• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kobe Shock Absorbers

simpleone

Question

9 answers to this question

Does anyone have experience with Kobe shock absorbers? All advices are on Tokiko and KYB.

Thanks

Personally I would not buy anything other than KYB or Tokiko unless the originals on the car was of a different brand. I'm told Showa is OEM for newer Honda's and European cars obviously use different manufacturers sometimes. This is the first time I've heard of Kobe shocks.

Whats your car?

Its a Mazda Familia. There is only one reference in the forum for Kobe. Cost wise its low (7k as per a shock basunnahe) but there could be adverse effects coupled. My google search says this could be from India and there is a Sri Lanka agency.

When it comes to shocks, don't go el cheapo because it affects so many other components.

Personally if I was you, I would go to Panchi and to an authorised dealer of KYB and haggle on price. They can give you fairly good discounts. I got 4 shocks replaced in my Mitsubishi (KYB hydraulic shocks, original Japanese) for around the 40K mark direct from the KYB agent, though I'm told you can get a better discount through their dealers.

When it comes to shocks, don't go el cheapo because it affects so many other components.

Personally if I was you, I would go to Panchi and to an authorised dealer of KYB and haggle on price. They can give you fairly good discounts. I got 4 shocks replaced in my Mitsubishi (KYB hydraulic shocks, original Japanese) for around the 40K mark direct from the KYB agent, though I'm told you can get a better discount through their dealer

Was looking for KYBs for the Alfa, and though the website for KYB clearly gives full spec and ref numbers of the matching KYB part, TAAS was not carrying it with them and was not keen on getting them down too despite me offering to pay up front.

Instead I ordered all 4 shocks, mounts, bearings, bump stops, dust boots and all from Bilstein in Germany for less than 60K... :) They wanted to throw in a set of Eibach lowering springs for a special price but that was too much of a drop for local driving conditions. (40mm)

Sometimes its cheaper to bring them down than waste time and money looking for what you want here.

Also the puk part of some of our dealers and experts are not worth the trouble.

Edited by VVTi

So how much did you pay tax ?

Goods in transit still. Even if I pay the government stipulated tax, its still cheaper than buying from the local monkeys. And I'd rather pay the full tax to the government than line the pocket of a dishonest trader who makes 100% markup on CIF, all with a smile and the assurance of undying friendship... :)