*r for that matter!!

And yes as mentioned I'm looking for a nice wine red one with a nice pair of gold colour badges. I usually drive a Nissan but hey, a hoda vesi honda vezel is a hoda vesi honda vezel and I'm as game as anyone!!

• Like 1

So I encountered a sad thing last night.

Was out at Russel Peters show and since parking was an issue took a cab to and from the venue. The return trip when i Called for a cab, a white Vezel pulls in front of me and asks if I asked for a cab. I thought it was a joke and then realized it was bloody serious.

Seems like the guy bought the Vezel recently and his salary does not cover the 'pinance', so after work in the evening he runs the Vezel to make some extra bucks.

The hire was 540... I gave the bugger 600... sad. :( So yes, someone's worst fears have come true that they are indeed running Vezels as taxis.

Are you serious? :o

Are you serious? :o

Extremely. will not say where the guy worked because I was shocked to hear of his employer and his day job. Lets just say it is one of the big boys in the corporates in LK... with recent massive IPOs.

I knew that I was not with a normal cab driver when I noticed his attire. He was for all intents and purposes, could have been driving home after work. But with a cab meter inside.

But I must add here that I am not being judgmental about people 's choices. But it begs the question why people get in to debt that they can hardly service to keep up appearances.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 6

he he just asked outta curiosity. did not expect anybody to experiment it. :sad-smiley-066:

Searched on web. some claimed their car just stopped and some said they run about a half mile with the battery.

Was out at Russel Peters show and since parking was an issue took a cab to and from the venue. The return trip when i Called for a cab, a white Vezel pulls in front of me and asks if I asked for a cab. I thought it was a joke and then realized it was bloody serious.

Seems like the guy bought the Vezel recently and his salary does not cover the 'pinance', so after work in the evening he runs the Vezel to make some extra bucks.

The hire was 540... I gave the bugger 600... sad. :( So yes, someone's worst fears have come true that they are indeed running Vezels as taxis.

yeah, there is a cab service who uses Vezels, (shared the link somewhere). may be that guy is connected to them. :sport-smiley-004:

one of my good friend bought a hybrid to deploy in a cab service (he faced to a big trouble and may be I'll share it with his permission. that might be a good lesson). the point is, some people do that as a business. If the guy is driving it by himself as a part time job, may be to cover the finance that's pathetic.

Extremely. will not say where the guy worked because I was shocked to hear of his employer and his day job. Lets just say it is one of the big boys in the corporates in LK... with recent massive IPOs.

I knew that I was not with a normal cab driver when I noticed his attire. He was for all intents and purposes, could have been driving home after work. But with a cab meter inside.

But I must add here that I am not being judgmental about people 's choices. But it begs the question why people get in to debt that they can hardly service to keep up appearances.

OMG. See what running after a vesi vezzel did to that man? What a waste of a young life...Okay, jokes aside, that's nuts. The dude is bonkers, because really why not just live within his means?

• Like 2

Ok I have a different question. How in the planet did you manage to get a cab for a shortish journey. And considering where you live how did the fare come to 540? Do they charge extra for Vezels?

VVTi in SL people do care about "appearences" and its sadly part of our culture. People play up to the metaphorical cameras a lot. Plenty have one face in public and another in private. Vehicles are also considered trophies, rather than mere tools to aid us in transportation.

These stereotypes is not just Sri Lankan. I notice most families of a certain generation from Indian origin in the UK will only buy Mercedes Benz.

So why are you......... surprised?

While it might be a little sad, I applaud him for the effort! I know plenty who engage in side business or have second jobs to supplement their income.

Edited by The Don

Ok I have a different question. How in the planet did you manage to get a cab for a shortish journey. And considering where you live how did the fare come to 540? Do they charge extra for Vezels?

VVTi in SL people do care about "appearences" and its sadly part of our culture. People play up to the metaphorical cameras a lot. Plenty have one face in public and another in private. Vehicles are also considered trophies, rather than mere tools to aid us in transportation.

These stereotypes is not just Sri Lankan. I notice most families of a certain generation from Indian origin in the UK will only buy Mercedes Benz.

While it might be a little sad, I applaud him for the effort! I know plenty who engage in side business or have second jobs to supplement their income.

There was a complicated route to drop a few people off... :) We went around in circles a bit.

Yes, while I understand and do have engaged in a secondary job myself to make ends meet, once upon a time in a far off land, the fact of the matter is, it's a choice people make... and people can make a wiser choice than paying through your nose for a minor luxury.

I am surprised coz i know people who do multiple jobs to pay off education or supplement a low income family... but to pay off a car? Really?

But then, like I said, who am I to judge.

What do I know, I drive a cheap 800,000 rupee car... :)

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 3

Oh dear It's became a taxi within no time..did you noticed whether it's gold badge Z grade one?

some of my office colleagues took loans up to maximum stretch just to buy a car. I asked why ?

"poddak penumata thiyenna onane ..."

buying the first car, which is 3+ Mil ? seriously ? most of them just started their career. not stable, a lot of things coming up ahead.

Then again why do I bother. Its their money, they are not kids, can make decisions. who am I to judge.

Just forget it and drive my little car happily. :smilie_liebe9:

• Like 4

One of my neighbors got down a vezel few months back. Last weekend I saw a crew crab parked near his house and one guy was ringing the bell. Although the “Vezel” was parked inside, nobody came out to meet the guests. I just went to have look. The cab was from the water board. I asked the guy what’s up and apparently my friendly neighbor who now owns a “Vezel” haven’t paid his water bills in months and they have come to cut off the water lines. So, this is the sad situation of some of these guys who ride highly in their so called driving machines. I just felt so glad and secured with my 15 year old car. It may not impress the neighborhood but I’m not in debt up to my balls for owning it. So, I’m not surprised about VVTI’s experience at all.

• Like 2

some of my office colleagues took loans up to maximum stretch just to buy a car. I asked why ?

"poddak penumata thiyenna onane ..."

buying the first car, which is 3+ Mil ? seriously ? most of them just started their career. not stable, a lot of things coming up ahead.

Then again why do I bother. Its their money, they are not kids, can make decisions. who am I to judge.

Just forget it and drive my little car happily. :smilie_liebe9:

This is how the 2008 mortgage crisis in the US started too.... free availability of credit to buy things people can't afford... :)

Part of the problem seems to be this notion that spending more money on a new car will pay off handsomely as older cars will result in high maintenance repairs etc and newer cars will not.

As we know this is utter rubbish, subject to getting a car in decent nick. But this seems to have prompted this unnecessary over exertion in terms of funding for cars. Also the easy availability of credit hasn't helped. I think due to slow depreciation, finance companies are not afraid to lend on cars as they are unlikely to lose money. Some even make you use other assets you have as collatarel. Its a worrying trend as you say. At some point that roll will come crashing down.

But then thats how the SL economy was run for the last decade too, and we are still sort of rolling.... so you can't blame the citizens if they get a false sense of security.

I have up to now resisted the temptation to obtain credit to buy motor vehicles......

Edited by The Don

This is how the 2008 mortgage crisis in the US started too.... free availability of credit to buy things people can't afford... :)

I have been shopping around for home electronics and stuff the last few months and the offers they have for on credit buyers are shocking ! 25-30% off and with 0% interest for the first year or first few payments !

I could barely get half of that discount for out-right cash purchases ! Even to get that I had to negotiate with managers and even go to the extent of doing simple mathematics to show that THEY..THE STORE...would make more money off of me on cash than the credit offers they extended just so that they.

One of my neighbors got down a vezel few months back. Last weekend I saw a crew crab parked near his house and one guy was ringing the bell. Although the “Vezel” was parked inside, nobody came out to meet the guests. I just went to have look. The cab was from the water board. I asked the guy what’s up and apparently my friendly neighbor who now owns a “Vezel” haven’t paid his water bills in months and they have come to cut off the water lines. So, this is the sad situation of some of these guys who ride highly in their so called driving machines. I just felt so glad and secured with my 15 year old car. It may not impress the neighborhood but I’m not in debt up to my balls for owning it. So, I’m not surprised about VVTI’s experience at all.

Yeah..100% agree with you...My next door neighbors husband and wife both are doctors..and both have permits..still they use a Vitz and a Passo...the doctor told me that he has a housing loan to repay and not preferred to go for a better car...and the funny part is, there is a private finance company junior executive who bought a Sorento and struggling to complete his house...He is keeping the so called SUV outside as his car port not yet planned...It's so odd that a SUV worth 6 million suffering outside without a shelter. I don't know what's wrong with people here..

• Like 3

Yeah..100% agree with you...My next door neighbors husband and wife both are doctors..and both have permits..still they use a Vitz and a Passo...the doctor told me that he has a housing loan to repay and not preferred to go for a better car...and the funny part is, there is a private finance company junior executive who bought a Sorento and struggling to complete his house...He is keeping the so called SUV outside as his car port not yet planned...It's so odd that a SUV worth 6 million suffering outside without a shelter. I don't know what's wrong with people here..

Man you should read some comments by the hybrid dream losers in FB last week. It's so pathetic as to how they boldly say that they have used their life savings as the down payment & arranged a deadline lease to order a hybrid. After taxes went up they cry saying they are poor & helpless. I mean what idiot will take such a risk with the personal life savings. To my point of view, anyone who dumps more than 40% of his monthly income on a vehicle is nothing but a Buckass idiot. These are negative outcomes of conspicuous consumption, which means buying to impress others & not because you want.

In my opinion both are extreme limits. :) enjoy while u can but don't bankru yourself while doing so :)

The Hybrid gang that is now crying sounds a lot like the Golden Key gang.... invest in something dubious and expect the country and the tax payer to bail them out.

Had I been the Finance Minister, I wouldn't have given them even an audience.

• Like 3

May be out of Topic but I cant understand the issue with the Vezel Taxi's. Where I currently live the basic cabs are Mercs, Renault and since of late the Prius (7 seater).

Ah! But you live in Luxuriously in Luxembourg no? There all the cars are of a nice wine red colour and all have nice gold badges no?

Okay I don't want to take this too far off topic ( after all we are discussing the all important hoda vesi honda vesi vezel here...) but one quick question:

How on earth do the cabbies you speak of, afford spare parts for the Merc's they drive / run? I understand where you live is geographically close to the domestic market of the said brand, but still. I mean, Mercedes spare parts probably still command a premium price when compared to Renaults, VW's and Peugeots right? And the build quality can't be that far off from a good Renault, VW or Peugeot. So why not stick to running those as cabs instead of Merc's?

Edited by Kavvz