• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4Wd For 2 Million

Hpmt

Question

I am planning to buy a 4WD as a second vehical. Fuel consumption is not a problem. Should be a good off road vehicle that can be used inside national park roads.

I searched and found only Double Cabs (Hilux, L200, Nissan) and Nissan X-trail (2000) as only options. But I doubt whether X-trail can be used for serious off roading.

I am afraid an old double cab may give me a trouble middle of nowhere.

What will be the best bet. Can anybody suggest me a better option?

My idea as per below, basically SURF with different grades

SSR-V no red door lights and the spare wheel mount under the body

SSR-X

SSR-X Limited (For sure you get the recaro interior + red door lamps on this model and the back door mounted spare wheel) i have seen the adjustable shocks only on this model and the SSR-G model not with the other two

SSR-G Privacy glass 2 tone paint winter pack and a double battery is a must on G grade

not sure the adjustable shocks is from TEMS but its only with the SSR-X Ltd and SSR-G

regards

JC

What is the advantage of the dual battery setup?

What i found with duel batt model comes with the Winter package, so this got heated fuel line, back passanger heaters + some more options

- and i found its easy to start may be coz of the Amp is higher than the single batt setup

regards

JC

On a standard vehicle not that much but soon as you start putting in ancillary equipment such a running lights, spots, coolers even a winch the dual batt will definitely be useful. i had a 91 nissan never broke down or gave me trouble until i sold it last september it was a TD27 engine which is slightly less underpowered but if you can get your hands on the turbo version your soughted.

The TD27 is the best Diesel engine Nissan ever made. Even used to power London Taxis and I've never heard a bad word about it.

if i said whole TD and SD series i think you will agree with me, as we have to include the bullet prof TD42 and SD22, 23 but not the CD series

if i said whole TD and SD series i think you will agree with me, as we have to include the bullet prof TD42 and SD22, 23 but not the CD series

thats is true they are built rock solid my previous SD25 had 540K clocked and never missed a beat and my subsequent TD27 had 320K+ with the same top notch condition.

agree fully on the SD and Td engines,

Datsun 720 - it had a SD23 engine and even when the enginee was under compression it use to run

Isuzu 4Jb1 - 240K mileage and good economy and power

D21 with TD 27 turbo - when i sold the pickup it had run 375K + and didnt have any issues

Y60 Patrol with TD42 ran 500K+ mileage with a little oil Burning, but didnt have any issues with morning Start

Y61 Patrol with TD42 260K and still counting with out any issues

I hope the above model MU is with the DOCH 16V 4JX1 engine? if you search you will get nice feedback about this engine, I am prefer to use this engine but MU with 4JG2 or 4JB1 is a rock solid truck for money

regards

JC

It had a 4JG2 which was a pain, and caused endless issues. Even the agents Sathosa said it was a failed model and couldn't fix it. Plopped in the 2.8 intercooler engine and much happier now.

Edited by Pericles

4JG2 3.1D or 4JX1 DOCH 3.0 per my knowledge this is with 4JX1, which is the problematic model. Had 5-6 Horns with 4JG2 and except for 1 i had no issues with the rest. but anyway i like the 2.8 motor but make sure you maintain the cooling system well.

Good luck mate

regards

JC

4JG2 3.1D or 4JX1 DOCH 3.0 per my knowledge this is with 4JX1, which is the problematic model. Had 5-6 Horns with 4JG2 and except for 1 i had no issues with the rest. but anyway i like the 2.8 motor but make sure you maintain the cooling system well.

Good luck mate

regards

JC

3.0L NA. Rechecked, was a 4JX1.

Thanks :) It is providing the occasional gremlin but managing to go on.