• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Chevy Spark - DIY

gNaveendra

Once those switches were interchanged, the original printed letter goes upside-down.

Other than this, there in no other issues.

And, handling remains smooth.

It should be noted that, interchanging such switches wont affect the sigling the left/right sides.

• Like 1

Recently REPAIRED the dashboard speaker by a local TV mechanic, who is capable of re-winding speakers (not all the mechanic can, I guess!!!, he guaranteed for his work).

And, now its work fine, original quality is there.

The reason was, I felt tired searching new speakers for my chevy spark, which fits on the hole (its difficult to find, unless buying a new unit from authorised dealers).

For the repair, TV mechanic charged me just Rs. 300/=.

post-69467-0-39664700-1414136754_thumb.j

post-69467-0-40136000-1414136755_thumb.j

Absolutely, its difficult to handle signal switch if it is on left side.

Because, left-hand may be occupied changing gears (Manual Gears).

I don't aggree. Its no different if its the other way around. In fact in the UK most vehicles are manual, and the signal stalk is usually on the left hand side, even in Japanese vehicles made for Europe.

But then again, its your car, so if it makes life easy for you, why not!

First off, thank you The Don for combining all the threads into one. I hope the certain someone who had a hissy fit last week with me will understand that redundant threads need to be combined.

Secondly, got to appreciate gnaveendra's effort (won't risk saying "OP" here cause of the AL acronym issue above :P) and enthusiasm on his car. Some people are scared to get a little grease under their fingernails, so this deserves a little appreciation. I too rather have the indicator/light stalk on its original position though.

M!ster M!nt is also okay for copying keys. Got one of mine done a few years back and it took only a couple of minutes and I was charged something like 100 bucks. The branch in MC Majestic City charges higher for some reason. Got mine done at the branch in Nugegoda.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

I don't aggree. Its no different if its the other way around. In fact in the UK most vehicles are manual, and the signal stalk is usually on the left hand side, even in Japanese vehicles made for Europe.

But then again, its your car, so if it makes life easy for you, why not!

True, used many euros and even Japs for the Euro market, all manual with the Light stalk on the left, I feel it would have been better if you could have found the version with the flipped letters as it looks tampered with now. Maybe my paranoia

Most average chaps in our country don't know to replace a bulb, thumbs up for the enthusiasm (atleast its not a hybrid)

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...