• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Axia

gayantha789

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Someone known to bought a brand new Axia this month but its doing just 10 kmpl in Colombo,its an automatic tranny

Pls can someone share their experience as i feel its way too low for a 1000cc car

Unimo has said not to go above 50 km per hr for the 1st 1000km's ( i thought now cars are run-in at the factory itself?)

perhaps will improve after 1st service and tappet setting?

Update that car has done 21 kmpl on a long trip a week ago and has passed the 1st 1000km's ,so much of a difference from 10 kmpl in traffic to 21kmpl on a long trip on a flat road (A9)

• 2 months later...
I wonder why a 1000cc car has 200kmph in meter panel :speechless-smiley-004:

The maximum it'll do will be around 160-165km/h I bet. Maybe having 200km/h is another marketing trick, people believe anything the company sales people say these days :sport-smiley-004:

I wonder why a 1000cc car has 200kmph in meter panel :speechless-smiley-004:

the axias ancestor the Kelisa has a meter marked up to 160 but around 110-120 the thing starts vibrating so badly you fear it will disintegrate .

The user manual Actually has a warning mentioning that this is not a car made for racing :D

• 2 weeks later...
Saw an Axia recently and the vehicle looked smaller than the Viva Elite. The Elite looks better imo.

If the Axia looked smaller than the viva mate, you need to get your prescription checked. It is quite obviously a bigger car than the viva and looks it!

If the Axia looked smaller than the viva mate, you need to get your prescription checked. It is quite obviously a bigger car than the viva and looks it!

Haha, I'm still too young for that, maybe I like the Viva so much that it appears bigger, personal opinions you know ;)

Edit: Just went though the size specs for Viva and Axia on Wikipedia, and yes, you're correct, the Axia is slightly larger in all dimensions.

Edited by maxxarox

• 2 months later...
On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, matroska said:

the axias ancestor the Kelisa has a meter marked up to 160 but around 110-120 the thing starts vibrating so badly you fear it will disintegrate .

The user manual Actually has a warning mentioning that this is not a car made for racing :D

I could do only up to 105 km/h on high way and no control after. Also it vibrates at idle.

37 minutes ago, jaga said:

I could do only up to 105 km/h on high way and no control after. Also it vibrates at idle.

Yup Idle vibrate is common  but if it vibrates a bit too much then probably the engine mounts are gone...  Actually takes some getting used to feel if the vibration is the normal vibration or something is wrong. Non original mounts sometimes make the vibration worse. Unimo quotes 60k for the mounts (I'm quoting 2013/2014 prices here) 

You guys understand that just because the speedometer indicates a maximum top speed, that isn't an indication of the car's capability yes? My Vios' speedo went all the way up to 200, but there's no way a 103hp car can do 200km/h.

12 minutes ago, terrabytetango said:

You guys understand that just because the speedometer indicates a maximum top speed, that isn't an indication of the car's capability yes? My Vios' speedo went all the way up to 200, but there's no way a 103hp car can do 200km/h.

Well! it could do 200 in a downhill :P

Hello Guys,

I am going to buy a New Axia AT for 3.2Mn. Is it a good option by considering all the car prices gone up now ? This will be my second car after Alto 2015. I don't like to go for second hand Japan model. 

Any comments from real users about this vehicle really appreciate.