• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Registration Book - Duplicate To Original

chew

Hi Guys,

This is something you might know already, but i though it's better to discuss here. Some people say that there is a method to convert a duplicate car book to original by spending 2.5 laks (Not sure wheather it's possible). If that perticular book is tranferred to another one then, that copy comes again as Duplicate. Is that true?????? Is there any way to identiify this earlier????

Recently i checked a car book. It's maked as an original book, but there were few more lines under the word "Original".

as i remember it was like this.. (X= letters that i cant remember)

Original

31 xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx Deleted - 212

Have anyone one seen this before??? any ideas????

Open for your comments.

Hi Guys,

This is something you might know already, but i though it's better to discuss here. Some people say that there is a method to convert a duplicate car book to original by spending 2.5 laks (Not sure wheather it's possible). If that perticular book is tranferred to another one then, that copy comes again as Duplicate. Is that true?????? Is there any way to identiify this earlier????

Recently i checked a car book. It's maked as an original book, but there were few more lines under the word "Original".

as i remember it was like this.. (X= letters that i cant remember)

Original

31 xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx Deleted - 212

Have anyone one seen this before??? any ideas????

Open for your comments.

I think if the original CR is lost, you can have a duplicate issued by the RMV. Since then the book will say duplicate, unless the original is found and duplicate returned.

What you see above were probably corrections and ammendments or endorsements.

There is no legal way to convert a duplicate CR to an original. Its only the absurd perception of this idiotic market which gives the notion that vehiles with duplicate CR have low value/difficult to sell etc.

I suggest we dont encourage any illegal dealings in this forum.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

//This is something you might know already, but i though it's better to discuss here. Some people say that there is a method to convert a duplicate car book to original by spending 2.5 laks (Not sure wheather it's possible). If that perticular book is tranferred to another one then, that copy comes again as Duplicate. Is that true??????

There is no legal way to do this.

//Is there any way to identiify this earlier?//

yes if you want you can visit RMV and check the file.

////Original

31 xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx Deleted - 212///

This vehicle should be imported under some special conditions ( like permit )

so the above comment is about that.

original means that is original copy of CR

Edited by Nish D

• 1 month later...

If a vehicle having a Duplicate CR does it mean that it's not easily saleable? I mean as loan as Engine Number & Chassy number correct will it be a issue.

I've inpected vehicle recently overall vehicle condition is good, But the CR is Duplicate one thererefore I'm bit reluctant to go for it.

Please share your thought.

Thank you

If a vehicle having a Duplicate CR does it mean that it's not easily saleable? I mean as loan as Engine Number & Chassy number correct will it be a issue.

I've inpected vehicle recently overall vehicle condition is good, But the CR is Duplicate one thererefore I'm bit reluctant to go for it.

Thank you

This is one of psychological problems of typical sri lankan idiot car-buyer.

I own a car with a duplicate CR. I had no issue in buying it. But I knw whenenver I sell it, the typical sri lankan car buyer will say the same yada yada...

• Like 2

Thank you

there was a time where the financial companies were reluctant to give leasing facilities for duplicate CR

and those days you couldn't do one day transfers with duplicate

but both issues were settled now and are not issues anymore

those are myths spreading by car sellers......... in my opinion

we had an alto with a duplicate CR...... the first fellow who came to see it ..... bought it

• Like 1

Issue with duplicate CR went into a different magnitude due to assembling of cut & bud vehicles with fake registration. lot of people ran into problems after buying one with duplicate CR coz the one with original CR was running somewhere else. Since RMV taking time to transfer vehicles with duplicate CR books, finance companies could not provide financial facilities in one day. We cannot blame car buyers as their perception was based on experience, it's not baseless entirely.

It's the stupid system, which cannot recognize a forged CR from an original

• Like 1

Issue with duplicate CR went into a different magnitude due to assembling of cut & bud vehicles with fake registration. lot of people ran into problems after buying one with duplicate CR coz the one with original CR was running somewhere else. Since RMV taking time to transfer vehicles with duplicate CR books, finance companies could not provide financial facilities in one day. We cannot blame car buyers as their perception was based on experience, it's not baseless entirely.

Regard to the leasing element, i had to clarify this for a potential buyer some years back and the consensus between most of the larger/more respected leasing companies was that they would provide a lease however the percentage paid out would be 70% of the value as opposed to the usual 80% - i'm not certain as to how they got around the inability to do a one way transfer though. Bottom line was though that they were willing to take it on..

• Like 1

More importantly the CR should not be the end all in proving car identity. They can detect and eliminate these fraud scenarios when road tax is paid on them (because you have a case of road tax being paid multiple times for the same registration).

They should do away with duplicate CRs and issues an original to the current registered owner they have on record on request.

After one round of that, they will know if there are genuine duplicates being used (as the document itself has a serial number).

Edited by The Don

• 4 years later...

most people  mislead by some stupid car brokers.if the duplicate car registration is issued by RMV. The original CR is automatically  remove from the system .further  no one can use original one for any legal purpose .

For example  if i lost my driving licence  RMV will isaue me a duplicate licence .will my worth go down as a driver? Some people are fear to buy such vehicles becox of no knowledge of legal process of vehicle registration .