• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Bang For The Buck Tower Speaker System

LKRoadster

Hi!!!

i'm looking on the web for some places to visit to buy a tower speaker pair,

i'm not a audiophile , just a average joe but looking for something thats inexpensive and of good quality in build and sound

i've seen them innovex IAS-001 at a showroom , but wasn't able to listen to it.
it looks okay, i dont like those hifi systems that has crazy physical designs,..but this looks a bit minimalistic,

any other places to look out for

i'm not looking for a 5.1 system . just a pair of decently powerful speakers... it's for home entertainment not for pc

any pointers with links would be nice..

Thanks in advance

post-68930-0-81283700-1419322993_thumb.j

Innovex? Nah. Go to a place that sells used speakers imported from Japan or Australia (such as Crown or its many equivalents). Look for a pair in decent cosmetic condition (focus especially on the condition of the drivers), and search for any signs of repairs (usually a tampered dust cap is a dead giveaway). Take a smartphone or a tab with you, and look up the specs, and if time permits, a quick overview of the model on the net. Look for a brand that is generally well known - such as JBL, Pioneer, Kenwood, Jamo, even Sony. Some of the more exotic sounding brands available at these shops are actually "white van speakers" without any audio pedigree whatsoever. Hook them up to a powerful amp and crank up the volume to see if they work well.

I was also looking for an inexpensive decent pair of tower speakers to hook up to a home theater receiver and ended up buying a pair of Accusound (its an Australian brand) tower speakers for around 10K from an importer of general junk from Australia. That, was the best 10K I've spent on a electronic device so far.

If you are interested in buying brand new, check out Yamaha Music Center. Yamaha's are quite good, and they are fairly decent priced. Abans sells JBL and Infiniti speakers, but I don't think they have a lot of models to chose from.

Edited by kirala2

If you like a low profile , try altec lansing, a 2.1 designed for Pc , it has RCA ports. Pc models are feasible due to their prices but in terms of quality and lifetime they make their mark.

These aren't regular towers mind you.

If you like a low profile , try altec lansing, a 2.1 designed for Pc , it has RCA ports. Pc models are feasible due to their prices but in terms of quality and lifetime they make their mark.

These aren't regular towers mind you.

I totally agree. I also used Altec Lansing and was very happy with it. But when i searched for them around 2007-2008 for a friend of mine not a single shop in Unity plaza had Altec Lansing MX 5021 2.1.. Even for TV this is very good for a small room (like bed room).

mx5021.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for your valuable feedback,

there is this shop in maharagama that sells yamaha goods, it's between maharagama odel and singer electronic store

went there just check their products..

bought a Behringer sound system , it wasn't cheap though

it had aux input so it's a great option to use karaoke with...