• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel - Auto Lowering Mirror Is Not Working

ans

Hi,

I brought a vezel (Z grade) recently. But i dont see mirror is auto lowering when reverse.

Can anybody please help me. Is it an optional feature?

Thanks!

Feature might have been disabled by the built in menus, Similar scenario for Audis, but Vezels run a Jap interface is it?

Jeez.... the problems people buy for 5 million.... :)

You can say that again. I'm in the same boat with an Axio trying to understand katakana and hiragana. It is time for the OEMs to include a booklet of Nihongo No Kiso 1 when delivering JDMs :D

You can say that again. I'm in the same boat with an Axio trying to understand katakana and hiragana. It is time for the OEMs to include a booklet of Nihongo No Kiso 1 when delivering JDMs :D

What next? An automatic arse washer for all our Vezel owners?

. It is time for the OEMs to include a booklet of Nihongo No Kiso 1 when delivering JDMs :D

Oh deary me....when some car dealer sees this they are going to increase the price for including a translated user manual :) let's see...it is roughly Rs. 3000 a page for translation by a registered translator, Rs 1000 or so for an ordinary person...Hmmm...

Forget Sri Lankans, it seems Japs themselves cant understand... I once asked my Manager who is a Jap about the instructions written on the Subie gear console, he scratched his head and said Not sure... LOL!

It was a truly WTF moment.

Your average Vezel driver if finding himself on a broken Escalator might wait for the repair crew to come fix it before 'moving'... :)

..and by the way... looks like they have discovered what is a standard feature on many BMWs, Audis, Alfas and Mercs that has been there since Chandrika's times... :)

• Like 1

Hi Thanks Guys! interesting comments :)

Ill try what naheelja has suggests.. :)

Again i'm not sure how the cruise should work. Seems just click on the cruise button doesn't maintain the vehicle in same speed. Any toughs? :rolleyes:

When you're in the relevant speed, first press the 'cruise' button and then press 'set' button. Then it'll continue that speed. If you want to cancel or change that speed, you can press the 'res' button and again set it in a new speed.

Your average Vezel driver if finding himself on a broken Escalator might wait for the repair crew to come fix it before 'moving'... :)

..and by the way... looks like they have discovered what is a standard feature on many BMWs, Audis, Alfas and Mercs that has been there since Chandrika's times... :)

This is how the usual conversation with chaps in office these days...

Vezel Buyer: Machan the Z-grade Vezel I ordered has called 'cruise control'

Me: Did you know most Euros from 1990s have that?

Vezel Buyer:Machan the Xgrade Vezel has traction control

Me: Did you know even Proton Gen 2 from 2003 has that?

Vezel Buyer: Machan my Z-grade Vezel has mirrors that lower themselves when reversing

Me: Did you know Peugeots from 2001 has that?

Vezel Buyer: Machan my Z-grade Vezel has orange interior

Me: DId you know Fiat Puntos have that

... and so on

then they go ayyo salli...

• Like 2

But I dont think those were/are in Vezel price range

This is how the usual conversation with chaps in office these days...

Vezel Buyer: Machan the Z-grade Vezel I ordered has called 'cruise control'

Me: Did you know most Euros from 1990s have that?

Vezel Buyer:Machan the Xgrade Vezel has traction control

Me: Did you know even Proton Gen 2 from 2003 has that?

Vezel Buyer: Machan my Z-grade Vezel has mirrors that lower themselves when reversing

Me: Did you know Peugeots from 2001 has that?

Vezel Buyer: Machan my Z-grade Vezel has orange interior

Me: DId you know Fiat Puntos have that

... and so on

then they go ayyo salli...

Fcking Hilarious!!!

Thanks Annoying Guy and overTuned.

Thanks naheelja it works. :)

I actually was not aware lowering mirror functions available in old BMW's / Audi's so on..

It's a good suggestion that we can refer how stuff worked in old vehicles before expose questions.

But the way some interpret, i dont think any car owner will boast about features of their vehicle unless they have some mental problem. But most people like me which are new to these would like to know how stuff work.

I agree there are some old golds. and new luxury vehicles may have dozen of new features. but the same time they were not anyway near to our price brand, and when it comes to second hand market,it was not easy to manage the huge lost.

I personally believe vezel is a good crossover at this price range, though it will make some margin loss at second hand market in few years.when comparing ROI, (w.r.t. features / build quality comfortable , space , control , driving pleasure over the price) it was the sound solution i see over many hybrid vehicles. (Toyota - aqua / prius, Honda- Fit/ insight, etc: )

just curious what are the vehicle options we have around 5 million? :)

Really? Just a quick look at the classified tells me there's a

2001 S class for 5.5mil

2000 E class(210) (diesel facelift) for 3.5 mil

2003 E Class(211) one for 4.3 another for 4.7

2006 BMW 5 Series for 5.7mil

All of these will have every single feature on a Vezel and features that would be introduced on Vezels (or their equivalents) 6-7 years in the future. Imagine the amount of class, presence, and luxury those vehicles carry. Besides, it would not just make your neighbor jealous, but your neighbor's brother-in-law too. :P

And yes, the next "pro" that the herd will say is "fuel economy". Let's be frank if you can spend 5 million on a car, pumping petrol for it shouldnt be a problem. The problem occurs when people buy cars beyond their means (and we all know why people do that), and cant afford the maintenance and fuel consumption that comes with it.

PS:

And I bet if you bought that diesel E-class and ran it like a colombo-katharagama bus, even at the end of 5 yeas of ownership you would have spent less on fuel than a vezel. (and dont foget the 1.5million you saved up-font, the depiciation of a brand new vehicle, and the insurance premium of a more expensive vehicle).

Edited by Watchman

But the way some interpret, i dont think any car owner will boast about features of their vehicle unless they have some mental problem. But most people like me which are new to these would like to know how stuff work.

Chances are not so remote. 20% or one in every five of us has it according to NIMH stats. http://www.sundaytimes.lk/131006/news/poor-mental-health-national-institute-cant-cope-with-the-demand-64878.html