• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Luxury Tax - Toyota Harrier

sudarsan

Hi friends,

Recently I brought Toyota Harrier Hybride vehicle with 2500 cc petrol engine(AVU65). At the the registration they charged me 130000LKR as luxury tax. But one of my friend got 3000 cc diesel hybride (Benz) & he told me they didnt charged any luxury tax on it because of Hybride vehicle.

1. Is hybride vehicles are free of this luxury taxes?

2. My registration book dosent show any hybride/electric details. it says petrol. is it correct?

Please be kind to explain me.... Thanks

Hi friends,

Recently I brought Toyota Harrier Hybride vehicle with 2500 cc petrol engine(AVU65). At the the registration they charged me 130000LKR as luxury tax. But one of my friend got 3000 cc diesel hybride (Benz) & he told me they didnt charged any luxury tax on it because of Hybride vehicle.

1. Is hybride vehicles are free of this luxury taxes?

2. My registration book dosent show any hybride/electric details. it says petrol. is it correct?

Please be kind to explain me.... Thanks

We have two hybrid cars of same kind, one reg. book says its a hybrid and the other says patrol, (although it is also a hybrid). the one which mentioned as hybrid doesnt require emmission test to renew the rev.license, for the other we have to get the test report every year. better check your and get it corrected.

New Toyota Harrier is 2500CC (actually ~2490CC) petrol engine and is subject to full luxury taxes

New Merc E300 (if I assume right) is not 3000CC but 2200CC (actually ~2190CC) deisel engine and not subject to any luxury taxes as the semi luxury tax cutoff for deisel engines is 2200CC (note that Merc E220, E250, E300 all are the same 4 cylinder deisel engine but with tuned diffrerntly (+ electric motor in the case of hybrid) to produce different BHP & Torque according to the model name - applicable for the C class as well)

If my memory serves me right, petrol semi luxury taxes are from 1800CC to 2199CC and above 2200CC it is full luxury tax. Deisel semi luxury taxes are from 2200CC to 3000CC (I am not sure about the upper limit here) and above 3000CC it is full luxury tax (I am sure some search will be helpful to find the accuracy)

• Like 1

Luxury Tax

Diesel Motor Cars exceeding 2500 cc

and

Petrol Motor Cars exceeding 2000 cc

Semi Luxury Tax

Diesel Motor Cars from 2201 to 2500 or Diesel Jeeps exceeding 2200 cc

and

Petrol Cars from 1801 to 2000 cc or Petrol Jeeps exceeding 1800 cc

Semi Luxury Tax (Dual Purpose)

Diesel Cabs exceeding 2200 cc

and