• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Does The Lamborghini Dealership Turn A Profit?

jalapeno

Reading the below article it states that Euro Cars , the only offical factory dealership for Lambos in Sri Lanka, has yet to sell a lambo.

They say the car costs them 25 million rupees. The Gov. tax is 65 millon and the car will be sold for 91 million.

So they only make 1 million rupees .

I assume they don't pay the government tax until they sell a car but even so for just 1 million profit they have to spend 25 million on the car and then there is the cost of the premises and the day to day expenses.

What am I missing here, because it seems like they can't turn a profit.

http://www.adaderana.lk/bizenglish/only-two-lamborghini-owners-in-sri-lanka-reveals-micro-cars-chief/

Incidentally the article says there are only 2 lambos in SL and neither was sold through Euro Cars.

• Like 1

I believe for Micro it is there to enhance their profile. Not profit. Being the Lambo agent in LK may have had it's perks. But we are hardly the market for such cars. We are a Merc/BMW and now Audi market for all luxury or high end marques.

Interesting...But I died a little inside when I heard those interview questions
1. Why is the bonnet so short? I thought they were supposed to be long

2. Why does it have 2 tyre sizes?

3. Why is it so short/low?

4. Have Lambo made sedans or only sports cars?

5. How powerful is a V10 engine for a car.. (WTF!!!!!)

6. Has Lambo always had a "beat" in the exhaust?

• Like 3

I believe for Micro it is there to enhance their profile. Not profit. Being the Lambo agent in LK may have had it's perks. But we are hardly the market for such cars. We are a Merc/BMW and now Audi market for all luxury or high end marques.

Actually it is for the real shareholders of Micro to wash some black money into white is my guess. I am 100% sure the company will under go a full investigation not just on the Lambos but on how much local content actually went in to the Ssangyongs that were supposedly assembled here and if they actually qualified for duty waivers.

• Like 1

Reading the below article it states that Euro Cars , the only offical factory dealership for Lambos in Sri Lanka, has yet to sell a lambo.

They say the car costs them 25 million rupees. The Gov. tax is 65 millon and the car will be sold for 91 million.

So they only make 1 million rupees .

I assume they don't pay the government tax until they sell a car but even so for just 1 million profit they have to spend 25 million on the car and then there is the cost of the premises and the day to day expenses.

What am I missing here, because it seems like they can't turn a profit.

http://www.adaderana.lk/bizenglish/only-two-lamborghini-owners-in-sri-lanka-reveals-micro-cars-chief/

Incidentally the article says there are only 2 lambos in SL and neither was sold through Euro Cars.

Good question. How could there be a business case to build a huge showroom and fill it with 3 Lambos in stock! And the 1 mill margin is complete BS. The opportunity cost for a 25m car would be at least 2,5m per year. It's all a cover up. Hopefully all the facts will be revealed.

so true watchman,i ignore what this person is telling on the show,but the other guys know what they are speaking ..... SL need more car programs like "MOTORQUE"

Soo true Watchman.. That guy hosting AutoVision ruins the program.. I remember when Autovision program started years ago., the guy hosted the program then knew very well about cars..

They used to own the Maserati dealership in the early 2000s when they were Transmec, long before their Micro days. They sold one or two GTs and that's it. I was one of their very first customers when the government permit came out back in 2007-2008. They weren't as big back then, neither did they have investments from the 'royal' family. Having had face time with both Dr. Lawrence and Asela I have to say they were true car guys and the Maserati dealership was born out of passion. But I'm sure things have changed with time and influence.

Edited by madmax

Even there So called Experts Dont know shit,

wheel Steering,Lol.. all are lying like damn competition,

i hope a show like this would get chopped of for giving out miss information

The presenter knows jack$hit about what he's talking. His questions like the 'beat' are typical questions he should be asking someone who just modified an old lancer or a civic not a frikking lambo.

so true watchman,i ignore what this person is telling on the show,but the other guys know what they are speaking ..... SL need more car programs like "MOTORQUE"
Soo true Watchman.. That guy hosting AutoVision ruins the program.. I remember when Autovision program started years ago., the guy hosted the program then knew very well about cars..
Even there So called Experts Dont know shit,

wheel Steering,Lol.. all are lying like damn competition,

i hope a show like this would get chopped of for giving out miss information

The presenter knows jack$hit about what he's talking. His questions like the 'beat' are typical questions he should be asking someone who just modified an old lancer or a civic not a frikking lambo.

He has been hosting the show for at least 6 years. If he hasn't learnt anything during the that time to make his questions more insightful, he clearly should be fired. And the producers seem to have no interest in improving the quality of the program.

You take motorque on the other hand when they went from Season 1 to Season 2, that wierdo presenter became livelier and the camera-work n production improved quite a bit! And they dont try to attract every Chamal, Kasun and Ranga by bringing in bimbo celebs or weird-ass dancers with zero car knowledge.

Edited by Watchman

LAst night I had the misfortune of watching the latest edition of Auto Vision where a Lucino painted in Orange and dual transparent Spoilers/Wing in the back... :)

Why a double layered translucent wing? Is it there for when you need down-force on your down-force?

• Like 1