• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Yaris Vs Vios ?

lahiru_carlover

Question

my list finally came down to above two cars. Please advice me what should i go for..

my budget is maximum 2.5 million.

Car manufacture year should be above 2005.I plan to use this car for next 5-6 years.So want to buy a bit new car.Otherwise i would go for a allion 240 or 121.

1) Toyota vios 1500cc -2006
2) Toyota Yaris 1300cc - 2007

My main concerns are is fuel economy ,comfortable and easy maintenance.

Experts please let us know your opinion. Thanks!

i brought FB15 2001 model for 20..5 lak.(JT-XXXX)

Finally sold it for 17 lak.

millege is 125,000 km

So yes, you did get shafted when you bought it. What year did you buy it and how long did you own the car

i started with selling price 20 lak and monthly decreasing value by 1 lak. :speechless-smiley-004:

i can remember that 4 years ago toyota 121 G 2001 cost 24 lak and still now its price is in 24-25 lak range.Thats why i'm looking for a toyota.

Calling yourself lahiru_carlover is offensive to people who actually love cars. Maybe lahiru_toyotalover works better.

In srilanka its bit dificult to sell a vehical other than toyota.

I owned a Nissan FB15 and i faced very dificulties to sell that.

It took 5 months to sold that and finally sold it 4 laks less than my purchased price.

So i think its better to buy a toyota.

Anyway can you give some suggesions on other brands?

Most people say mazda axela is a propoer solution,but i hate that car.Its not comfortable.

For me comfortable >>>>>>>> driving pleasure.

Most people say mazda axela is a propoer solution,but i hate that car.Its not comfortable.

Dude, there are far more better and comfortable cars than Vios and Beltas within your budget. For me the axela is one of them. I have driven all of these cars but the axela was just superb, great handling, acceleration and comfortably with unmatched features for its class. I don’t know why you keep telling the axela is uncomfortable, maybe its the particular unit you drove? Also checkout the Lancer CS1 you maybe able to find a 2007 one under 2.5m.

It took 5 months to sold that and finally sold it 4 laks less than my purchased price.

lol...

If it was that difficult to sell an FB 15 most probably your quoted price was much higher. If it was with right price you could have sell it easily.

and just outta curiosity, why would you compare your selling price with the purchased price ? what makes you think that at least you should sell the car equal to purchased price ? of course it has a depreciation like any other good. "making profit from a car" era is gone mate. ( and it should be) if you buy a mobile phone its second hand price goes down drastically. thats the nature and same with the cars too.

There fore don't buy a car having the mindset of making profit after some time.

For your selections I think vios is better than 1.3 sedan type Yaris. afaik vios has the 121 engine there fore it should be good on fuel as well.

you can look for a Lancer CS3 as well

Edited by bycap
  • Like 1

Yah it's difficult to sell brands other than Toyota in Sri Lanka...But not FB15..It's still a fast moving car in Sri Lanka..

I seriously doubt a FB15 would have struggled to move. Unless the car was hacked.

Most FB15s wont stay long as it is a preferred car for many budget conscious car buyers and in all honesty it is a decent car with excellent value for money.

May be that FB 15 is over priced. When that happen any good car is hard to sell or it might have someother serious flow. I sold my old 94 Lancer relatively easily. And a 4 laks loss for FB 15?? :o As I know both Vios and Yaris are marketed as entry level budget cars (different story in SL btw)

Edited by hrm

I remember I sold my FB15 to the 1st buyer who came looking for it, and it wasnt even advertised on AL or any other newspaper. He didnt even took a test drive, closed the deal with cash. It was a decent car with a decent price tag.

Coming back to the topic, if I were to choose between those cars I would go for the vios.

If you made a 4 lakh loss on an FB15 then either you really hacked the car or else you got properly shafted when you originally bought it. And if you honestly think a Vios or a Yaris is more comfortable than a Mazda 3 or Axela you are sadly mistaken.

Anyway you seem to be one of those people with a "Toyota or nothing" mentality so why bother looking at other options? Just buy the Yaris (or a Belta which is slightly more comfortable) and be done with it.

The car market moves all the time. Beltas, Vios's, Yaris's have all lost about 400-500K of late.

I don't see much difference between the Vios and the Yaris except the Vios having a 1500cc engine. Drive both and buy the one you like. They are practically the same car under the skin (and the Belta).

I just want to share my experience between the axela and vios.I think when it comes to comfort people have their own definition.I had an axela for myself brought it out of love,But as the time goes I found it bit way bumpy and uncomfortable for these roads .Strangely when you got to drive the axela for few rides you will find it very comfortable with the fabric seats and stuff(What happen to me also).But once you got to own it and ride it on day to day basis on various roads with pot holes and uneven roads you'll find it very bumpy and way too stiff,There were good number of occasions I got to hold to the steering wheel tight just to stay in one place without throwing around.But people in the back seats find the car very comfortable to be in.As I said when you first got to drive it you'll fall in love with the car.Other than the comfort issue it was the best car I got to won.I recently brought a vios and it is really a comfortable ride for me comparing to that ride of the axela.But I really miss the handling of the axela,vios feels like a lorry in comparison to that.But much happy about the purchase.

• Like 1

From the appearance these two are the same. But the Yaris owners (sincere ones) have been complaining it felt underpowered on hill roads and while overtaking. This is most probably due to the 1.3L engine . But correct me if I'm wrong Yaris is Japanese while Vios 2006 is Thailand or somewhere else. So consider that as well when you decide what you buy.

I just want to share my experience between the axela and vios.I think when it comes to comfort people have their own definition.I had an axela for myself brought it out of love,But as the time goes I found it bit way bumpy and uncomfortable for these roads .Strangely when you got to drive the axela for few rides you will find it very comfortable with the fabric seats and stuff(What happen to me also).But once you got to own it and ride it on day to day basis on various roads with pot holes and uneven roads you'll find it very bumpy and way too stiff,There were good number of occasions I got to hold to the steering wheel tight just to stay in one place without throwing around.But people in the back seats find the car very comfortable to be in.As I said when you first got to drive it you'll fall in love with the car.Other than the comfort issue it was the best car I got to won.I recently brought a vios and it is really a comfortable ride for me comparing to that ride of the axela.But I really miss the handling of the axela,vios feels like a lorry in comparison to that.But much happy about the purchase.

Did u ever change the shockss of your axela?

• Like 2

Thought only the Export model was little bumpier (Mazda 3, Different suspension set-up and high ground clearance). when it's come to JDM spec models, suspension tend to little bit softer.

On Yaris, Pre-facelifted models (2006-2009) were from Japan and Face-lifted (2010 - onwards) ones are from Thailand.

lol...

If it was that difficult to sell an FB 15 most probably your quoted price was much higher. If it was with right price you could have sell it easily.

and just outta curiosity, why would you compare your selling price with the purchased price ? what makes you think that at least you should sell the car equal to purchased price ? of course it has a depreciation like any other good. "making profit from a car" era is gone mate. ( and it should be) if you buy a mobile phone its second hand price goes down drastically. thats the nature and same with the cars too.

There fore don't buy a car having the mindset of making profit after some time.

For your selections I think vios is better than 1.3 sedan type Yaris. afaik vios has the 121 engine there fore it should be good on fuel as well.

you can look for a Lancer CS3 as well

millege is 125,000 km

Edited by lahiru_carlover

i got the same feeling abt axela.

In carpeted roads axela is ok.But if you go on normal roads its feeling weird,its bumping. Bad GUT person will definitely puke.

millege is 125,000 km

Well if u were planning to sell a 2001 FB15 for 20.5 laks in today’s world, its ur fault mate. No wonder it took 5 months to sell it off.

• Like 3

Well if u were planning to sell a 2001 FB15 for 20.5 laks in today’s world, its ur fault mate. No wonder it took 5 months to sell it off.

i started with selling price 20 lak and monthly decreasing value by 1 lak. :speechless-smiley-004:

i can remember that 4 years ago toyota 121 G 2001 cost 24 lak and still now its price is in 24-25 lak range.Thats why i'm looking for a toyota.

Edited by lahiru_carlover

See it's like a cycle... due to that perception people are willing to buy a Toyota for an absurd price resulting in the prices remaining where they were half a decade ago. But prices have fallen a lot for many toyotas' the 110 and 121 being exceptions where 14-15 year old cars still fetch insane prices.

millege is 125,000 km

That is pity.

some possible scenario could be this.

you miss the first offer. then you reduce it. you miss that offer too.

now people who are looking for an FB15 see this where you are trying to sell the car desperately. then they wait some time to make you more desperate and get the car for a lower price.

please dont take 121 as a reference coz it has absurd market value. I've seen some advertisements of 121 claiming 25 - 30 price tag for more than one decade old cars.

Edited by bycap