• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Or Suv Around 2.8Mn To 3.0Mn

Punisher

Question

Hey guys,

a little help in selecting a SUV or a Car around 2.8Mn to 3.0Mn range which is averagely reliable and fun to drive. Fuel economy i wont mind in the range of 7-8KMpL around Colombo. Hoping to buy for daily office travel plus a little adventure here and there around the country too

Im absolutely clueless on what to select so its open for opinions

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Before anyone starts posting about Toyota Corolla 121, let me pre-empt and say that its NOT fun to drive. It's not averagely reliable either... its highly reliable so doesn't meet both criteria :)

For Cars, may I suggest

Honda Civic ES-series or FD1 (not sure if FD1s fall within your budget)

Kia Cerato (2010 or later)... being an owner of one, I highly recommend it. Very nippy car and gives good handling.

Toyota Verossa (may do around 6kmpl)

Early 2000's BMW 320d/Audi A4

Alfa Romeo 159 ... if you can find one.... Alfas do give a new meaning to 'reliability'

SUVs:

2008 or so Hyundai Tucson or Kia Sportage... most likely you can find a diesel one

2004/05 Kia Sorento diesel

Suzuki Grand Vitara

Before anyone starts posting about Toyota Corolla 121, let me pre-empt and say that its NOT fun to drive. It's not averagely reliable either... its highly reliable so doesn't meet both criteria :)

For Cars, may I suggest

Kia Cerato (2010 or later)... being an owner of one, I highly recommend it. Very nippy car and gives good handling.

Alfa Romeo 159 ... if you can find one.... Alfas do give a new meaning to 'reliability'

SUVs:

2008 or so Hyundai Tucson or Kia Sportage... most likely you can find a diesel one

Suzuki Grand Vitara

May I add, a well Maintained X-Trail, as for fun, find a X-trail GT (SR20VET), pulls damn well with of course poor economy

Edited by tiv

For Cars, may I suggest

SUVs:

Suzuki Grand Vitara

What are your thoughts on the Subaru Legacy B4?

For Cars, may I suggest

FD1 should fall within his budget. A 2006 FD1 goes for around 2.8mn and 2008 FD1 goes for 3.0-3.2mn

Hey Guys, Im looking at options and came across few, currently i drive a Pajero so im wondering if i can get use to a car also :sad-smiley-067:

any thoughts for these... couldnt find any Sorento Diesel ones out there currently for sale though (plus my mechanic is not happy with them)

:smilie_liebe9: X-Trail 2004/5

:speechless-smiley-019: BMW E46/ E39

:music-smiley-001: Mazda Axela 2007

:sleeping-smiley-008: Civic ES5

:speechless-smiley-020: Peugeot 407

:sport-smiley-027: Toyota Altezza (not sure how this will work out)

If it was left for me, it would be the E46, but be prepared to do all maintenance on time. If you are risk-aversive, go for the Axela. Seriously its a pleasurable car to drive.

3 mill is way too high for an ES5. Altezzas are no more in fashion so the high asking prices will not be met now. X-trail won't do the 7-8kmpl that you expect. 407s do give the sense of luxury but it will always be a gamble...