• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Kei

Maheshdbr

ya. got one.

its just super.

with 660cc turbo engine and 4wd. super ground clearence, excelent handling, superb fuel economy. its just ඥාව්.

only downside is 660cc engine. but if its only 1-2 pearsons it's not an issue. but if you fully load you will feel its underpowered (only if you are using with AC)

alto is not even slightly close to this.

• 1 month later...
I would really appreciate if iRage could answer this. He has a lot of experience with kei cars in Japan.

Sorry I know nothing about kei cars. I have only driven the following:

- Suzuki MR Wagon : old one with a busted gearbox belonging to my sis-in-law

- Suzuki Alto : new one which was bought after trading in the above

- Suzuki Cervo (Turbo charged) : which is what my mechanic gives when my car goes in for a service.

These cars were quite zippy around town and the Turbo charged one was actually pretty fun to drive. Granted I have never had the opportunity to do more than 60 in one. Going up hill...again I was able to keep up with traffic (don't remember ever getting the chance to do or doing more than 50 or 60...I easily do 70/80 on my own cars)

I have been a passenger in my aunt-in-law's MiEV on the highway where she was doing 115ish kmph almost all the way through...

1) the engine was screaming like hell !

2) I was about to $h!t in my pants because I swear the thing was just floating in air rather than actually staying on the road most of the time.

General observations on the highway...these things zip by and when hitting a slight incline tends to slow down a bit and then gets zipping again on the flat or decline.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Suzuki Japanese Alto 2015(Chassis-HA36S).One of Kei car

Most fuel efficient non hybrid petrol car in the world.

JC08 fuel consumption is 37km/L for 2WD CVT.(http://www.suzuki.co.jp/car/alto/) (Open this link with Google chrome.It translates most of Japanease to English)

L grade 2WD car is Rs 24 laks with tax.(if you personally import)

May I know what do you expect by posting same thing on different threads?

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16668-buying-an-entry-level-car/page-2#entry280896

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16668-buying-an-entry-level-car/page-2

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16576-suzuki-kei/

Bro, Please kindly stop digging old threads and posting same thing.

Is this a garilla marketing by someone who imported an Alto 2015 and now on for sale?

So called Fuel Economies are dreams when they are at work hear? (Specially when A/C switched on in city traffic)

(Previously I owned a brand new Japanese Alto)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

You have misunderstood.I have interested in buying this vehicle and I browsed through internet couple of months and got some knowledge about Suzuki Japanese Alto 2015.Then I distributed that knowledge.That's only,I have no vehicle to sell.

You have to realize that the manufacturers' posted fuel efficiency figures in any car cannot be 100% replicated in the real world.

You have misunderstood.I have interested in buying this vehicle and I browsed through internet couple of months and got some knowledge about Suzuki Japanese Alto 2015.Then I distributed that knowledge.That's only,I have no vehicle to sell.

It'll be better if you 'distribute' your knowledge when its needed....not by bring up old threads

• 2 years later...
I am generally happy with my KEI, It has a 650CC engine but I have my following options In case if I need  higher Engine power.

1. Turn off O/D (over Drive)
2. Turn off the A/C
3. Run in 2 Gear
4. Run in L Gear

IMG_20180616_123531025.jpg

2 minutes ago, Senasum said:

I am generally happy with my KEI, It has a 650CC engine but I have my following options In case if I need  higher Engine power.

1. Turn off O/D (over Drive)
2. Turn off the A/C
3. Run in 2 Gear
4. Run in L Gear

I've driven a Kei a couple of times and acceleration was very sluggish. It's due to the small engine. However, if you haven't done any routine maintenance in a while (engine tune-up, ATF oil change etc.) it's probably time. What's the mileage of the car?

12 hours ago, Davy said:

I've driven a Kei a couple of times and acceleration was very sluggish. It's due to the small engine. However, if you haven't done any routine maintenance in a while (engine tune-up, ATF oil change etc.) it's probably time. What's the mileage of the car?

14 hours ago, Senasum said:

At what mileage was the most recent tune up and ATF oil change done? If it was within the last 20,000km or so, what was involved in the tune-up (was the air filter replaced? were injectors and throttle body cleaned up? spark plugs cleaned/replaced?)

EDIT: Sorry, misunderstood your post for a question.

Edited by Davy

14 hours ago, Davy said:

I don't think he is actually saying that there is anything wrong with his car  Just stating what he does if/when he wants to squeeze out the last few ounces of HP out of the little gerbil :D Perhaps ?

Kei cars have a very narrow power/torque band low down in the rev range and for the most part the torque is quite low in NA engines (on average about 60ish N.m). So they start moving off from a stand still quite normally and then slug down in no time. This is one my biggest peeves of driving behind one in the city. When starting off from a traffic light they pull away whilst the Corolla wagon is still coming to life....and then all of a sudden the damn things puffs out and don't move so I have to slow down with no where to go. Thankfully most of them now have Turbo options which seem to be getting quite popular and are a lot lot better.

Its always interesting to see how people in SL use kei cars..they are so gentle and soft with them compared to their Japanese counterparts (Same goes with Hybrids) So typically a low mileage kei car in Japan has had a very hard life :P 

2 minutes ago, iRage said:

I don't think he is actually saying that there is anything wrong with his car  Just stating what he does if/when he wants to squeeze out the last few ounces of HP out of the little gerbil :D Perhaps ?

Looking back at that post. You maybe right. I thought he was asking why he had to do all that to squeeze power out of the car.