• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua Gs Or Honda Fit Rs Gp4

hasmax

Dear all,

I'm in big need of so valuable and ever admired thoughts of the autolanka experts and fellow members on buying my next car.

After much of "homework" I managed to narrow down the options to 2 cars namely;

1) Toyota Aqua GS Sports 2014

2) Honda Fit hybrid GP4 RS version 2013

But I'm bit inconclusive on the final selection of one of these and that's is exactly the stage in which the views of you will be of much impact and value.

Possibly relevant factors that would be helpful in taking the decision would be as follows.

a. I plan to get it directly from Japan and aqua GS will cost around 8-9 lax more than Fit RS, means more financial burden initially

b. I usually don't drive much, will say 1000km per month and that may be of importance as the 2 cars have different fuel fugures.

c. Though GP4 is older version, I prefer that to GP5 so GP5 is out ( Just my perception and has nothing to do with possible technological advances of GP5 )

d. I'm personally not attatched to other aqua versions like S and G as they look bit dull ( again just my perception and no offense to fellow aqua owners ), so only the GS version is considered

e. Both cars vary significantly when it comes of options avialable ( Fit is powered with paddle-shift, 4 disk brakes, dedicated sports mode and of cause more space as highlighted in many AL threads while aqua GS having impressive body design as totally without the bored nature of its regular counterparts, not forgetting the better fuel consumption relative to Fit )

7. The resale value and avilability and cost of spare parts may be of importance but let's say with a less gravity on final decision.

With these facts and any other relevant aspects I really appreciate your views, advices and please let me know what you will do under same circumstances. As always a big thanks in advance and heartiest gratitude to all contributers and team autolanka. :smilie_liebe9:

( N.B. I went through virtually all relevant existing threads in autolanka, but could't find much information as most were on aqua and fit generally lacking details in GS and RS versions of them and due to the fact that I'm with a different scenario here. For the moment let's just neglect the possible impact of budget proposals, otherwise it would compllicate this )post-48449-0-97065900-1422550778_thumb.jpost-48449-0-01171500-1422550889_thumb.jpost-48449-0-38920900-1422551454_thumb.jpost-48449-0-31258200-1422551456_thumb.j

Edited by hasmax

a. I plan to get it directly from Japan and aqua GS will cost around 8-9 lax more than Fit RS, means more financial burden initially

b. I usually don't drive much, will say 1000km per month and that may be of importance as the 2 cars have different fuel fugures.

I am sorry but you will hate me for this... but if you are not going to drive not more than 1000Kms a month, why do you need such a large outlay financially? A Hybrid if running less than 1000kms a month will be no more economical than a used non-Hybrid car within a reasonable budget.

I didn't bother reading the rest... :)

I had the initial initial thought as VVTi did; but I figured what you failed to mention was that you needed a "new" car for the new car feeling of it. Fair enough I guess. But if a "new car" feeling is not important then please do consider what VVTi says as well.

I am pretty sure I wrote something about the G-sport before. It had the same dull steering and engine feel as any other Aqua. The G's has stiffer suspension and braces and other suspension mods to make it handle a little but better so the ride was a bit stiffer than the average Aqua and response had a wierd feel to it that made it a bit more dynamic in a wierd sort of way. I have also tested the RS and the non RS versions and both of those had a much better driving feel than the Aqua (yes even the non RS versions felt better and more alive). Obviously the RS has stiffer suspension than the non RS grades. Ride wise I liked the G spot much better because it was softer than the RS (not that the RS was bumpy and uncomfortable) but "drivability" wise hands off my money would be on the RS. <then again I liked the petrol version a lot better>

I had the initial initial thought as VVTi did; but I figured what you failed to mention was that you needed a "new" car for the new car feeling of it. Fair enough I guess. But if a "new car" feeling is not important then please do consider what VVTi says as well.

That was exactly the missing point from my side bro. I wanted a new japanese one due to a reason. I almost got the best 2-3 years of my life ruined because of few used cars wasting so much of time in garages, spoiled dating any many worse nightmares u could imagine. That's why I made my mind for getting a new thanks man.

I am sorry but you will hate me for this... but if you are not going to drive not more than 1000Kms a month, why do you need such a large outlay financially? A Hybrid if running less than 1000kms a month will be no more economical than a used non-Hybrid car within a reasonable budget.

I never gonna hate you bro. Your point is obvious and accepted. But as in reply to iRage needed a new one purely because of past horrible experiences. Even 2009-2010 non hybrids may have emerging issues now. Hybrids used to be cheaper than non hybrids until the budget and that's why I limited the options to two hybrid cars which were appealing to me. Anyway your concern is appreciated

I never gonna hate you bro. Your point is obvious and accepted. But as in reply to iRage needed a new one purely because of past horrible experiences. Even 2009-2010 non hybrids may have emerging issues now. Hybrids used to be cheaper than non hybrids until the budget and that's why I limited the options to two hybrid cars which were appealing to me. Anyway your concern is appreciated

Don't hate the car hate the user !

But here is the twister...sometimes (with this overnight tax changers, etc...) it might be cheaper for you to buy a 2009-2010 car in decent nick and invest in it to fix it properly (I said properly ! not maka-bass jobs and with proper spares). Down side..you will have to wait for sometime till it gets done (but then you have to wait till you find a car in Japan or where ever and it gets shipped over here..this would be a bit longer) and you will have to run around hunting down mechanics, etc...(which by itself is an experience and strengthens your relationship with the car but it is not for all)

Don't hate the car hate the user !

But here is the twister...sometimes (with this overnight tax changers, etc...) it might be cheaper for you to buy a 2009-2010 car in decent nick and invest in it to fix it properly (I said properly ! not maka-bass jobs and with proper spares). Down side..you will have to wait for sometime till it gets done (but then you have to wait till you find a car in Japan or where ever and it gets shipped over here..this would be a bit longer) and you will have to run around hunting down mechanics, etc...(which by itself is an experience and strengthens your relationship with the car but it is not for all)

Yes.. The tax issue was a tsunami for me. Never expected such a huge tax increment. Hopelessly I'm driving my father's noah now with no scope of owning one of those two cars for which I worked and earned hard over last 4 years. Nevertheless as U said a decent quality non hybrid seems fair alternative. Have to start it from the begining . Anyway I feel that if this thread progress further, that would surely serve for an academic purpose for interested parties since such comparison is hard to be found here in AL as well as other global forums and it may provide valuable information on AQUA GS and FIT RS also. Thanks for the info bro

Edited by hasmax

Yes.. The tax issue was a tsunami for me. Never expected such a huge tax increment. Hopelessly I'm driving my father's noah now with no scope of owning one of those two cars for which I worked and earned hard over last 4 years. Nevertheless as U said a decent quality non hybrid seems fair alternative. Have to start it from the begining . Anyway I feel that if this thread progress further, that would surely surve for an academic purpose for interested parties since such comparison is hard to be found here in AL as well as other global forums and it may provide valuable information on AQUA GS and FIT RS also. Thanks for the info bro

Well you could look at a slightly used Fit RS that has already been imported, there are quite a few of those kicking around.

Edit: yup, quite a few kicking around on AL classifieds right now, some are even unreg.

http://autolanka.com/Buy.asp?FormName=Search&FormAction=search&ad_type_id=&ad_category_id=10&search=Fit+RS

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=173511

And they seem to be asking 3.5-3.7 and I suspect there will be plenty of room for negotiation there. So really there's no need to be "hopelessly" driving around your father's Noah.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Well you could look at a slightly used Fit RS that has already been imported, there are quite a few of those kicking around.

Edit: yup, quite a few kicking around on AL classifieds right now, some are even unreg.

http://autolanka.com/Buy.asp?FormName=Search&FormAction=search&ad_type_id=&ad_category_id=10&search=Fit+RS

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=173511

And they seem to be asking 3.5-3.7 and I suspect there will be plenty of room for negotiation there. So really there's no need to be "hopelessly" driving around your father's Noah.

Thanks Supra_Natural ayya for kindness. What u suggest was something I should really think of and I already contacted few of them. But the problem is many of these owners are so adamant after tax thing and have become "Shylocks" increasing the car prices disproportionately high. I'm keeping on trying. Let's see how it goes, Will update soon. :)