• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Consumption Problem In Nissan Sunny Sb 13 Car

suneth6

I have recently bought a Nissan Sunny SB 13 Diesel automatic model.

In Colombo with traffic it does around 9 - 9.5 kmpl. But for long distance it does around 11 - 12 kmpl.

Is this normal for NISSAN SB 13 or my car doing bad?

Highly appreciate if you people can give details of a good mechanic to do some engine tune up.

Thanks.

I didn't have a SB13 but have plenty of driving experience of a manual one. once we filled her up from kottawa and went to kataragama with floored throttle on galle road. returned via udawalawa, rathnapura road, ended up in Kottawa with 1/4 tank left. I think it did around 17kmpl with AC and 4 adults, luggage on board.

generally autoboxes of that generation doesn't do well on fuel as torque converters didn't have lock up function. So engine revs higher almost all the time.

1, All depends on how you drive and where, While saying that, I met an owner who got down a new SB13 years ago who claimed that his car did over 18 per liter, unknown if it with out a/c.But it was a manual!

2.Do a full service, including the gear box.Change air filter above all.

3.Check Tyre pressure,wheel alignment

4. Pressurize injectors

5. Use A/c conservatively

You may see an improvement provided your engine compression is up to scratch.

1, All depends on how you drive and where, While saying that, I met an owner who got down a new SB13 years ago who claimed that his car did over 18 per liter, unknown if it with out a/c.But it was a manual!

4. Pressurize injectors

Read Harshan's answer above. It sufficiently explains the low fuel consumption of the auto. Your advice is valid, but that probably not the reason he's not getting the fuel economy he wants.

4. Pressurize injectors

I met a guy who did a few overnighters with Scarlett Johansson.. claimed she wasn't a good lay.