• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela Radio Frequency Issue

ThunderBolt

Hi,

I recently bought a Mazda 3 axela and would Like to know if there is a way/place where I can fix the limited radio frequency issue. I know there r gadgets that can fit the sri lankan frequency to Japanese bands.

would like to have a usb connection to my original player as well. really sad to see these new vehicles dont have the facility to extend the features.

Hi,

I recently bought a Mazda 3 axela and would Like to know if there is a way/place where I can fix the limited radio frequency issue. I know there r gadgets that can fit the sri lankan frequency to Japanese bands.

would like to have a usb connection to my original player as well. really sad to see these new vehicles dont have the facility to extend the features.

A vehicle to be sold in the Japanese market would only have the range required for Japan.

The best solution is either to replace the unit, with a unit destined for the Mazda 3, the export version, or with a third party unit.

where can I buy mazda 3 unit in sri lanka ?

I can't tell you for sure as I don't live there most of the year. But you can try the usual car audio places because some would have swapped the original player for an after market unit with more options.

People who import parts from Singapore and Malaysia might have them too.

You also have them on ebay so if you have friends overseas it could be a good option as its not a light item so expensive to courier.

What year is your car? Just noticed a 2006 unit on ebay UK for £34.95

I have seen a few 2004-2009 Axela compatible HU's (with extended frequency) at a car audio place in Kohuwala Dutugemunu road (Pamankada side), near where the Indra road joins. Can't recall the name of the place and this was in 2013.

I have a load of friends with Axelas but haven't seen anyone successfully 'extend' the range in the original HU.

If you're actually replacing the HU with a second hand OEM unit, ebay is the best best as Don also suggested. If you're going for a compatible HU with an LCD screen etc, buying it locally makes sense given the online prices. Plus you will want to ensure that your steering wheel controls work.

Actually interested in knowing your model year as most of Axela's I've seen post 2009 do have aux and usb connection. If it was pre-2009, well it was rare to get usb on any HU of that era, unless it's an euro.

In my Axela former owner has installed new car radio & the problem is multifunction keys do not support to new radio. any one know how to solve this problem?

Not all after market systems will support the original multi function keys. In fact very few do.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I heard there is someone in dehiwala who changes the original setup to be compatible with sri lankan frequencies, by changing the chip. is this possible ?

Possible yes. You can re engineer the electronics to do anything you want. Probable, no. Quite frankly because sometimes its not just the hardware that needs to change. Also very few have the skills and the equipment to work on multi layer circuit boards of the type that are inside these units, and it has to be economically feasible as well relative to effort.

But if you find a place, please do post back. A lot of people will be very happy.

Long ago I have used a device that plugs into the antenna socket of the HU that steps down the local frequenzy by about 20MHz. Some Rs 400/- odd. But the sound quality is not good and reception is impaired and unpredictable.

As per the USB port, there is also a USB player that connects to the HU. But you must fix it somewhere on the dashboard. Cost Rs. 2500/-. Used in my previous car for about 1 year without any problem till I sold it. On the downside is that you loose the originality of the car and it must be soldered to the HU's circuits.