• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit Gp5 Inquiry

ozzie

Question

Hi everybody

I am a new owner of an Honda fit GP5 Hybrid :)

I have a question, sometimes when you press on the accelerator it will take time to pick up the speed, is that an option in an hybrid, where it starts off slow and takes time to pick?

Your feedback will be greatly appriciated :)

Thanks

• Like 1

22 answers to this question

Hello,

It is what is called reactive force pedal. The car accelerates based on how hard you push the accelerator. If you want to get a good pick up slam the accelerator meaning push it a bit hard than usual you will have the fun of your life xD. (Love that feeling)

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hello, It is what is called reactive force pedal. The car accelerates based on how hard you push the accelerator. If you want to get a good pick up slam the accelerator meaning push it a bit hard than usual you will have the fun of your life xD. (Love that feeling) Hope this helps.

you can turn off the reactive force pedal by turning on the "sport mode"

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

About the reactive force pedal, I thought it was a hybrid thing, as it runs on the battery, it took time to pick up.

Magnum, how do you turn off reactive force pedal?, I run on the eco mode.

One more thing, when I turn on the main lights and interior lights (after putting up the main headlights and the evening light mode) I hear a small high pitch noise, is it because the car is new?

Thanks so much

Hi

About the reactive force pedal, I thought it was a hybrid thing, as it runs on the battery, it took time to pick up.

One more thing, when I turn on the main lights and interior lights (after putting up the main headlights and the evening light mode) I hear a small high pitch noise, is it because the car is new?

Thanks so much

Im not very sure about where the button is in Fit, in the Vezel theres a button called "sport" near the gear lever

As the GP5 and Vezel are very similar it must be the "S" button in front of the gear lever,

1157284A30141122W00110.jpg

Im not very sure about where the button is in Fit, in the Vezel theres a button called "sport" near the gear lever

As the GP5 and Vezel are very similar it must be the "S" button in front of the gear lever,

1157284A30141122W00110.jpghis e

Above picture is not a vezel. In vezel, the sport mode switch is near the hand brake switch.

Hi

Thanks so much

In vezel, you can change the reactive force pedal in to 3 levels. I'm using the standard level (medium) which is comfortable in accelerating. Also I advice you to turn off eco mode to have a good torque. It won't effect much on fuel figures as far as I feel up to now.

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks so much

Where do you hear the sound from? It can't give you sounds because it is new.

Hi

Thanks so much

Sometimes this could be a transformer ocilating. I sometimes here this from phone chargers and I'm not joking :) If I'm not mistaken your car has Hid which would need a transformer to boost the voltage for the light. Does the noise go away if you switch off the headlights?

Sometimes this could be a transformer ocilating. I sometimes here this from phone chargers and I'm not joking :) If I'm not mistaken your car has Hid which would need a transformer to boost the voltage for the light. Does the noise go away if you switch off the headlights?

Actually I figured it out, the noise comes from the display itself, not too high pitched anymore, when I switch off the display it's fine.

The honda fit only does 8-9 KMPL, is it because I am driving bad? lol, it's fairly new. It switches it self on and off from battery to engine from time to time.

Actually I figured it out, the noise comes from the display itself, not too high pitched anymore, when I switch off the display it's fine.

The honda fit only does 8-9 KMPL, is it because I am driving bad? lol, it's fairly new. It switches it self on and off from battery to engine from time to time.

If it was bought recently do you have a warranty for it?

It should do definitely more than that. How are you measuring your fuel economy?

honda says gp5 does about 35KMPL but gp5 owners so far I encountered says it does around 18KMPL maximum,dont know whether recalled and repaired one does more than that . all gp5 I encountered were recalled ,hoped to by one but gave up the idea because of the bad claims of fuel economy and recall issues but every one says its a fun to drive car and a good handling car

Edited by THPower

honda says gp5 does about 35KMPL but gp5 owners so far I encountered says it does around 18KMPL maximum,dont know whether recalled and repaired one does more than that . all gp5 I encountered were recalled ,hoped to by one but gave up the idea because of the bad claims of fuel economy and recall issues but every one says its a fun to drive car and a good handling car

Checked on two full tanks brim to brim got around 15.5 kmpl, city driving heavy to moderate traffic

Yep my one also 2014 Nov one Actually you don't had to drive slow to get the max KMPL if you can keep run on constant speed even in 60 - 70 KMH (no ti colombo traffic) but at night time & in outstation I got ar 30 KMPL

I own a Nov 2014 Honda Fit. (post all recalls)

Fuel efficiency is highly dependent on the way you drive it. I've managed to get close to 30kmpl during night driving long distance.

however on average city/suburban cycle it will do 15-18.

BTW I found out we can get to Jap English translation regarding GP5 & many from this site https://yasithmayabandara.wordpress.com/ (Admin i don't have any connection with this website Just though to post the link as i though it's useful to GP5 users )

Please post in this thread as well, as its under the correct forum, so people can find it easier

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16480-honda-fit-gp5-user-manual/