• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

British Car Day 2015

MasterDon

Once again the Classic Car Club of Ceylon and event sponsors Land Rover bring you the ‘British Car Day’. After the tremendous success and popularity of this truly unique event last year, the public can look forward to an event larger collection British classic cars and motorbikes from the 1930’s all the way up through the years.

It will provide the public with an opportunity to feast their eyes on some spectacular cars and bikes. Iconic brands such as Aston Martin, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Lotus, MG, Triumph, Morgan, Austin Healey, Morris, Ford and many more will be on display.

An iconic event such as this deserves an iconic setting and what could be better than the glorious expanses of the Town Hall grounds. A 80 car parade will begin from this amazing venue and will make it's way to the Kingsbury Hotel where the public can see them shine in all their glory until 1.00pm.

We hope to see many of you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1388068124833158

3xyXi1E.jpg

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Madz.The event was a resounding success.Thanks to everyone who came by and participated.

Here'a little video too...The first car to should be familiar to you. :D

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153101298803764

Got yourself an FSP as well by the looks of it eh MD? shaaaa :P

Got yourself an FSP as well by the looks of it eh MD? shaaaa :P

hee hee :.blush.: :D

uuurrrggghhhhh... how come I missed that :sad-smiley-067::sad-smiley-067:

Not to worry,there's always next year...The Ceylon Motorshow(the one with all the classics) will be making a return later this year too...

Thanks.It's the original buffer with the dings and scrapes.The reproduction still hasn't arrived...Notice I've reverted back to the original steelies and hubcaps?

Am totally digging the the original steelies and hubcaps! Are you going to keep them or are you getting wire (spoke) wheels instead?

She looks way better with the bumper on than with it off (at least on the video online) IMHO. I tired taking a closer look but I couldn't find any pictures of the old girl on the autolanka album that was linked, did I miss any? ( Oh and well done Autolanka for covering the event by the way, I really enjoyed the pictures overall. Good job guys).

Edited by Kavvz

Am totally digging the the original steelies and hubcaps! Are you going to keep them or are you getting wire (spoke) wheels instead?

She looks way better with the bumper on than with it off (at least on the video online) IMHO. I tired taking a closer look but I couldn't find any pictures of the old girl on the autolanka album that was linked, did I miss any? ( Oh and well done Autolanka for covering the event by the way, I really enjoyed the pictures overall. Good job guys).

Yes the Autolanka photographer is a racist and didn't take pictures of my car.I'll send you some pictures via PM some other publications have taken.

Yes the Autolanka photographer is a racist and didn't take pictures of my car.I'll send you some pictures via PM some other publications have taken.

lol !!

The car looks great and to my untrained eye so does the bumper. I guess there are imperfections on the bumper that show up upon close up inspection > Hence the upcoming replacement?

Edited by Kavvz

if that's the case just log out of FB on your browser n click the link ;)

Weird but it won't work when I'm logged out, it does work if log in. Weird has hell. But yes I can now see pictures. So Silver is a member then? Bugger has some decent pictures up, including this one: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152579753456493&set=a.10152570905701493.1073741851.616931492&type=3&theater

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...