• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Vezel Is Bad?

sasika

The MAIN problem with the Vezel is the entity that places it self between the driver's seat and the steering wheel. These entities have a tendency to:

1. Think they are super duper on the road and that they are driving a sports car or a go anywhere off roader

2. Hog lanes driving real slow save the planet of naughty naughty exaust gases

3. Sit around talk about how amazing their weasels are

4. Open threads on auto forums to justify their purchase and seek validation of/for their purchase.

Apart from that it is a well put together little 1500cc car that would do everything any other 1500cc car would do (though with a heavier body it feels under powered even against its brother the Fit and suffocates when under load as any 1500cc car would). Also it gives u an AWD system that will help u with snow and rain but nothing much else.

Now about your acceleration claim and your belief that acceleration = power. I get smoked by little 660cc engined kei cars off the mark at traffic lights and I am driving a 1600cc 160+hp car. Sure they smoke me only for a few seconds....but they do. Also look in to how electric motors vs. Gasoline motors work. That might make you realise why and when your Hybrid motor would pull u off the mark faster than an ICE car.

most vezzels in sri lanka are not even AWD .

I have personally witnessed how so powerful vezzels struggles when it comes to above 80kmph speeds.

Wow... good hand job technique there... :)
For some people jynx maze is quite the hottie, for some people her titties are too small, some people doesnt even know who she is.

Purely personal opinions and different tastes.

Just call it a day people, and go fap to your choice.

Peace out, posse.

lol made my day :sport-smiley-004:

1. The problem with the Vezel as a vehicle is not within my expertise to comment on, but the people who drive them are really a class of their own. They seem to think that they are very special especially the vezels with the gold plated Honda sign. They look at you as if "My Vezel is better than all the others as 50 cent has personally fu**ed it". I do not know whether the feeling is mutual.

2. OP starts the thread to have a conversation as to why Vezels are bad when he owns one. If the thread was started before the purchase one could understand. I do not know whether the OP is having second thoughts and he wants some backing up from the members to fortify his thought which he seems to hold very dearly that the Vezel is the best.

3. If you are satisfied with your vehicle why do you care? It is a subjective decision. The whole world might say that the particular vehicle is the worst on the face of the earth, but if you are happy with it then why do you care what other people think especially on the backdrop that OP's Vezel seems to be doing fine.

• Like 3

What Wikipedia says is somewhat different.

"The Honda Vezel is a subcompact crossover manufactured by Honda".

What subcompact crossover means is this.

Mini SUV (also called subcompact SUV or subcompact crossover) is a class of small sport utility vehicles with a length under and around 4,200 mm (165.4 in).

Anyway, If the tax for hybrid did not increase, im sure " No of tuk tuk = Honda Vezel"

something not related to the topic. I suggest we should have a dedicated section for all Hybrids.

Damn true man! If taxes are constant for the next 5 years, Bajaj + TVS tuk tuk's < Honda Vezel

• Like 1

1. The problem with the Vezel as a vehicle is not within my expertise to comment on, but the people who drive them are really a class of their own. They seem to think that they are very special especially the vezels with the gold plated Honda sign. They look at you as if "My Vezel is better than all the others as 50 cent has personally fu**ed it". I do not know whether the feeling is mutual.

2. OP starts the thread to have a conversation as to why Vezels are bad when he owns one. If the thread was started before the purchase one could understand. I do not know whether the OP is having second thoughts and he wants some backing up from the members to fortify his thought which he seems to hold very dearly that the Vezel is the best.

3. If you are satisfied with your vehicle why do you care? It is a subjective decision. The whole world might say that the particular vehicle is the worst on the face of the earth, but if you are happy with it then why do you care what other people think especially on the backdrop that OP's Vezel seems to be doing fine.

Man! You got the balls to speak. True after buying it what the f**k should you care. May be he wants the consent that its a fantabulous so called SUV

I was worried it would get common as prius but luckily tax got increased xD.

Huh!!! you are happy the tax went up so the number of Vezels been imported in the future will be less and not too many people will be able to afford it?????????

I was going to make a post saying maybe we should tone down the hybrid bashing as we may come across a little immature (like our elakiri brothers lol) specially since we pride ourselves as the premier Automoble forum etc.. But then when you hear things as comical as the one above it made me realize what an idiot I've been for thinking we are the immature bunch.

The irony is, this joker bought his Vezel under the low duty structure and now he don't want anyone to get one under he same low cost.

Jeremy Clarkson explains why the Porsche 928 was so dear to him in the Top Gear Patagonia Special. The car didn't give him trouble when he had a few hours to go visit his dying father. I personally don't think the 928 is the best car, but for him... it's something very special.

If you love a car for personal reasons or the history you have had with it, then others' opinions shouldn't matter.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 4

I don't know why Vezel is bad, but I know this.. For our people ultimate vehicle to show off their wealth/status/ego or what ever the f**k they have in their minds over others is to buy themself a jeep. Jeep in the scenes is not the one made by GM but all others that has its shape and categorized as SUVs falls in to this lot. namey Prado, Montero & etc... While all mudalalies,kuddas & other people who earns millions per month could afford those so called jeeps and their 3 kmpl figures our PROFFECIONALS never had a proper vehicle which falls in to the above jeep category that does 20kmpl and could buy @ 4million until now.. So as soon as weysal hit the market they didn't think twice to pawn their nut sack, borrow up to the last cent they could borrow and withdraw all the money saved for their childs education to buy this status symbol of a JEEP! Sadly, how life f**ks you is a marvel, now every Tom dick and Harry drives a weysal.... How you could be so special when they out number 3wheels during rush hour. So now they wonder, what the f**kery f**k did I do... Is weysal bad? How could every f****r on the road could buy a one.. Where the f**k is 20kmpl? Should I drive in "N" gear to achieve it.. Their mindset is so low now they are wishing high taxes on hybrids makes weysal less affordable and due to this no one else will buy these Jeeps anymore thus making them special... So is Vezel so bad????

hey chill down... thats their business. who cares. that's their money.

there is a thing called, " my car, my patrol, gas udin giyath ekai gal udin giyath ekai"

Only worry is bugger bought a vezel and now rubbing the a** everywhere asking "why vezel is bad". just let it go. he will find an answer by himself. even if he couldn't why the heck we worry.

As it happens I'm having to drive at night a lot these days. What I noticed is that Most Weasel owners don't even bother to dim their headlights. They have a very distinct light dispense pattern and you can see a Weasel a mile away. Bloody annoying to say the least, especially when the Weasel headlights are at your eye level.

• Like 3

As it happens I'm having to drive at night a lot these days. What I noticed is that Most Weasel owners don't even bother to dim their headlights. They have a very distinct light dispense pattern and you can see a Weasel a mile away. Bloody annoying to say the least, especially when the Weasel headlights are at your eye level.

Don't be harsh on them. Most of them upgraded from their Bajajs, TVSs and D*MO battas. Those vehicles always ran with the high beam

• Like 3

I also don't know if and why the Vezel is bad. But there are times that I wonder whether Crosswind's (rather sarcastic) post above is true - i.e. whether the Vezel owner/driver in front of me upgraded from a Bajaj or a scooter - ambling along at 20kmh on a 50 zone, straddling two lanes and never bothering to use their indicators.

I know I'm over generalizing but you see - we've had this problem at a greater magnitude since hybrids invaded the road with drivers who insisted on sticking to the right lane at 30-40 kmh, never accelerating to fill a gap in traffic (thus exacerbating the gridlock in many ways than one) and so on and so forth ...

With the Vezel, instead of an inconsiderate in a small car, you have an inconsiderate in a large car, which makes everything worse for the people just trying to get from A to B in a decent time.

So, I think the problem is not with the cars - the stigma emanates from the drivers/owners and the driving.

With the dramatic increase in the number of vehicles in the road over the last few years (with a 10% sudden increase on road usage since fuel prices were slashed, if you were to believe the web reports), this is a real problem requiring real attention from those handling policy and policing.

• Like 1

I also don't know if and why the Vezel is bad. But there are times that I wonder whether Crosswind's (rather sarcastic) post above is true - i.e. whether the Vezel owner/driver in front of me upgraded from a Bajaj or a scooter - ambling along at 20kmh on a 50 zone, straddling two lanes and never bothering to use their indicators.

I know I'm over generalizing but you see - we've had this problem at a greater magnitude since hybrids invaded the road with drivers who insisted on sticking to the right lane at 30-40 kmh, never accelerating to fill a gap in traffic (thus exacerbating the gridlock in many ways than one) and so on and so forth ...

With the Vezel, instead of an inconsiderate in a small car, you have an inconsiderate in a large car, which makes everything worse for the people just trying to get from A to B in a decent time.

So, I think the problem is not with the cars - the stigma emanates from the drivers/owners and the driving.

With the dramatic increase in the number of vehicles in the road over the last few years (with a 10% sudden increase on road usage since fuel prices were slashed, if you were to believe the web reports), this is a real problem requiring real attention from those handling policy and policing.

Totally agree with you on the stigma factor associated with the general hybrid driving community. (I know there are some exceptions whose buying decisions had a lot to do with good sense, instead of the general hype.)

The sense of entitlement with the hybrid owners is way too damn high. I'm sure all of us know of at least a dozen examples of bad road habits where hybrid drivers are to be blamed leading most of us to have some form of animosity about hybrids. Stemming from that, what you said about generalisation of hybrid drivers is a common understanding between most drivers I reckon.

I guess common sense needs to prevail despite what you drive. But unfortunately, common sense seems to be one heck of a rare commodity these days.

Totally agree with you on the stigma factor associated with the general hybrid driving community. (I know there are some exceptions whose buying decisions had a lot to do with good sense, instead of the general hype.)

The sense of entitlement with the hybrid owners is way too damn high. I'm sure all of us know of at least a dozen examples of bad road habits where hybrid drivers are to be blamed leading most of us to have some form of animosity about hybrids. Stemming from that, what you said about generalisation of hybrid drivers is a common understanding between most drivers I reckon.

I guess common sense needs to prevail despite what you drive. But unfortunately, common sense seems to be one heck of a rare commodity these days.

100% agree with you..I drove a Vezel yesterday and it was the first time had a long ride with it..though I had test driven it few months back..here what I felt.

01.Harsh ride. Didn't feel comfortable for it's category.

02.Sound insulation.

03.Slower pickup and felt very under powered when climbing uphill.

04.Not so smooth in handing when doing bends.

Overall It's good for general day to day use...but not to have a feeling of a so called SUV :speechless-smiley-004:

the issue is wanting maruti like (or better) fuel figures and Defender like road presence. What ends up happening is the driver slow drivers keeping thier eyes glued to the dash driving like a**holes without any consideration for other road users.

I'm sure not everyone is like that that. When used as what it is with a little bit of sense, I think it's great vehicle to own.

• Like 1

Don't be harsh on them. Most of them upgraded from their Bajajs, TVSs and D*MO battas. Those vehicles always ran with the high beam

Man you got the balls to speak out the bloody truth. Along with the headlights, take some time to look at their faces which says;

"Damn proud to drive a vezel, the ultimate driving machine"

If a Vezel owner drives it slow to save fuel, then he'd still be a retard even if he controlled any other vehicle too. Why? Because they are simply driving a vehicle (regardless of the fact its a hybrid) wrong. Most hybrid drivers in SL don't do their research and automatically assume driving slow = saves fuel. From my experience that's not the case. You can save fuel by maintaining a constant RPM at speeds like 160kmph too.

Other than that you can baby the vehicle carefully with slow acceleration etc etc and when you do all these you'd maybe save around rs 500 a week on fuel if you are high mile runner. But is the extra babying up effort really worth it? I dont think it justifies the lost driving pleasure and added burden of fuel economy constantly on your mind to save that Rs. 500. So let that sh1t go and rev hard when in need.

Except for driving slow, other blacklash on this thread I dont think are exclusive to hybrids. For example running with high beams,having zero awareness on road rules, not giving right of way, not driving in a lane and other dickish behavior is common to all vehicles in SL, not just hybrid owners.

And 90% of the folks in SL have the show off mentality, not just Vezel owners. Sadly our society and system still encourages this behavior. Here owning a car is something that shows your status and in most places you'd be judged and respected by what you drive. It's messed up.

But ultimately, I dont think the Vezel is a bad vehicle (im purely speaking based on the reviews ive read - ive never driven one). But we do have a lot of bad drivers and a-holes on the roads, hybrid and non-hybrid both.

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 4

Hi,

I saw so much hate speech towards hybrids. But in the case of vezel, I could not find anything wrong with it. Can anyone tell what's wrong with is? It has civil like acceleration (Eco off) and more power than any mid range JDM vehicles, loads of options that actually work ( auto breaks and cruise control) and does very well con fuel.. Oh forgot to mention good suspension and handling.

Thanks

So you are another looser who got carried away when you heard a brand new 'SUV' for 5 Mil? And later found the price is this low due to low tax imposed on 1500cc engines?

• Like 1