Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

B2Spirit

Garmin Gps Maps For Sri Lanka

Recommended Posts

Thank you for your prompt reply!!!!

How can I replace the map with SL map? kindly help me.

Thanks and Best,

Lasantha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot Hungry Minder!! what you mentioned is true. It fools the system and let me install the SL map. Maps works pretty good. I love the feature that shows nearby restaurants, petrol stations etc :-)

Thanks a lot and I appreciate your help and support very much. Keep up the good work!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 6:28 PM, Insedious said:

Tried. Does not work (for now). The head unit has the map for Europe hard coded in it. Even if you add the SL map for garmin (from OSM) it got ignored. 

Continuing research. Here's a link the complete comment I made in a separate thread.

 

I mange to install it in my Civic 2018 SR UK 1000cc hatchback. I just follow the method suggested by Hungry Minder. It works very well. Thumbs up for Hungry Minder who helped me over the phone as well.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With apple carplay allowing google maps and android auto navigation providers will no longer be required i guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Civic las said:

Thanks a lot Hungry Minder!! what you mentioned is true. It fools the system and let me install the SL map. Maps works pretty good. I love the feature that shows nearby restaurants, petrol stations etc 🙂

Thanks a lot and I appreciate your help and support very much. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks Lasantha and happy that I could able to help you :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2018 at 12:55 PM, Hungry_Minder said:

Hi Guys,

As I promised you guys I have done the map update successfully and sorry I couldn't make a video.I supposed to record a video and realized that I haven't pressed the record button.My bad :(

Honda Civic 2018

Here are the pictures I took while updating the map.Just to tell you guys it didnt take about 5-8 minutes to update the whole map.

Process is very simple and straightforward.One thing I personally dont really like the map but for now its ok.

I have tested the map and it works great.It has almost all the places and it can show parking spots as well.

Any questions feel free to ask :) I will try to answer my best.

IMG_5360.JPG

IMG_5352.JPG

IMG_5356.JPG

IMG_5358.JPG

IMG_5359.JPG

Its true that the POIs are working....

But my question is does the system show the map?? In your 1st picture, it shows only the route in a green background?

Where are the roads?

That is my problem too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Susith007 said:

Its true that the POIs are working....

But my question is does the system show the map?? In your 1st picture, it shows only the route in a green background?

Where are the roads?

That is my problem too

It works perfectly.

Regarding the first pic, As soon as I updated the map I took this picture.

You cannot expect a map like in Audi.That is the reason why I have made a comment that I dont personally like the map but it is ok and works great.

Your issue seems different @Susith007 I have no idea why it shows on Southern Highway.Where did you get the Sri Lankan map? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 8:47 PM, Hungry_Minder said:

It works perfectly.

Regarding the first pic, As soon as I updated the map I took this picture.

You cannot expect a map like in Audi.That is the reason why I have made a comment that I dont personally like the map but it is ok and works great.

Your issue seems different @Susith007 I have no idea why it shows on Southern Highway.Where did you get the Sri Lankan map? 

 

Its the same map in this forum I installed.

I got the screens as I have posted above and finally the map shows southern highway only as a road. Rest is blank. But I can search for POIs and get the navigation yet in a blank road-less map with route as you have shown in the picture. But I want a map with all the roads shown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Susith007 said:

Its the same map in this forum I installed.

I got the screens as I have posted above and finally the map shows southern highway only as a road. Rest is blank. But I can search for POIs and get the navigation yet in a blank road-less map with route as you have shown in the picture. But I want a map with all the roads shown

My map has all the roads, petrol sheds, parking spots, hotels...etc

Do you think that Civic navigation system and CRV navigation system is same? If so above method should work.

When you search for a place, ex: WTC and start navigating what will be shown in the map? It should start navigating and places around you (hotels, fuel stations) will appear in the map.Did you try to drive about few hundred meters to see how the map is working?

Edited by Hungry_Minder
spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×