• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Car Around 2.7 Million

lahiru_carlover

Question

I'm planning to buy a new car and my budget is around 2.7 Million (Max).

So far I have checked the following models.

Toyota allion 240- 2002

Toyota 121 G grade 2005 -1500cc

Toyota Belta 2007 - 1300cc

Toyota yaris 2008-1300cc

Toyota Vios 2008-1500cc

Toyota VITZ-1000cc 2010

Don't suggest other car models like Mazda Axela,lancer models or honda cos i'm a toyota fan :smilie_liebe9:

I'm looking for a car which have good fuel economy,comfortable,good design and reliable car which wont give me troubles (engine and transmission) in the long run as I'm planning to use this car at-least for another 5 years.

I plan to run 800km per month(500 km on highway and other 300km on colombo city limit)

So, I really appropriate help from you guys to select one model from the above for me or any others you suggest, based on above details.

Also if you can share your experiences (fuel consumption and reliability) of the above models that would be highly appreciated.

Thank you and looking forward to see your comments.

Edited by lahiru_carlover

<OT>Because of the bahavior of typical toyota fans, most people on this forum are too ashamed to call themselves toyota fans even if they like the brand. It's refreshing to see an exceptional personality like you </OT>

I'm no Toyota fan but I feel the best car out of the list is the allion.

Toyota allion 240- 2002

Toyota yaris 2008-1300cc

Toyota Vios 2008-1500cc

Toyota VITZ-1000cc 2010

Don't suggest other car models like Mazda Axela,lancer models or honda cos i'm a toyota fan :smilie_liebe9:

I'm looking for a car which have good fuel economy,comfortable,good design and reliable car which wont give me troubles (engine and transmission) in the long run as I'm planning to use this car at-least for another 5 years.

I plan to run 800km per month(500 km on highway and other 300km on colombo city limit)

So, I really appropriate help from you guys to select one model from the above for me or any others you suggest, based on above details.

Also if you can share your experiences (fuel consumption and reliability) of the above models that would be highly appreciated.

It's nice to see a Toyota fan on this forum after all. :smilie_liebe9:

If you consider about fuel economy the best you have here is 121 and vios. Even though Vitz, Yaris and Belta has comparatively smaller engines , they are not as good as those two on fuel. Specially these two are felt underpowered when you climb hill roads (won't matter if you're planning to drive them on Colombo city limits)

Comfort - Allion and 121 are much comfortable than the others. Allion has better front and rear leg space than 121.

Design- it's quite personnel. For me out of these allion 240 looks better than the others. Vios, Vitz.belta and Yaris look stupid to me

All these cars are reliable, but if you're planning to use it for another 5 or more years , it would be wise to buy a comparatively new one

May I ask why you excluded the Corolla 141 as an option in your list of cars? Is it the supposedly bad fuel economy? But if you are running only 800km a month, i'd suggest you go for a 2007 or so Corolla 141 which is available for 2.7mil price range.

Toyota allion 240- 2002

Toyota yaris 2008-1300cc

Toyota Vios 2008-1500cc

Toyota VITZ-1000cc 2010

Just my personal opinion. If I were you, I would have definitely gone for Allion 240

I calculated that using my day to day run.I didn't take extra runs.

daily home to office 20km,so for 22 working days it will run 240km.

2 times colombo to matara ride(130* 4=520km)

20 x 22 = 440

130 x 4 = 520

440 + 520 = 960

i am pretty sure this is how other toyota fans also do their calculations to come up with absurd fuel figures :)

• Like 3

I think the best out of the toyotas available for you'r budget is the Corolla 141,

As you are doing a low milage per month the slightly lower economy won't matter much, and on the plus side you'll have a relatively new car and it will come in handy as you are using it for 5 years.

Additionally it has a lot of space and is comfortable compared to the others in the list.

There are a lot of more fuel economical cars of other manufacturers if you don't have toyota tatooed all over you'r brain

<OT>Because of the bahavior of typical toyota fans, most people on this forum are too ashamed to call themselves toyota fans even if they like the brand. It's refreshing to see an exceptional personality like you </OT>

I'm no Toyota fan but I feel the best car out of the list is the allion.

ya,allion is the best option,but its bit old.i'm but worry ant resale value after 5 years and after repairs.

I think the best out of the toyotas available for you'r budget is the Corolla 141,

As you are doing a low milage per month the slightly lower economy won't matter much, and on the plus side you'll have a relatively new car and it will come in handy as you are using it for 5 years.

Additionally it has a lot of space and is comfortable compared to the others in the list.

There are a lot of more fuel economical cars of other manufacturers if you don't have toyota tatooed all over you'r brain

I'm also like nissan tida 2008

its bit cheap like lessa than 2.5 million.

20 x 22 = 440

130 x 4 = 520

440 + 520 = 960

i am pretty sure this is how other toyota fans also do their calculations to come up with absurd fuel figures :)

exactly! :) I have a Toyota friend always boasting about vitz fuel consumption(over 20 as per his standards) but never bring his car for any sort of event or day to day work ;) ..... however once i got a chance to travel in city limit and i would like to take it as a harassment. loud noises, engine sound, bumping ride, hell like interior omg!

only cars make sense to me from above list is Allion and 121. But given the fact that they all are likely to be out of date in next few years, there are way better options unfortunately you cant go with "toyota" mentality.

Toyota allion 240- 2002

Toyota yaris 2008-1300cc

Toyota Vios 2008-1500cc

Toyota VITZ-1000cc 2010

1st choice is Belta, Last choice is Belta

jdm, simple, cvt with best km/l, comfort, newer, nice look which then copied by vios

allion 2002 is now 13 years old.

Edited by dilan_randika

exactly! :) I have a Toyota friend always boasting about vitz fuel consumption(over 20 as per his standards) but never bring his car for any sort of event or day to day work ;) ..... however once i got a chance to travel in city limit and i would like to take it as a harassment. loud noises, engine sound, bumping ride, hell like interior omg!

only cars make sense to me from above list is Allion and 121. But given the fact that they all are likely to be out of date in next few years, there are way better options unfortunately you cant go with "toyota" mentality.

I have a friend who claims that his Allion 260 ..2007 model does 22 kmpl on long distances...I use the same car presently and the maximum I have got in southern highway is 13 kmpl...It's just that stupid trip computer which gives unusual figures. I agree with you..there are many options he can go with If don't have toyota lover barrier.... One of my personal favorite is Axela...I love that ride always.. :smilie_liebe9:

Toyota allion 240- 2002

Toyota yaris 2008-1300cc

Toyota Vios 2008-1500cc

Toyota VITZ-1000cc 2010

Personally ,I do not like Toyotas that much , but for you to make a decision , pls. count my vote as follows,

1*Toyota 121 G grade 2005 -1500cc -if in good condition

2*Toyota allion 240- 2002

Good luck.