• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aqua G Grade

selvanath

I am curious (I guess I could call and find out but I don't have the need to motivate myself to find out....), but is the Prius C offered by TL that much more expensive or lesser equipped than the JDM Aqua ? There are plenty of Aquas around (brand new supposedly) but not many Prius Cs. Considering the lesser depreciation of cars now I would imagine that a 1 year old Aqua is not that much cheaper than that of a brand new one....

Just to keep in track with your thread....

Check the Toyota Japan website and use something like Google translator to get a basic idea of what the grades and the base accessories for those grades are. Those are just an indication and are typically manufacturer options. However it does give you a general indication of what some dealer options are. What you will and can actually get is totally dependent on:

1. what the dealer network in Japan offers (at the time of purchase, location, etc..)

and/or

2. what the person (original owner) in Japan who is ordering the car decides to get.

and

3. How you decide to buy the car. As a Sri Lankan not living in Japan you can't directly buy a car from a Toyota Japan dealer (due to registration/stock transfer/etc... regulations) so you need an agent (presumably this is the guy you are referring to as agent and not agent in the sense of someone like Toyota Lanka or a Toyota dealer in Japan). If your "agent" is buying a car off of an auction you don't have much choice but to wait till what you want comes along (which can take time depending on how picky/demanding you are) or just get what comes up (fastest method but you are only guaranteed of getting the standard ops for the grade and whatever you get on top of it is just extra icing on the cake). Alternatively, you can have your agent go order an Aqua for you straight from the Toyota dealer (presuming he has some sort of agent/rep registered in Japan) with the exact options you want (which would also take a bit of time) in which case ask your agent to provide you a dealer options catalog (the normal catalog has what is on the website).

iRage, a friend who runs a company bought a Prius C for work purposes. It cost him close to 4.6 million a couple of months ago (came with a 3 year TL warranty ). The comparable supposedly re con Aqual was could be had for around 3.6 million

4.6 ??? That is quite a steep difference. Curiosity got the better of me and just checked a few adverts here (and other places) seems like there are "zero-mileage 2014" units for like 3.8 on average. Didn't expect TL to be that much higher....

Edited by iRage

iRage, a friend who runs a company bought a Prius C for work purposes. It cost him close to 4.6 million a couple of months ago (came with a 3 year TL warranty ). The comparable supposedly re con Aqual was could be had for around 3.6 million

toyota lanka sell their vehicles in USD, which at a higher value

but the recons comes in yen which much less these days..................

toyota lanka sell their vehicles in USD, which at a higher value

but the recons comes in yen which much less these days..................

Well since both the values are relative and both vehicles are sourced from Japan the exchange rate should not affect it, unless TL operates on a fixed price.

At the same time the recon importers probably get a discount as their so called brand new might be pre registered vehicles by dealerships and they could also benefit from dealer discounts and promotions.

Well since both the values are relative and both vehicles are sourced from Japan the exchange rate should not affect it, unless TL operates on a fixed price.

At the same time the recon importers probably get a discount as their so called brand new might be pre registered vehicles by dealerships and they could also benefit from dealer discounts and promotions.

Are you sure its sourced from Japan? I think TL sources vehicles from countries other Japan as well. Grades of their Prado seems to be very similar to the ones found in Aussie so the Prius C also could be from another country and not Japan

they still could be valuing it in yen

Edited by Magnum

Are you sure its sourced from Japan? I think TL sources vehicles from countries other Japan as well. Grades of their Prado seems to be very similar to the ones found in Aussie so the Prius C also could be from another country and not Japan

Don't think the Prius C/ Aqua are assembled anywhere else at the moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Prius_c

TL does import some vehicles from Thailand which has become a big manufacturing hub for the Asian market.