• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petition Hybrid

asanka791

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Wasa" data-cid="271679" data-time="1423480662"><p>

<br />

Please advice anybody who knows....</p></blockquote>

Isn't there some kind of official meeting between importers and Ravi k scheduled for tomorrow the 11th? So most probably nothing will come out before that.

And i heard that there is a dispute on the valuation method to be used between customs and ravi k. Haven't heard anything about that either.

Edited by B2Spirit

Have they sold them for 5mil or asking 5mil?

No buddy! must be asking for 5 million from a bunch of dickheads as the seller himself & expect people will flood in front of their door step fighting each other just to buy this so called cool suv "VEZEL". Because of this so called suv, the value & prestige of honda, has gone to the dogs now. Don't be amazed if they ask for 6 million or more the most outstanding suv in the entire universe which is VEZEL. Ha ha!!

No buddy! must be asking for 5 million from a bunch of dickheads as the seller himself & expect people will flood in front of their door step fighting each other just to buy this so called cool suv "VEZEL". Because of this so called suv, the value & prestige of honda, has gone to the dogs now. Don't be amazed if they ask for 6 million or more the most outstanding suv in the entire universe which is VEZEL. Ha ha!!

you made exactly the right point here...sadly most of the people think that it's a SUV...and the good news is the Vezzels I was referring were sold out like hot cake... :speechless-smiley-004:

you made exactly the right point here...sadly most of the people think that it's a SUV...and the good news is the Vezzels I was referring were sold out like hot cake... :speechless-smiley-004:

I agree with u. the name vezel makes me dissy. :sad-smiley-067:

I agree with u. the name vezel makes me dissy. :sad-smiley-067:

People who did not even dreamed/was reluctant to own a Honda, bought Vezel's cos it's so called SUV!!!!!! All marketing gimmiks.

Any way heard there is a meeting right at this moment in the Minisrty of Finance for the effected Hybrid lovers.....

People who did not even dreamed/was reluctant to own a Honda, bought Vezel's cos it's so called SUV!!!!!! All marketing gimmiks.

Any way heard there is a meeting right at this moment in the Minisrty of Finance for the effected Hybrid lovers.....

ah... the Hybrid Dream Looser (sic) FB Group... :)

ah... the Hybrid Dream Looser (sic) FB Group... :)

i really can't fathom how someone can Dream about a Hybrid. If someone dreamt about a Super Car that's understandable .. how can you dream about something thats as common as the Leyland Vikings and the Bajaj 3wheelers??

I have nothing against the concept of hybrids - they are the way forward but "Dreaming" about a very common econo car is a bit lame isn't it?

i really can't fathom how someone can Dream about a Hybrid. If someone dreamt about a Super Car that's understandable .. how can you dream about something thats as common as the Leyland Vikings and the Bajaj 3wheelers??

I have nothing against the concept of hybrids - they are the way forward but "Dreaming" about a very common econo car is a bit lame isn't it?

I am telling you, there is a FB page called Hybrid Dream Loosers... :)

I am not making this up...

Also now the Aqua owners club in SL has started a collection to put a hit on poor me... LOL! Probably enabled by the low fuel prices... some extra cash to spare.

• Like 1

lol. That's because they are thinking that they are getting a super car or a posh vehicle :P

Also now the Aqua owners club in SL has started a collection to put a hit on poor me... LOL! Probably enabled by the low fuel prices... some extra cash to spare.

Be nice to them... they are calling themselves LOSERS after all :)

• Like 1

Well I'll be damned. I searched and came across that page..

I noticed that a particular member of that group has this to say :

"This minister feels that those who import hybrids are millionaires.."

Doesn't that ninny realize that you can't import a hybrid without being a millionaire when the damn thing costs at least 3 million anyway?

That comment gave me a clear impression about the so called Dream Loooooo-sers.

Apart from complaining and villyfying the govt they've gone on to take a diss at poor Suzuki Celerio :sport-smiley-004:

apparently there's another group called "Tax increase exemption for hybrid vehicles ordered before Jan 29"

Well I'll be damned. I searched and came across that page..

I noticed that a particular member of that group has this to say :

"This minister feels that those who import hybrids are millionaires.."

Doesn't that ninny realize that you can't import a hybrid without being a millionaire when the damn thing costs at least 3 million anyway?

That comment gave me a clear impression about the so called Dream Loooooo-sers.

Apart from complaining and villyfying the govt they've gone on to take a diss at poor Suzuki Celerio :sport-smiley-004:

apparently there's another group called "Tax increase exemption for hybrid vehicles ordered before Jan 29"

I know!!! Hilarious!!!!! So now it's all poor VVti's and Suzuki Celerio's fault!!!!!

Suzuki Celerio and I, banded together to screw their little dream... these guys make the Tamilnaadu self immolation monkeys look like Harvard Grads.

Ohh.. i dream of LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Porsche 918

Ya man! There is indeed a group called Hybrid Dream Loosers. To precise there are 184 losers in that page so far & all are crying over & over again like a bunch of sissies. Ravi K is their nightmare now & everyone is taking turns in blasting him off. Some have even posted photos of their ill-fated dream. By the way nice page name & they accept that they indeed are bunch of losers. :sport-smiley-004:

Looks like this is the final result ( according to that LC opened before 29..... FB page :) )

Here are the conditions in circular

1) LC should have opened under personal name on or before 29th of January 2015.

2) If anybody ordered the vehicle through an agent he should have a some official document to prove the payment (ex: Bank slip etc).Again LC should have opened on or before 29th January.

3) We should give a bank guarantee to the name of SL customs for the additional TAX amount (Defined as difference between old and new tax systems).We have to register the vehicle at RMV within 2 weeks and bank guarantee will release within 3 days

4) Vehicle is NOT transferable for FOUR years.

5) Engine Capacity should be less than 2500cc

6) We need to clear the vehicle before 28th February.Tax exemption will applicable until 28th ONLY.

I must admit that the process is pretty well thought out and it's been made as fool proof as possibly it can be it seems.

Edited by B2Spirit

Well they got their demand today. The petition worked! Or did it?

Looks like the finance ministry threw a curveball by asking them to clear the vehicles before 28th Feb. Which is rather harsh (afaik), when you allow LC up to 29th Jan.

Looks like time for a new petition. Some members of the FB group are calling it a human rights violation!

Well they got their demand today. The petition worked! Or did it?

Looks like the finance ministry threw a curveball by asking them to clear the vehicles before 28th Feb. Which is rather harsh (afaik), when you allow LC up to 29th Jan.

Looks like time for a new petition. Some members of the FB group are calling it a human rights violation!

maybe they could not put an arbitrary cut off date prior to 29th Jan for LCs.

So the clearance by 28th might be their way of enforcing a reasonable LC date.

After all most who opened LCs in the last week before the budget would have stopped shipments or put them on hold, So they will not get a chance to clear by 28th.

Everybody prior to that would have had minimum chance to cancel the buy and on the other hand they would have enough time to get the vehicle in to Sri Lanka (5 weeks)

Edited by B2Spirit

After all most who opened LCs in the last week before the budget would have stopped shipments or put them on hold, So they will not get a chance to clear by 28th.

Everybody prior to that would have had minimum chance to cancel the buy and on the other hand they would have enough time to get the vehicle in to Sri Lanka (5 weeks)

Beggars can't be choosers... loosers, yes, but choosers, no... :)

Makes sense. As you said, pretty well thought out.

10647246_764590373622055_430862020744289

I actually feel for these people now... this is an utter and despicable mess... of their own making none the less. Yet a mess.

Why do people in LKA get themselves in to these situations?

Golden Key, Gold Quest, the myriad of these get rich scams online, Sakvithi, even this is such a thing when you consider that people have created their own misery.

Such a herd mentality. We are indeed a nation of Buth kana harak.

..and people are even quoting from the constitution also, looking for a relief from the constitution saying that the law is common for all.... if that is the case, they should as law abiding citizen accept the recent change and bite the bullet, right?

they cant see beyond their own noses.

Edited by VVTi

These guys seems to be really dense. If the vehicle is not shipped yet there is a possibility that it can be cancelled right ?

I thought that was the whole point of 28th feb deadline.

To give a concession to buyers who were caught with their pants down (i mean vehicle in transit and no way to cancel) while making sure misuse is minimal and opportunistic fellows are excluded.

And these guys say they are professionals. Even 8 pass ppl knows tht in SL to keep away from importing cars when there is a budget in the horizon. Everybody knew there was a budget the moment govt change happened around 9-10 jan.

Anybody who placed an order after tht day knows well enough the vehicle is not going to reach SL before budget. So they were either dumb/ignorant or trying to get an undue advantage. Both are unforgivable.

Edited by B2Spirit

I don't think once LC is raised, you can cancel without incurring penalties. The exporter has already incurred costs and will have to be compensated.

Personally I think the best thing to have is a stable economic policy. That way people can plan better and there is more stability.

The only issue seems to be the clearing deadline. Not quite sure why it was put in place with the other provisos, but the fact is there can be shipping delays, and depending on the other cargo on the ship, the ship maybe held out of port for other reasons (like exchange rate fluctuations or prices of certain goods going down in global markets) or customs inspections, so arrival dates of ships can rarely be gurranteed.

On the point VVTi raised about the law, machang the overriding principles behind law are two things.

1. Equitibility

2. Natural justice

Make of that what you may :)