• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Inner Cv Joint And Ignition Problem

chew

Question

Hi Guys,

I kindly request your expert views on following two issues in my car.

1. Inner CV joint (Left) of my Chevy Cruze gave a rattling noise and then I took it to mr lal alawatte. One of his mechanics refill (that’s what the said) the Inner CV and the noise went away. But its only for 3 months. Then again I’m getting the same noise from the left. This occurs only when one person is in the car or in sudden pickup. If there is another one sitting in front seat, noise doesn’t come. What could be the reason for this? (With the previous repair, I replaced the whole suspension system including shocks, mounts and lower arms)

2. I noticed that the engine oil level is dropping slightly and also I am getting a noise (Kara kara ..) from ignition. Is this because burning of engine oil?? If not what could be the reason. Is there any reliable place where I can repair this?

Thanks

18 answers to this question

1) like Jaga said - go for it and replace

2) Year of the car ?

when was last oil change ? is oil pressure indicator goes off properly?

engine light status ?

Total ### Km done ? any recent engine repair ?

coolant level ok ?

any recent over heating issue or recent cooling system repair ? radiator,fans etc

is Kara kara ..sound from ignition or some where else of the engine. (Water pump may be)

Thanks you all..

dear APS i have answer your questions below

Year of the car ? 2004

when was last oil change ? only 1200+ km after the oil change

is oil pressure indicator goes off properly? No idea about how to test this

engine light status ? Nothing indicate. Work Normally

Total ### Km done ? ~102450

any recent engine repair ? NO

coolant level ok ? Yes

any recent over heating issue or recent cooling system repair ? Yes radiator was replaced, but the noice was there before the replacement

radiator,fans etc

is Kara kara ..sound from ignition or some where else of the engine. (Water pump may be) - I believe its from ignition. Just imagin the sound we experience when the engin is overheated.

It's a chain.

maersk >

mate what type of engine it is ? any engine code ?

chew >

check valves from a person who know suzuki engines very well.

BTW why u changed radiator, any history with over heated engine?

Edited by aps

The HT51S badged as Chevrolet has an issue with the cooling fan which leads to overheating. It basically only has one two speed fan which switches to the high speed mode when the AC is turned on. These fans are known to fail, either with the plastic fan detaching from the motor or the motor itself jamming. The fix is to replace the fan with new (or used I guess....)

As for running gear parts, there is absolutely no shortage of spares. Nearly every spare part shop or used part shop carries parts for this car though Cruze specific body panels might be harder to find than the more common Suzuki version. You should be able to find an entire front shaft if the gearbox side CV joint itself is not sold as a separate part. I think if the two CV joints are sold as separate parts, its best to buy new, or if you have a CV joint which connects to the wheel and the other end is the axle shaft with an integrated constant velocity mechanism, it might be more cost efective to buy used.

Thanks Don and APS,

Im getting this ignition sound even of the AC is turned off. I think i may have to replace the CV. no other option it seems. But the biggest issue is finding a relisble mechanic. I used to go to Macro auto tech (raththanapitiya) earlier, bur now even they do not have skilled people as those days. Is there any good place where i can take this car??? Please add your comments.

Thanks Don and APS,

Im getting this ignition sound even of the AC is turned off. I think i may have to replace the CV. no other option it seems. But the biggest issue is finding a relisble mechanic. I used to go to Macro auto tech (raththanapitiya) earlier, bur now even they do not have skilled people as those days. Is there any good place where i can take this car??? Please add your comments.

I can recommend a place for this type of repairs but it is in Udahamulla (Old Kottawa Rd). Usually they ask you to bring the car before 8 in the morning when they (owner himself normally) take the queued up vehicles for trial runs. So far I found them most suited for repairs of mechanical nature (mostly steering racks, suspension, drive shafts etc) and you can collect the vehicle on your way back home - something very much suitable for people like me. They have their stockpile of in-house spares but you have the option of buying on your own as well. PM me if it suits you.

maersk >

mate what type of engine it is ? any engine code

M13A, common to Swift, Jimny etc..

The HT51S badged as Chevrolet has an issue with the cooling fan which leads to overheating. It basically only has one two speed fan which switches to the high speed mode when the AC is turned on. These fans are known to fail, either with the plastic fan detaching from the motor or the motor itself jamming. The fix is to replace the fan with new (or used I guess....)

As for running gear parts, there is absolutely no shortage of spares. Nearly every spare part shop or used part shop carries parts for this car though Cruze specific body panels might be harder to find than the more common Suzuki version. You should be able to find an entire front shaft if the gearbox side CV joint itself is not sold as a separate part. I think if the two CV joints are sold as separate parts, its best to buy new, or if you have a CV joint which connects to the wheel and the other end is the axle shaft with an integrated constant velocity mechanism, it might be more cost efective to buy used.

It's HR51S and some parts differ to Swift, in my case whatever I needed. Sometimes there are compatible Indian Suzuki parts too.

M13A, common to Swift, Jimny etc..

It's HR51S and some parts differ to Swift, in my case whatever I needed. Sometimes there are compatible Indian Suzuki parts too.

Don't think anybody in their right mind will use Indian Suzuki parts on a Japanese Swift. In fact the opposide is done quite a lot as even patented spares originating from Japan are superior to Indian parts.

There are cosmetic differences and some body parts and the interior are different. But engine and running gear are the same.

Don't think anybody in their right mind will use Indian Suzuki parts on a Japanese Swift. In fact the opposide is done quite a lot as even patented spares originating from Japan are superior to Indian parts.

There are cosmetic differences and some body parts and the interior are different. But engine and running gear are the same.

That's what is available at A*W, mostly for suspension, steering and break parts. Replaced my break liners, pads, lower arms, break cylinder assembly all Suzuki/Maruti OEM but made in India intended for Maruti models. Complete steering rack from Japan as Swift part from India is not compatible with Cruze. Swift CV joints are matching but can't use as Cruze ABS toothed wheel is not fitting it. Absurd I know...

Same engine as Swift so parts are not a problem I suppose but I never had a engine issue during 8 years of use of vehicle.

I can recommend a place for this type of repairs but it is in Udahamulla (Old Kottawa Rd). Usually they ask you to bring the car before 8 in the morning when they (owner himself normally) take the queued up vehicles for trial runs. So far I found them most suited for repairs of mechanical nature (mostly steering racks, suspension, drive shafts etc) and you can collect the vehicle on your way back home - something very much suitable for people like me. They have their stockpile of in-house spares but you have the option of buying on your own as well. PM me if it suits you.

please PM me contact no of this udahamulla place