• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Second Hand Honda Fit Hybrid

Smartsanja

Question

I have Toyota Passo 2007 car and planing to sell it and buy Honda FIT Hybrid. Since my maximum budget is around 2.7 M, I can only go for a send hand car. I have seen lot of 2010 and 2011 Honda Fit Hybrids advertised on various web sites for a long period, but they couldn't sell those yet. Does that means "Going for a second hand Honda FIT Hybrid" is not a wise thing to do?

Second thing I want to know is, "I heard that honda fit hybrid 2010 first gen models have some issues, is that true?"

Third thing "Is it advisable to buy a car with more than 50000Km millage?"

Kindly give your thoughts,

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I have Toyota Passo 2007 car and planing to sell it and buy Honda FIT Hybrid. Since my maximum budget is around 2.7 M, I can only go for a send hand car. I have seen lot of 2010 and 2011 Honda Fit Hybrids advertised on various web sites for a long period, but they couldn't sell those yet. Does that means "Going for a second hand Honda FIT Hybrid" is not a wise thing to do?

Second thing I want to know is, "I heard that honda fit hybrid 2010 first gen models have some issues, is that true?"

Thanks

I cant comment on the second hand market and resale-ability after you buy it because im not interested nor informed about those areas. However, if you are buying it second hand, check the condition of the hybrid battery. Get the scan done from Stafford and in the scan report, there will be a parameter called "high voltage battery usable capacity". Maximum value for this is 75%. Anything below 25-20% would mean the battery is bad and will require replacing soon. Get one with a higher usable capacity or budget for a new battery/adjust price. I have not heard of 2010 models having factory issues though. I may be wrong.

Thanks

Who says there are issues? Did a fit owner him self commented? As ramishkad has said, go the Stafford and get the battery + car checked. Might cost 5K. Call them and find out.