• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Carina At212 Teak Panels

GajaYa

Hey Guys

Can you guys let me know a place to get the all the Teak Panels of the Dashboard of the CARINA AT212 1999

Thank you

Getting the original panels have become trickier as the cars are a bit old. You will have to check out Delkanda Kurunaga etc to see if they ahve the dash board etc and they are willing to sell you the parts.

Another option is to use wooden effect stickers on existing panels. You can buy them online or there are guys advertising this as a service on the usual classified ads.

yes i found a place which does these teak dashes in dehiwala, i think thats the option left now....

Does the stickering option work well??

My panels are teak but they are cracked :/

If the panels are made of real wood, not wood effect plastic, then you can gently sand paper the scratches away, repair the cracks with glue, re stain and re polish to near original effect.

But if plastic then first repair the crack with fiber and then use stickers to finish. I think the effect isn't that bad, and remember it is what it is anyway.

very hard to find a person with good craftsmanship in kandy.....

This does not need a craftman. You can do it yourself, but only if its real wood.

Take the parts out and give it to a furniture polish shop or sale. They know what to do.

there are few places in between Mawanalla and Kandy, not sure though. I can remember a place to de left side, on our way towards Kandy. They might have this part, but not sure whether they are willing to sell this part only, because these people bring down the entire dashboard. i remember this place because there was a white color at212 Half-cut rotting in front of de shop.

Maybe you can look for a dash kit like this one?http://www.jjautomotive.eu/index.php?page=2&itm=664

The one in the link is not a AT212 dash kit, but you might be able to find one that's meant for yours.

If all efforts fail, I'd dump the whole "wooden finish" and paint all the panels in a nice satin black or another colour to match the interior of the car.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...