Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

B2Spirit

Garmin Gps Maps For Sri Lanka

Recommended Posts

Using this map on my garmin.

http://slmap.org/

Mods pls remove it if its against the rules.

Edited by Ruslan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes on eof my uncles when he came from europe got his Garmin updated here apparently garmin has an agent here who did it,if you need i can get the details for u,i think that agent was somewhere near maharagama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 12:15 PM, Ishantha84 said:

Hi all,  is somebody able to install garmin sri lanka maps in a Civic 2018 ? 

Tried. Does not work (for now). The head unit has the map for Europe hard coded in it. Even if you add the SL map for garmin (from OSM) it got ignored. 

Continuing research. Here's a link the complete comment I made in a separate thread.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2015 at 7:28 PM, Ruslan said:

Using this map on my garmin.

http://slmap.org/

Mods pls remove it if its against the rules.

I know I'm reviving a dead horse, just for my knowledge, is there reason you prefer slmaps over OSM ? At least from my experience, OSM worked quite well on the Garmin devices but would be great hear your perspective as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi, Follow this easy steps to update Sri Lanka Map in Civic 2017 (It may work with 2018 model)

1. 

On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts until instructions to “continue the update process” on this website appear.

Please note that after pressing “Update Map”, you must wait at least 1 minute before unplugging the USB drive from the USB port.

2. 

Plug the USB drive into your computer and follow prompts on Garmin Express. Garmin Express will verify if there is a new map update available. Download https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express

Note: The map download time varies based on Internet connection speed and map region.
 

3. Download Sri Lanka Map here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hRt-DMQ5KpN0pITlFWelNvbjg/view?usp=sharing

4. Once Garmin Express has finished copy and replace downloaded "gmapsupp" file to the USB. 

5. 

Plug the USB drive back into the vehicle USB port.

On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

Notes:
You cannot use the same map download for multiple Honda navigation systems. Doing this will result in a locked navigation device.

The map update will take up to one hour but may vary based on the map region. During this update your Honda navigation system must not be turned off. Therefore, the engine must be running while the vehicle is parked outside or in a well-ventilated area. Before getting started, familiarise yourself with and follow all applicable laws in your area. Please contact your dealer with any questions or concerns.

6. You arer Done. Enjoy....!!!

20180520_104253.jpg

Edited by Dananjaya Thennakoon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 11:52 AM, Dananjaya Thennakoon said:

Hi, Follow this easy steps to update Sri Lanka Map in Civic 2017 (It may work with 2018 model)

1. 

On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts until instructions to “continue the update process” on this website appear.

Please note that after pressing “Update Map”, you must wait at least 1 minute before unplugging the USB drive from the USB port.

2. 

Plug the USB drive into your computer and follow prompts on Garmin Express. Garmin Express will verify if there is a new map update available. Download https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express

Note: The map download time varies based on Internet connection speed and map region.
 

3. Download Sri Lanka Map here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hRt-DMQ5KpN0pITlFWelNvbjg/view?usp=sharing

4. Once Garmin Express has finished copy and replace downloaded "gmapsupp" file to the USB. 

5. 

Plug the USB drive back into the vehicle USB port.

On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

Notes:
You cannot use the same map download for multiple Honda navigation systems. Doing this will result in a locked navigation device.

The map update will take up to one hour but may vary based on the map region. During this update your Honda navigation system must not be turned off. Therefore, the engine must be running while the vehicle is parked outside or in a well-ventilated area. Before getting started, familiarise yourself with and follow all applicable laws in your area. Please contact your dealer with any questions or concerns.

6. You arer Done. Enjoy....!!!

20180520_104253.jpg

Hi,

I have seen the same instructions on ***tube as well.Is the screenshot from your civic?  Can we use the same map you shard here? but you have wrote

"Notes:
You cannot use the same map download for multiple Honda navigation systems. Doing this will result in a locked navigation device."

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hungry_Minder said:

Hi,

I have seen the same instructions on ***tube as well.Is the screenshot from your civic?  Can we use the same map you shard here? but you have wrote

"Notes:
You cannot use the same map download for multiple Honda navigation systems. Doing this will result in a locked navigation device."

Thanks

 

Oh!!! This means you cannot use the same pen drive for other cars, not the map file.

The Sri Lanka Map that I have provided here is a common one and can be used with any Garmin device. But once you created the pen drive as follows it become a unique pen drive only suitable for the car that you copy information as step 1.

In step 1: When you plug the pen drive to the car some unique information is written to the pen drive. Gamin express identifies and prepares the pen drive based on that information.

Don’t try the same “Pen Drive” to another car (Not the Sri Lanka map img file. This can be copied and replaced to any pen drive)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2018 at 11:52 AM, Dananjaya Thennakoon said:

Hi, Follow this easy steps to update Sri Lanka Map in Civic 2017 (It may work with 2018 model)

1. 

On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts until instructions to “continue the update process” on this website appear.

Please note that after pressing “Update Map”, you must wait at least 1 minute before unplugging the USB drive from the USB port.

2. 

Plug the USB drive into your computer and follow prompts on Garmin Express. Garmin Express will verify if there is a new map update available. Download https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express

Note: The map download time varies based on Internet connection speed and map region.
 

3. Download Sri Lanka Map here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hRt-DMQ5KpN0pITlFWelNvbjg/view?usp=sharing

4. Once Garmin Express has finished copy and replace downloaded "gmapsupp" file to the USB. 

5. 

Plug the USB drive back into the vehicle USB port.

On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

Notes:
You cannot use the same map download for multiple Honda navigation systems. Doing this will result in a locked navigation device.

The map update will take up to one hour but may vary based on the map region. During this update your Honda navigation system must not be turned off. Therefore, the engine must be running while the vehicle is parked outside or in a well-ventilated area. Before getting started, familiarise yourself with and follow all applicable laws in your area. Please contact your dealer with any questions or concerns.

6. You arer Done. Enjoy....!!!

20180520_104253.jpg

 

I tried this for Honda CRV 2018 model which originally only have Australia & Newzealand map only.

But I couldn't get the Sri Lanka map working.

Do you need a sri lanka map pre-installed to use this? 

Can you please explain more.......

 

Edited by Susith007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When you go to My Maps section on your navigation can you see the Sri Lanka map? You need to activate the map you wanted to display on navigation.

Edited by Hungry_Minder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hungry_Minder said:

When you go to My Maps section on your navigation can you see the Sri Lanka map? You need to activate the map you wanted to display on navigation.

Yes I see the Sri Lanka map in myMaps section. I clicked on the check box and got the "right mark" also. How to activate the map ? Please explain more.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, Hungry_Minder said:

When you go to My Maps section on your navigation can you see the Sri Lanka map? You need to activate the map you wanted to display on navigation.

Yes I see the Sri Lanka map in myMaps section. I clicked on the check box and got the "right mark" also. How to activate the map ? Please explain more.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 6:26 AM, Dananjaya Thennakoon said:

Oh!!! This means you cannot use the same pen drive for other cars, not the map file.

The Sri Lanka Map that I have provided here is a common one and can be used with any Garmin device. But once you created the pen drive as follows it become a unique pen drive only suitable for the car that you copy information as step 1.

In step 1: When you plug the pen drive to the car some unique information is written to the pen drive. Gamin express identifies and prepares the pen drive based on that information.

Don’t try the same “Pen Drive” to another car (Not the Sri Lanka map img file. This can be copied and replaced to any pen drive)

I tried this for Honda CRV 2018 model which originally only have Australia & Newzealand map only.

But I couldn't get the Sri Lanka map working.

Do you need a sri lanka map pre-installed to use this? 

Can you please explain more.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, Hungry_Minder said:

When you go to My Maps section on your navigation can you see the Sri Lanka map? You need to activate the map you wanted to display on navigation.

Sorry for the late reply Susith007.

I have downloaded the map but I didn't have time to update it yet.

Seems Dananajaya has successful update the map on his Civic.I am sure CRV should have the same navigation system.I think he is the best person to give us a hint on this.

Once I done the update on my Civic I will update this thread again.

Did you try to put the USB stick and open the navigation? As you have mentioned you can see the SL map installed  (tick off all the other maps and only activate SL map) and it might required the pen drive to read the map.I am not sure about this but I am just guessing based on your comment above.

Again I am not an expert in this but I am also keen to know how to update the SL map.So please take responsibility yourself when follow my/our/internet instructions.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 10:26 AM, Hungry_Minder said:

Sorry for the late reply Susith007.

I have downloaded the map but I didn't have time to update it yet.

Seems Dananajaya has successful update the map on his Civic.I am sure CRV should have the same navigation system.I think he is the best person to give us a hint on this.

Once I done the update on my Civic I will update this thread again.

Did you try to put the USB stick and open the navigation? As you have mentioned you can see the SL map installed  (tick off all the other maps and only activate SL map) and it might required the pen drive to read the map.I am not sure about this but I am just guessing based on your comment above.

Again I am not an expert in this but I am also keen to know how to update the SL map.So please take responsibility yourself when follow my/our/internet instructions.

Thanks

9

Thank you for responding to me.

Dananjaya has is not responding to me so I am stuck !!!

I tried several times to put Sri Lanka map but I failed........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 6:16 PM, Susith007 said:

Thank you for responding to me.

Dananjaya has is not responding to me so I am stuck !!!

I tried several times to put Sri Lanka map but I failed........

Sorry for the delay in replying. Was a bit busy and couldn't come here for sometime.

Ok.. well... I have no experience In CRV system. (Honda Vezel 2018 has a different system and this won't work on that) But I hope it has the same system. 

If you have done the update exactly same as the instructions given, it should work. 

There is no need of having Sri Lanka map preinstalled. This process is for installing the Sri Lanka map.

I had only UK map in my Civic. Now I have both Sri Lanka and UK maps. Activate means “selecting Sri Lanka map by ticking it”

If you are near or passing by Kirulapone  I may be able to help you. (If so Please bring the USB stick following 1stand 2ndsteps. 

 1. 

On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts until instructions to “continue the update process” on this website appear.

Please note that after pressing “Update Map”, you must wait at least 1 minute before unplugging the USB drive from the USB port.

2. 

Plug the USB drive into your computer and follow prompts on Garmin Express. Garmin Express will verify if there is a new map update available. Download https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express

Note: The map download time varies based on Internet connection speed and map region.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dananjaya Thennakoon said:

Sorry for the delay in replying. Was a bit busy and couldn't come here for sometime.

Ok.. well... I have no experience In CRV system. (Honda Vezel 2018 has a different system and this won't work on that) But I hope it has the same system. 

If you have done the update exactly same as the instructions given, it should work. 

There is no need of having Sri Lanka map preinstalled. This process is for installing the Sri Lanka map.

I had only UK map in my Civic. Now I have both Sri Lanka and UK maps. Activate means “selecting Sri Lanka map by ticking it”

If you are near or passing by Kirulapone  I may be able to help you. (If so Please bring the USB stick following 1stand 2ndsteps. 

 1. 

On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts until instructions to “continue the update process” on this website appear.

Please note that after pressing “Update Map”, you must wait at least 1 minute before unplugging the USB drive from the USB port.

2. 

Plug the USB drive into your computer and follow prompts on Garmin Express. Garmin Express will verify if there is a new map update available. Download https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express

Note: The map download time varies based on Internet connection speed and map region.

Thank you so much for your reply..

My problem was that after the update (I successfully completed all your 5 steps) myMaps shows the sri lanka map as "GMap Tool All" (It doesn't say Sri Lanka) in duplicate. When I select both of them or single the map only shows "southern express way " only in the map.

Can you please explain why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the steps I have followed. 

1. USB Stick preparation

IMAG0666.thumb.jpg.0eb952d15e06cbb4d48c9b9354f0d5fd.jpg

IMAG0667.thumb.jpg.fe7401a9202dff913dfe8cd05ab15233.jpg

2. Update from USB

IMAG0671.thumb.jpg.9621bd6d51bd7d8fb182426e7dd7d7cc.jpg

3. Successful update

IMAG0673.thumb.jpg.98a9afad3dde4da2ab88877eda530e6b.jpg

4. myMaps screen

IMAG0674.thumb.jpg.19ae5a3d56bf3426e958c7c7f643e2f3.jpg

5. myMap selected all

IMAG0677.thumb.jpg.0a1c8c89223a7d4c7120314b0012e172.jpg

6. This is all I see. Only the Highway

IMAG0678.thumb.jpg.83c79510c29b8001f4bb62ef98d9441c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

As I promised you guys I have done the map update successfully and sorry I couldn't make a video.I supposed to record a video and realized that I haven't pressed the record button.My bad :(

Honda Civic 2018

Here are the pictures I took while updating the map.Just to tell you guys it didnt take about 5-8 minutes to update the whole map.

Process is very simple and straightforward.One thing I personally dont really like the map but for now its ok.

I have tested the map and it works great.It has almost all the places and it can show parking spots as well.

Any questions feel free to ask :) I will try to answer my best.

IMG_5360.JPG

IMG_5352.JPG

IMG_5356.JPG

IMG_5358.JPG

IMG_5359.JPG

Edited by Hungry_Minder
Update about map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

I'm using a 1000cc Civic Hatchback 2018 SR. I do update my Gamin navigator using the method you guys mentioned. Everything went well and I managed to update maps with Garmin version 2018.0. However, this system updates only European maps. I think the system in my vehicle is locked for European maps only. Any idea of overcoming this issue. I appreciate your comments/suggestions very much.

Best,

Lasantha

 

 

Garmin.jpg

IMG_20180803_100332.jpg

3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Civic las said:

Hi All,

I'm using a 1000cc Civic Hatchback 2018 SR. I do update my Gamin navigator using the method you guys mentioned. Everything went well and I managed to update maps with Garmin version 2018.0. However, this system updates only European maps. I think the system in my vehicle is locked for European maps only. Any idea of overcoming this issue. I appreciate your comments/suggestions very much.

Best,

Lasantha

 

 

Garmin.jpg

IMG_20180803_100332.jpg

3.png

Shouldn't be the case.I have updated my civic 2018 and followed the same.

Ah I know the reason.

Once you updated your map replace that with SL map.This will fool the system and let you install the SL map without any issue.I did the same and worked :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×