• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz Engine Vibration

thusira

Hi All,

I have toyota vitz KSP 90, 1000cc , 2007 vehicle. Is it a normal condition that the engine has slight vibration when idle? (my vehicle has this vibration when gear D or R positions and some time in P position also). I checked with toyota lanka and they clean spark plugs,fuel injectors,EGR and tune up the engine. and they also said it is normal for 3 cylinder engines like vitz. is it correct ? or do i need to worry more on this. I already spent lot of money to fix this. Please help.

Thank you in advance..

BR,

Thusira.

• 5 years later...
On 2/7/2015 at 9:46 PM, thusira said:

Hi All,

I have toyota vitz KSP 90, 1000cc , 2007 vehicle. Is it a normal condition that the engine has slight vibration when idle? (my vehicle has this vibration when gear D or R positions and some time in P position also). I checked with toyota lanka and they clean spark plugs,fuel injectors,EGR and tune up the engine. and they also said it is normal for 3 cylinder engines like vitz. is it correct ? or do i need to worry more on this. I already spent lot of money to fix this. Please help.

Thank you in advance..

BR,

Thusira.

I also having same issue. i think this issue mainly coming with engine mounts and if we replace mounts we can avoid this up to 2 to 3 years.

• Like 1

I have toyota vitz ksp90 version and its having vibration when vehicle is in ideal. i have done a engine tuneup recently. also changed the plugs / coils in order to avoid this. but still having the issue. previously , i have changed the jell mount (re-conditioned) and i think it also expired now. please help me on this ASAP.

Hi @Harshak, welcome to the forum.

I have merged your question with the existing thread you made a second post on. Please continue your discussion here. 

As others have said above, the 1000cc Vitz does vibrate quite a bit. But if this is a recent development, then I suspect worn out engine and transmission mounts since you seem to have done a fuel system clean up.

I personally wouldn't recommend using reconditioned parts for something like engine mounts. "Reconditioned" is just a fancy word for "used" because there's nothing to recondition in an engine mount compared to something like a reconditioned alternator or starter for example. 

So yes... get the engine mounts inspected first. 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2015 at 10:16 PM, thusira said:

Hi All,

Thank you in advance..

BR,

Thusira.

Hey buddy, its pretty normal for the 1KR engine on the 1L vitz, which is why the 1.3L version gets a better demand on the market, As of my experience there is a few ways to improve the vibration since you've already done the plugs and tuneup.

Get used to Castrol Magnatec or Edge 5W-30/20 Oil instead of letting people at the service station pour their crap. The thinner and more viscous oil helps the engine vibration marginally and you will feel a little more improvement on fuel efficiency. (do remember that it will need more frequent top ups compared to 10W-30) 

Also if it annoys u a lot u can take it to a reputed local mechanic and set its idling rpm a little higher so that the engine will not rattle when you're on a cold start. (this is not the best idea though if you don't wanna burn some extra fuel)

Also its a good idea to swap your fuel filter if you're car is a grey import since the fuel filter is usually never replaced in cars and overtime if you've been pumping gas from hacked up ceypetco's you're going to have the car knock time to time. (this procedeure is costly, expect to spend like 8K or more) 

you might have to check the rubber bushes near the engine mounts and the one near the axle( not exactly sure what you call it, not an expert on cars much)

On 5/31/2020 at 2:10 PM, Davy said:

As others have said above, the 1000cc Vitz does vibrate quite a bit. But if this is a recent development, then I suspect worn out engine and transmission mounts since you seem to have done a fuel system clean up.

I personally wouldn't recommend using reconditioned parts for something like engine mounts. "Reconditioned" is just a fancy word for "used" because there's nothing to recondition in an engine mount compared to something like a reconditioned alternator or starter for example. 

So yes... get the engine mounts inspected first. 

As Davy said the engine mounts are a good place to start if you've tried everything else. 

In the case u need a recommendation on a place to get it checked up go to nishantha in attidiya, he is good on his work with hatchbacks. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...