• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight Battery Price

RRokz

10 hours ago, chathuranga.s said:

Serviced the car last week and asked them to do the scan. They told its not required since the car is performing aright.

Got to know since hybrid hub people are specialized on hybrids, just thought of visiting them to see what they deliver

If you really must to the check, pay Stafford Rs. 4000 and ask them to do the IMA/Powertrain checkup. You will see the usable capacity listed in the report.

Don't take the car to random places. Take it to a place where they have an up to date Honda Diagnostic System. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

What's the issue now? The agent says the car is OK but you are looking for someone else to find a fault with it. What's the logic behind all this?

Dear Rumesh,

The usable capacity of the ima was only 51% two years before and I have noticed the battery lever drop around 2 bars suddenly when going uphill at times.

Since I have no idea on the current status just thought of scanning.

9 hours ago, chathuranga.s said:

Dear Rumesh,

The usable capacity of the ima was only 51% two years before and I have noticed the battery lever drop around 2 bars suddenly when going uphill at times.

Since I have no idea on the current status just thought of scanning.

In that case get the battery packs tested as ramishkad advised above. What you experience could be due to imbalance of cells. You will get an error code once the battery goes below 1/3 of the capacity the battery had when it left the factory. But you may never get this indication when one battery stick goes down while all others are good. If you suspect an issue it is not a good idea to use the car but get it checked and rectified as soon as possible because as you continue to use the car with one or more bad cells even the good cells would begin to deteriorate. Either cells should be equalized (cannot guarantee the success rate) or bad cells replaced. 

On 12/13/2016 at 9:12 AM, chathuranga.s said:

Hi Crishan,

The car was maintained through Stafford for the last 3 1/2 years since I bought it un registered. Did a scan around 2 years before and the usable capacity was 51%

what's the YOM and mileage?

• 4 months later...
On 12/31/2014 at 9:03 PM, ramishkad said:

Haha. Good to hear they at least respected some claims. Hopefully when times comes to replace my battery I can give it a shot too, although knowing Stafford i dont have high hopes :D

The original Honda warranty for a hybrid battery is 8 years and 150000 miles as i remember. I wish they had it in SL for imported units.

Hi @ramishkad,

Is this valid for now? I have civic hybrid imported from japan and Can I get battery free if i need to replace before 8 years ? 

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎13 at 6:58 PM, chathuranga.s said:

The usable capacity of the ima was only 51% two years before

is this normal for a Japanese vehicle only 2years old in 2014?

it seems European automakers consider that less than 75% capacity is not sufficient anymore for automotive use.

http://myrenaultzoe.com/index.php/2017/04/renault-optimizes-the-lifecycle-of-its-electric-vehicle-batteries/

Edited by ajm

On 20/04/2017 at 2:27 AM, ajm said:

is this normal for a Japanese vehicle only 2years old in 2014?

it seems European automakers consider that less than 75% capacity is not sufficient anymore for automotive use.

http://myrenaultzoe.com/index.php/2017/04/renault-optimizes-the-lifecycle-of-its-electric-vehicle-batteries/

I think this statement was for Renault electric vehicles. Was maintaining the fit through agents for the last 3 1/2 years or so but it sound to be normal.

9 hours ago, chathuranga.s said:

Was maintaining the fit through agents

Renault=Nissan because its same group since 2000. Either their Norm is stricter than Stafford or the Stafford are taking it easy on the battery test. Many Honda vehicles in US seems to have battery weakness issues which are fortunately repaired by warranty there,if you google will find many reports.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_honda_civic_customer_letter.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_honda_civic_reflash_notice.jpg

Edited by ajm

The battery technology in the early generations of Honda Hybrids were not as advanced as the ones in the Toyota Hybrids. Individual cell charge management is not as complicated/efficient, and this may cause shorter life. The battery cells themselves look like a line of D batteries stuck together and the entire bttery pack is quite bulky, whereas the Toyota ones are custom made to save space and improve efficiency. This design in early Honda batterys causes the middle cells to get overheated with the provided cooling solution

As a majority of the insights and Civic FD3s running in Lanka are made for the moderate UK/Japanese climates, they will wear out faster in stop and go type traffic which we have here. Also, a known issue is in the amount of cooling available for Honda hybrid batterys which does not suit our climate. Thorough regular checks will be needed and these batterys should be professionally attended to if one is to prolong their useful life. i would highly recommend a trip to the Honda Agent or someone with proper credentials to carry out these checks

Edited by rukmaldk