• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Nissan Leaf

RRokz

Im willing to go to Nissan Leaf,

Reasons are,

• reduced tax in 2015 interim budget
  • No much long-distance journey for me.(Max would be Nittambuwa-col)
  • I have commercial electric line.
  • FCVs will not come to srilnaka sooner with reasonable price.

Please share your thoughts.

Its grate if Leaf owner can share experience. :prankster:

• Like 3

Reasons are,

I thought the tax was increased :rolleyes:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="271559" data-time="1423306353"><p>

<br />

<br />

I thought the tax was increased :rolleyes:</p></blockquote>

Taxes were increased for only hybrid vehicles. For fully electric vehicles tax was reduced.

So how much exactly does a Leaf cost?

Also does anyone know how much it would cost to fully charge the thing and would the range be like?

Any idea how many units a full charge would equate to?

How much of a per unit cost difference is there between a commercial unit of electricity and a normal unit (Rs30-36 p/u?)

So how much exactly does a Leaf cost?

Also does anyone know how much it would cost to fully charge the thing and would the range be like?

Any idea how many units a full charge would equate to?

How much of a per unit cost difference is there between a commercial unit of electricity and a normal unit (Rs30-36 p/u?)

Prius PHV use about 4 units per full charge returning 27 Kms in EV mode largely depend on driving conditions. I wonder how Leaf going to be economical with our tariffs unless RRokz's commercial electrical line is FoC.

My Smart idea was to use a hybrid with a Net Metering system. Net metering is up and running now but Ravi K outsmart me on the 29th .

Reasons are,

I'm not an owner of a Nissan Leaf..but I have a friend of mine who uses a Nissan leaf for almost 6 months now...He says he normally does average of 1500 km per month and his extra electricity cost apart from his household usage is around Rs. 15,000.00 . So my general calculation is Rs.10 per KM...I don't know If this is realistic...This is based on what he says...

Edited by AbeysinghE

I'm not an owner of a Nissan Leaf..but I have a friend of mine who uses a Nissan leaf for almost 6 months now...He says he normally does average of 1500 km per month and his extra electricity cost apart from his household usage is around Rs. 15,000.00 . So my general calculation is Rs.10 per KM...I don't know If this is realistic...This is based on what he says...

If the way cost is actually Rs 10 per km, arent the energy costs similar to having a petrol car that has a fuel efficiency of ~13kmpl under the new fuel cost scheme? Or around 17kmpl under previous fuel costs?

• Like 1

If the way cost is actually Rs 10 per km, arent the energy costs similar to having a petrol car that has a fuel efficiency of ~13kmpl under the new fuel cost scheme? Or around 17kmpl under previous fuel costs?

Correct what you said..I also had same feeling..and having a hybrid is more economical in that way.

Edited by AbeysinghE

My friend has a leaf and loves it. Says it costs about 5 rupees per km for electricity.

He bought it a few months back for 3.7 and now it goes for around 3 mil but he's not worried as he did not buy it to save money - he got it coz he does not like ICE cars.

Both these claims may be correct depending on the electricity tariff of the charging point. If you plug into your domestic supply you may end up paying Rs. 45.00 a unit if your total consumption exceed 180 units. If you have access to a industrial connection the incremental unit cost is half the above domestic rate. (Incremental cos there are fixed charges on industrial tariff). You can even get a better rate if your industrial connection has peak/off peak tariff.

How about having a 250 Kw solar panel with inverter for the main grid . This will be an expensive investment (~500K), but should be cheaper for a long run. Also you can have all other electrical consumed items such as AC if you want :)

250kW solar panel???? It should be '250W' not '250kW'.

For installing a Solar Net Metering System,

(1) You have to decide how many units (1unit = 1kWh) you need to generate per month.

Usually 1 solar panel of 250W generates around 27 - 30 units (kWh) per month

(2) To obtain required number of units , how many solar panels you need?

(3) To fix that number of solar panels, do you have enough space on your roof , without shading.

(4) Suitable inverter capacity.

There are number of parameters to check before you go for a Solar Net Metering System. Basically it is worth if you use more than 180 - 200 units per month.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

Both these claims may be correct depending on the electricity tariff of the charging point. If you plug into your domestic supply you may end up paying Rs. 45.00 a unit if your total consumption exceed 180 units. If you have access to a industrial connection the incremental unit cost is half the above domestic rate. (Incremental cos there are fixed charges on industrial tariff). You can even get a better rate if your industrial connection has peak/off peak tariff.

__

Edited by Amila G

I'v heard that the cost of running Leaf is 6LKR per KM.

But donno anything more. :(

The main thing you need to consider, Madhawa, for you especially, is range. Can you use it to go where you need to go and get back to a charging point (I assume home?) Biggest weakness is still the range. Also it might not be a good idea to use a car charger for Ingress using the cars battery ... ;)

• 2 weeks later...