• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Eg8 Boot Gas Struts

derickreaper

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi all, can someone direct me where I can buy a pair of dicky shock strut for my eg8, or a place or a contact for someone who does the gas part for my old ones

Wonder if "Mareena" shock absorber fellows will be able to fill up the gas for your struts.

Age, heat and dust take their toll on these parts.Replacement cost should be taken into account.,best bet would be Delkanda High level Rd aria or the like where used Jap spares are sold.

Take off the part and go to one of these Chop-shops and ask for a similar unit.

"if you say the make and model, you'll straight away get a negative reply.

Good luck!

Filling this pressurized struts/dampers is very tricky and this small tube contains about 20 atms of pressure.

i remember, once my self and an uncle who's a mechanic, tried to give it a try without knowing, with what we were messing. It was a worn out strut/damper which wasn't holding the tail gate and we only could drill a hole on tube halfway. Next we heard a loud bang, like a firing sound of a rifle and a smoke of pressurized gas released in a fraction of a second.

I doubt this can be pressurized, though shock absorbers are being done. Different between shocks and these struts/dampers is dampers always try to extract push the shaft out with highly pressurized gas where as in shock absorber moderately pressurized gas cartridge controls the movement of the shaft.

Best would be to roam around delkanda then panchikawatta and give it try.

Filling this pressurized struts/dampers is very tricky and this small tube contains about 20 atms of pressure.

i remember, once my self and an uncle who's a mechanic, tried to give it a try without knowing, with what we were messing. It was a worn out strut/damper which wasn't holding the tail gate and we only could drill a hole on tube halfway. Next we heard a loud bang, like a firing sound of a rifle and a smoke of pressurized gas released in a fraction of a second.

I doubt this can be pressurized, though shock absorbers are being done. Different between shocks and these struts/dampers is dampers always try to extract push the shaft out with highly pressurized gas where as in shock absorber moderately pressurized gas cartridge controls the movement of the shaft.

Best would be to roam around delkanda then panchikawatta and give it try.

The difference is noticeable to me after you explained. Best bet would be finding the strut, but not sure anyone would sell it without the boot lid. Just a thought.. can this be done using a small spring although it could result in a bit of ejection than slow lifting.