• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Axia

gayantha789

Check at that famous free advertising site, !km£n. There are wagon R s advertised for 27. Its a 660CC hybrid no? Whats the tax for hybrids under 1000cc?

that's interesting...does the below 1000 cc reduction apply for hybrids too ? First time i heard of this car..

Gayantha789 do you work for Unimo by any chance? This is slowly starting to sound like an advert :)

Axia could not have got a 5 start rating anyway even with a ESC. For a car that small without side airbags, you don't get protection on side impact.

Perodua has collected 82,000 bookings for the Axia up to February 6, as demand for Malaysia’s most affordable car hits the roof. Order books for the Axia opened on August 15, 2014, which means that the whopping number was achieved in less than six months.

Its a pity they will take about a year to fulfil such an order book :)

How ever it launches in SL first week of March.

Well Perouda has probably given Unimo a few demonstrators to launch the car in SL. That does not mean they will have lots of cars ex stock for sale. Unimo did sell some Viva Elite manuals once on ex stock basis, but most of the time their poilcy has been to place the order and let the customer wait for delivery.

• 2 months later...

any update of launching Axia in SL ? I heard prize is 2.6. But not sure which Axia grade it is.

There was a news i heard it will launch in June and still unimo doing prize calculation.

I'm using Viva elite now and Viva is certantly better than indian cars. So I belive Axia may be even better and have more demand in SL

any update of launching Axia in SL ? I heard prize is 2.6. But not sure which Axia grade it is.

There was a news i heard it will launch in June and still unimo doing prize calculation.

I'm using Viva elite now and Viva is certantly better than indian cars. So I belive Axia may be even better and have more demand in SL

friend of mine inquired from unimo last week or so - they haven't brought any over so there's not even a unit for a test drive according to them. price will roughly be 2.6mill and according to them it will be at least 3 months till it will go on sale.

• 4 weeks later...

These guys know how to launch a car at the worst possible time. Unless this car costs 2.0 million or less, I really doubt if it will have a market

For 2.5 million range, people have the WagonR Hybrid to go for

For 2.2-2.4 million range, the Daihatsu Mira hybrid is coming up

and for people who are not bothered about fuel efficiency, there's a plethora of used luxo barges for 2.0 mill range.

• Like 2

These guys know how to launch a car at the worst possible time. Unless this car costs 2.0 million or less, I really doubt if it will have a market

For 2.5 million range, people have the WagonR Hybrid to go for

For 2.2-2.4 million range, the Daihatsu Mira hybrid is coming up

and for people who are not bothered about fuel efficiency, there's a plethora of used luxo barges for 2.0 mill range.

You forget how many people would rather have a brand new car from the agent with an agent warranty. Also, all those thousands of Viva owners who will be looking to upgrade and can do so, because their cars have held onto some value and thanks to the magic of low interest rates at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi

Someone known to bought a brand new Axia this month but its doing just 10 kmpl in Colombo,its an automatic tranny

Pls can someone share their experience as i feel its way too low for a 1000cc car

Unimo has said not to go above 50 km per hr for the 1st 1000km's ( i thought now cars are run-in at the factory itself?)

perhaps will improve after 1st service and tappet setting?

Edited by carboy2011

Hi

Someone known to bought a brand new Axia this month but its doing just 10 kmpl in Colombo,its an automatic tranny

Pls can someone share their experience as i feel its way too low for a 1000cc car

Unimo has said not to go above 50 km per hr for the 1st 1000km's ( i thought now cars are run-in at the factory itself?)

perhaps will improve after 1st service and tappet setting?

Colombo + auto gears (+ maybe heavy footed driving?) I don't see a problem with those figures. (except if the owner went for a small car hoping for fuel economy)