• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Hybrid Fd3

luckey007

Question

I hope to buy a honda civic FD3.I found one manufac on 2010 CAC number for 3.4M.

Dear friends, my questions are,

1. Do you know what are the trim levels are and how to know them and ascending order of trims[including adding features if possible].

2. Does it worth 3.4M?[generally]

3.My friend told me that it is not fast and accelerate as other civic fds. Is it true?

4.Is there any way to check the battery condition?

Thanks in advance.

3. It won't accelerate as fast as FD1 (1.8cc) or FD4 (1.6CC). But it's got decent acceleration for a hybrid esp when the electric motor kicks in. Definitely better than Prius for me.

I think using the notorious Civic name for a hybrid will ruin the image of such Real civics ultimately..

http://www.youtube.com/user/HondaVideo

(press and hold R on keyboard..)

Edited by RViji

I dont think dimension is an, like iRage mentioned probably its due to other vehicles taking over the market, but its a shame that they have stopped the Civic production there cuz Civic was their key model

Yep the Axio seems to be pretty much the same size as Premio

I came across an article in an old magazine and did some reading up on the Honda press site. Based on what I read; whilst the dimensions of the FD made it lose its "compact sedan" categorization; the main reasoning for it getting scrapped was the surge in popularity of the 2nd gen Fit (which still fell in to a smaller tax bracket for engine capacity and size, better fuel efficiency, etc...and still had almost the same interior space as the ES). Apparently even with the larger dimension it was still doing okay against the first gen Fit+Fit Aria (which was categorized as a "compact sedan") at first.

The Axio is slightly larger than the Premio. However, the Corolla seem to have nearly the same dimensions as the Premio.

EDIT : I meant to type The Premio is slightly larger than the Axio...

Edited by iRage

I came across an article in an old magazine and did some reading up on the Honda press site. Based on what I read; whilst the dimensions of the FD made it lose its "compact sedan" categorization; the main reasoning for it getting scrapped was the surge in popularity of the 2nd gen Fit (which still fell in to a smaller tax bracket for engine capacity and size, better fuel efficiency, etc...and still had almost the same interior space as the ES). Apparently even with the larger dimension it was still doing okay against the first gen Fit+Fit Aria (which was categorized as a "compact sedan") at first.

The Axio is slightly larger than the Premio. However, the Corolla seem to have nearly the same dimensions as the Premio.

I searched for width, length of axio, corolla, allion and premio. Here are the results

Width

axio = allion = premio < corolla

Length

axio < corolla < allion < premio

It seems like dimension regulations in Japan has an impact on axio which is a JDM as well.

Oops...my bad ! I meant to say the Premio is slightly larger than the Axio. When I said nearly the same dimensions the insinuation was that some aspects are larger whilst some are lesser.

Technically, the Axio and Premio/Allion both fall within the small passenger cars segment size wise and are "5 number (5xx prefix)" vehicles (granted weight, engine capacity, etc.. does come in to play when further categorizing for taxes). The Axio is purposefully made smaller than the Premio/Allion in order to stay within a different class.

For the small passenger car segment the dimensions need to be less than or equal to 4.7x1.7x2.0m(LxWxH). The Civic FD was 1.755m which got it classified as a "Normal Passenger Vehicle" which made it a 3 number (3xx prefix) vehicle.

If you really want a listing of all the dimensions of cars, etc...

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/catalog/

Edited by iRage

guys..just small help..im kind of deviating from the main topic..however its bit regarding hybrid vehicles particularly civic hybrid...since i didnt want to open a new thread im continuing with this..(hope the admins allow..)

this is what i required..currently im driving a 96 vtec ek3 with manual tranny..which squeeze little above 11kmpl in city driving(ragama - wellawatte and back..),,however my week running is around 400km -450km.. then monthly around 1800km..which give me a fuel bill of 26k(95 oct) per month..which is bit costly although the car returns best fuel figures..

my questions are..

1. will a hybrid give noticeable savings if i switch to a hybrid ??

--personally i dont have any problem with the current car apart from the maintenance required for car which is 18 yrs old..and the VTEC is what i never want to miss.

2. If i go for a hybrid what are the cars i can look into..

--civic hybrid in my mind (do not like toyotas..Fit hybrid is ok..but the budget is max of 3.0Mn)

--or any newer gasoline car which gives same kmpl ..preferably a Honda...

need your advises and suggestions..

Yes hybrids on average do about 15% more on fuel than a similar ICE only car,particularly in the city but don't expect miracles...

If your sole purpose is to cut fuel costs then I don't understand the logic behind spending millions just to save a few thousand rupees a month.

But if you also want a newer car and trade up ,then yes, it's better to go for a hybrid.

If you like 90s Vtecs and expect the newer engines to feel the same,then you're gonna be dissapointed...The new hybrid Vtecs are lazy sluggish units.

The old spec Used/Recon 2010 onwards Honda Fit hybrid (GP1 chassis?) should be within your budget since the latest models are going at 3.5mil brand new.

• Like 1

my questions are..

1. will a hybrid give noticeable savings if i switch to a hybrid ??

--personally i dont have any problem with the current car apart from the maintenance required for car which is 18 yrs old..and the VTEC is what i never want to miss.

2. If i go for a hybrid what are the cars i can look into..

--civic hybrid in my mind (do not like toyotas..Fit hybrid is ok..but the budget is max of 3.0Mn)

--or any newer gasoline car which gives same kmpl ..preferably a Honda...

need your advises and suggestions..

I run about 1500-2000km a month (5 days in Colombo traffic and 2 Kandy-Colombo trips per week) in Civic Hybrid. Love the car but my average consumption is around 16kmpl (i dont drive the car with fuel saving in mind and these figures are with a bit of aggressive style driving). I spend roughly rs 20-22k on fuel per month. If you are purely running in City, i doubt switching to civic hybrid will give you a much benefit. If you really want to see a drastic difference in terms of fuel, try Fit GP5 or the Aqua.

For your budget, you can switch to a GP1 which should do 15-18kmpl on average.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I'm looking for a HONDA civic hybrid car. But some of known people are saying that there are some of problems in that car.

Expect your valuable information on followings.

1. Is there a problem on disconnecting the hybrid battery?

2. Battery failure.

Or any other issue you know on this car. please comment.

Thanks.

There's a function called "search", then there's an organ called "brain". Use them. They are not for mere cosmetic purposes.Then there's a guy called RamishkaD. He is a helpful guy who uses a Civic Hybrid. PM him. Do not make thread for each and every idiotic idea that comes to your mind.

Mods, Members what can we do for these "Apathayas"? Not responding won't help as they will bump and make new threads or one soft hearted member just do the search for them and post the link.

I really hate this mentality. Lazy even to search. Wait till others do it for them. Bustards...

• Like 1

well said Luckey!

Idiots like chamilak dont seem to learn.

I propose, if someone asks more than one stupid question, we report them to the mods and have the threads deleted. Everyone makes mistakes but the fool who doesnt learn from his mistakes doesnt deserve to be acknowledged on AL.

This particular Idiot is better off ricing a bicycle than driving a car.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I'm looking for a HONDA civic hybrid car. But some of known people are saying that there are some of problems in that car.

2. Battery failure.

Thanks.

This thread already has all the info you have requested http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16461-honda-civic-hybrid-fd3/

Hi All,

2. Battery failure.

Thanks.

Have you tried asking this info from the same people who claims there are issues?

Frankly I haven't used a Civic Hybrid. But I know a guy who used it for 3 years without any major issue..The car accelerates well without any problem. He sold it and bought a Prius second generation car claiming that his civic has very low ground clearance which made his travelling so difficult in rural areas.Generally hybrid batteries has a life time of 10 years. This means If you buy a car manufactured in 2007, the battery life is reaching to the end. Those stories about battery failure and disconnection take place due to it's useful life time is about to over. This doesn't mean that every hybrid battery going to be end in 10 years..

Frankly I haven't used a Civic Hybrid. But I know a guy who used it for 3 years without any major issue..The car accelerates well without any problem. He sold it and bought a Prius second generation car claiming that his civic has very low ground clearance which made his travelling so difficult in rural areas.Generally hybrid batteries has a life time of 10 years. This means If you buy a car manufactured in 2007, the battery life is reaching to the end. Those stories about battery failure and disconnection take place due to it's useful life time is about to over. This doesn't mean that every hybrid battery going to be end in 10 years..

In terms of the Civic Hybrid, the issue is not unfounded. A lot of batteries failed, and Stafford replaced some under warranty from Honda for vehicles sourced from Japan. For owners of UK imports (one of which was owned by a friend) the story was not as rosy as Honda did not honour the warranty on the basis it was a vehicle not meant for the Asian region. Stafford charged a charge to courier the batteries down (and some premium for the administration I guess).

Batteries don't have a set life time. Hybrid batteries were expected to last 10 years (remember nobody tested Hybrid batteries for 10 years to see if they hold up), and what we have found since is some have fared better than others. Enviromental factors as well as driving conditions play a big role in battery life, as re charge is influenced by those, and so is chemical decay.

There's a function called "search", then there's an organ called "brain". Use them. They are not for mere cosmetic purposes.Then there's a guy called RamishkaD. He is a helpful guy who uses a Civic Hybrid. PM him. Do not make thread for each and every idiotic idea that comes to your mind.

Mods, Members what can we do for these "Apathayas"? Not responding won't help as they will bump and make new threads or one soft hearted member just do the search for them and post the link.

I really hate this mentality. Lazy even to search. Wait till others do it for them. Bustards...

Troll. I really don't understand your logic.

LOL is that why you started a topic few months ago about an Civic FD3 itself regarding it's trim levels and acceleration , while you could've googled or searched autolanka forum yourself, when there are plenty of other threads had already been discussed here in past, on the same topic? :D There was a feature called "search" back then too. Not sure about the your "brain" though. :P

I know it's wrong to start a new topic when you can already find those info discussed in the past. But it's hilarious to see someone who just did the same thing giving advices to others :D

Edited by Goro

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Goro" data-cid="274720" data-time="1426748099"><p>

Troll. I really don't understand your logic.<br />

<br />

LOL is that why you started a topic few months ago about an Civic FD3 itself regarding it's trim levels and acceleration , while you could've googled or searched autolanka forum yourself, when there are plenty of other threads had already been discussed here in past, on the same topic? :D There was a feature called "search" back then too. Not sure about the your "brain" though. :P<br />

<br />

I know it's wrong to start a new topic when you can already find those info discussed in the past. But it's hilarious to see someone who just did the same thing giving advices to others :D<br />

</p></blockquote>

If so please put the links of those threads which has addressed the same questions.