• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Would The Market React To The 2015 Budget Proposals?

tcfern1

I think this is a fake message or a bit of guerilla marketing.

The Alto cost 18/50 before the budget. No way the taxes have reduced that much to sell it for 14.98

Few people claim that they called A*W and that they have told them the Price has been reduced

How much was Alto before?
1,960,000 with tax
Edited by Dinukap4

The Alto cost 18/50 before the budget. No way the taxes have reduced that much to sell it for 14.98

Well over the past few days, I've seen an increase fake ads on free sites quoting unbelievably low prices for some of the newly imported vehicles as well as used ones. Those who publish these ads give an email address only.

Well over the past few days, I've seen an increase fake ads on free sites quoting unbelievably low prices for some of the newly imported vehicles as well as used ones. Those who publish these ads give an email address only.

One of my office mate got the new price list. accordingly

basic Alto 800 Lxi is 14.85,

Sports 16.15,

Sports plus 16.33,

Alto K10 Vxi 17.95

K10 Sports 19.40

Wagon R Vxi 26.15 and

Omni 16.75

The mail has originated from the below person on 30th October

U.G.Amali Gunawardena

Sales Executive-Maruti

A*W (Private) Ltd | 445, Bauddhaloka Mawatha,Colombo 08, Sri Lanka.

Tel +94 777 221028, +94-11-2690099 , +94-11-7609609 | Fax +94-11-5355700

Email :[email protected]

I don't think that this is not a hoax.

Edited by tinyman

According to [1], price of Alto Lxi is 300133 INR without taxes > 639504.4 LKR ( 1 INR = 2.13 LKR )

tax = 639504.4*179% = 1144712

total = 1784217 LKR

if tax = 202% ( early tax ) becomes 1291798.88

and total price = 1291798.88+639504.4 = 1931303.28 which is close to previous price

I can remember that my dad bought a alto in 2008 for 14.90 when tax was around 120%

For me, these advertised prices are not matching with current taxes.

[1] http://www.rohanmotors.in/price/price.php

My curiosity got the better of me and I decided to pick up the phone and call A*W on 0117609609

Yes, the price is 14/98 so the above posts are true (except for the one that claims its 14/85)

The price of 14.98 for a bulto includes all taxes but excludes registration

and I think its a good price because its only rational to expect a tax hike for cars after the elections.

and I think its a good price because its only rational to expect a tax hike for cars after the elections.

WTF!!! no one even considering the possibility that we may have someone else in power after the election and things may go down a very different path. sigh...

• Like 1

Brand New Suzuki Maruti Price List

Special Price per unit

Suzuki Alto 800 Lxi (NEW) Rs. 1,498,000/=

800cc, All new wave front design, A/C, Cable Shift Gear System, Electronic Power steering, Self coloured bumpers, Adjustable side mirrors, Front power shutters, CD/MP3 player

Alto SPORT Rs. 1,618,000/=

Remote alarm with central locking, Reverse sensors, Powder coated colored spoiler, Body molding & Side mirrors, PU leather seat covers, Full floor rubber carpeting, Window tint, Powder coated coloured Alloy wheels, Graphic stickers, Sport badge

Alto SPORT PLUS Rs. 1,633,000/=

Remote alarm with central locking, Reverse sensors, Powder coated colored spoiler, Body molding & Side mirrors, PU leather seat covers, Full floor rubber carpeting, Window tint, Powder coated colored Alloy wheels, Sport badge, DVD Player with reverse camera.

Suzuki Alto K10 Vxi Rs. 1,795,000/=

1000cc, All Aluminum K-series Engine, Cable Shift Gear System, A/C, Power steering, Front power shutters, Manual central locking, Adjustable side mirrors, Front fog lamps, CD/MP3 player Door molding, Tachometer, 155/65R13 tires.

K10 SPORT Rs. 1,940,000/=

Alloy wheels, PU Leather seat covers, Spoiler, Color Coded panels, DVD+ Rev cam (Clarion) , Suzuki badge, keyless central locking and Window tint

Suzuki Wagon R Stingray Vxi Rs. 2,615,000/=

1000CC new K-Series engine, A/C with heater, Electronic PS, Power windows
Power mirrors, Remote Central locking, CD/ MP3 player, Front and rear fog lamps, 14’ Alloy Wheels, ABS Breaks, Rear Spoiler, Driver Airbag, Multi-Function steering Wheel.

Suzuki Omni Rs. 1,675,000/=

800CC, 5 seater van, Clear lens headlamps

this is a E-mail I got.
  • Like 2