• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Duty Calculations For Vehicles

dantoddd

Question

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new vehicle, and i want some accurate information regarding duty and taxes.

Can someone please provide information on the total taxes I would have to pay if i were to import a vehicle priced approximately at USD 25,000.00.

I would like how the tax calculation would be done for non-permit Vehicles, Permit vehicles and Hybrid vehicles.

I would also like to know if importing a vehicles from a country such as australia, as opposed to japan, would be a good idea.

2 answers to this question

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new vehicle, and i want some accurate information regarding duty and taxes.

Can someone please provide information on the total taxes I would have to pay if i were to import a vehicle priced approximately at USD 25,000.00.

I would like how the tax calculation would be done for non-permit Vehicles, Permit vehicles and Hybrid vehicles.

I would also like to know if importing a vehicles from a country such as australia, as opposed to japan, would be a good idea.

Hey buddy,

your question is too vague... for duty and taxes, vehicle's price is just one factor, YOM, engine CC etc are also taken into account when calculating.

Unless you are trying to import a Holden, I think getting a car straight down from Japan is less expensive plus, JDMs are in better built quality plus with more newer features.