• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Message For Permit Baiyas

Crosswind

What will happen to the hundred if not thousands of permits that were sold and ownership transferred?

Nothing I guess.

They paid a 10% tax or something when the transfer was made right ?

I believe they are no different from a non-permit car after that 1st transfer is made.

Correct me if am wrong.

http://www.treasury.gov.lk/images/depts/tip/docs/circulars/vehicalepermit/TIP-Circular-20150209-2013-01-IV.PDF

permits issued for the MP's exempted it seems, but the government servants

somebody from the ministry of finance told me that very soon they are going to stop the entire permit thing,

good news for the 121 and axio owners !!!!!!!!

The circular says wef 2015/12/10 so its pretty clear. Any transfer before that is valid. Problem will be for ppl who paid the transfer tax today but waited till tomorrow for submitting papers. We can expect a few crybabies soon.

Then they can form a pressure group and go on lobbying like those who ordered hybrids! It is a democratic right after all!!

I in fact don't support the permit selling business. In terms of government servant permits, I understand why it happens as my own sister is such a government servant. They do not actually get paid enough to be able to afford a decent vehicle, even under a permit without getting into significant debt. So for some, it has been more practical to sell the permit, and use the money to buy a modest car. This is the reality.

I dont think the government's objective now is to give more permits.

one of my friend in ministry of finance told me the gov will revert it back to make permits transferable ...........

but very soon they will stop issuing permits for government servants, hamuduruwo etc..

One of my friend's neighbor's close relative's school mate's cousin's boyfriend's servant's uncle's driver's father's sister's husband said that also. He apparently works in the Ministry of Crab too.

It must be true, for sure.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 6

One of my friend's neighbor's close relative's school mate's cousin's boyfriend's servant's uncle's driver's father's sister's husband said that also. He apparently works in the Ministry of Crab too.

It must be true, for sure.

LOL!!!!